Linweave Tarot-- any experience?

scorpiana

there is a Linweave Tarot deck for sale on ebay and i have been watching it-- is this more of a novelty deck or has anyone actually been able to read with it? the artwork appeals to me (its a collaboration of different designers for each card)- any thoughts/experiences?

coredil

From a collector point of view it is a really beautifull deck.
The pictures are amazing, the cards are very big (14 cm x 21,5 cm) on very nice different paper (the different kind of paper was the reason this deck has been made)

For reading, keep in mind that the minor arcana is not complete (only aces and court cards are included)
Also each cardback has a different color and is written with the divinatory meaning of the card + advertising informations.

Rusty Neon

It is more of an art deck than a reading deck. It certainly is one of the collectible decks from the 1960-80 Hippie silver age of tarot. I'm glad I bought mine. It makes me feel that I'm connecting with that time and place.

Whatever you do, make sure you don't pay more than you can get it for on abebooks. There are presently four Linweave decks listed there. But wherever you buy, ask about deck condition. I bought one for $30 U.S. there.

scorpiana

linweave abebooks

i looked there-- these decks are $175 and up! you got a bargain...

strings of life

Oh, me and reviving old threads about older decks...

Does anyone else love this deck? Well, it's not really a deck per say since it isn't a complete deck and was created as a promo for the Linweave paper company in 1967. The cards are huge!

Aside from featuring David Palladini's artwork, which would later be used in his Aquarian Tarot deck, the cards from the other artists involved in the project are amazing as well. The rich colors and card stock (all different types to advertise different types of paper) add to the spectacular print quality.

I should write a review for AT (I just noticed that there wasn't one) ;).

Anyway, if you have this "deck", chime in. Do you love looking at it as much as I do? I was fortunate to find one many months ago in mint condition with the plastic on the outside which says that it's for promo use only, for a decent price considering.

Linweave love!

Alta

I have seen Rusty Neon's copy. The 'cards' are just printed on paper and I doubt would stand up to much handling. Plus it is not a complete deck, so doubtful it would be much of a reading deck. It is quite 'trippy' looking, very much of its time. :)

strings of life

I'd agree - it's not a reading deck since it is incomplete, the backs have the paper advertising information (as coredil stated earlier), and the size factor. It's more for collection purposes or meditation (a stretch) if you did indeed want to look at one of the cards in depth and let your imagination run free with the colors.

It's just such a joy to look at. I'm a bit surprised there isn't much discussion about it on here...

rif

aurarcana said:
Iit's not a reading deck since it is incomplete

Although some people do read using only 42 tarot cards, it was mentioned on the forum not too long ago. So it may be complete for some. :)

The pictures remind me of a more vibrant Aquarian. Nice, but not one I'd care to own.

strings of life

^ Ah, yes, I meant in a full Tarot deck sense (78 cards). Sorry about the confusion.

You could still read with it, just like an Oracle deck :).

The crowned one

I love this deck. Ron Rae, David Paladinni, Nicolas Sidjakov, and Hy Roth did some great work for it and it pre dates the Aquarian by a few years, but you sure can see that deck within the linweave. I have read with it. I like using it for "people problems" because it has the courts, the potential of Aces and of course all the majors.

Here are examples of the four artists cards.

Attachments

• Hy Roth.jpg
    Hy Roth.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 271
  • Nicolas Sidjakov.jpg
    Nicolas Sidjakov.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 274
  • Ron Rae.jpg
    Ron Rae.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 275
  • D.M. Palladini.jpg
    D.M. Palladini.jpg