LoS mini decks, a thing of the past?

Le Fanu

Has anyone else noticed how few mini decks get released nowadays? Was it a fad that simply passed?

I was thinking about LoS mini decks. Their listing of mini decks seems to have frozen of late with no new additions. The mini decks now available seem to be those ones of the earlier LoS catalogue. To date, I think the list reads;

White Cats
Mermaids
New Vision
Secret
Universal
Tarot de Marseilles
Art Nouveau
Harmonious
Egyptian
Da Vinci
Visconti
Celtic
Pagan
Gnomes
Witchy
Renaissance
Fairies
Dragons
Manara
Druids
Manga

All of these are older deck releases and there have been so many interesting LoS releases of late, over the last 2-3 years. And none of them in mini format. I wonder if the fad has passed? U.S Games don't bother much with minis now either with their new releases.

Perhaps the bubble has burst. I have never been a mini kinda person, but I do notice how the mini catalgue is quite stagnant right now, and find myself pondering how excited I'd be over a Celtic Fairy mini, or a Dame Fortune's Wheel mini or 2011 Minchiate mini...I could - I think - still be convinced of the joys of minis.

Laura Borealis

A mini minchiate? *eyes crinkle up with laughter* Now I want one! Thanks for enabling me on something that doesn't exist. :laugh:

cardlady22

I adore my mini decks, but can appreciate the problem with seeing the details. I'd really like to see decks Designed To Be Mini- with scaled down symbolism. An example is the neat little Tarot Nova/ Tarot the Complete Kit by Running Press.

emmsma

I love my minis and would love to see new releases. I don't have, or even want them all, but as my collection grows I find myself thinking, maybe I do want Mermaids. :p

KariRoad

Current from ALIDA 9 Dec 2010

Tarocchi Art Nouveau - Tarot Art Nouveau Mignon

Tarocchi Egiziani - Egyptian Tarot Mignon

Tarocchi Universali - Universal Tarot Mignon

Tarocchi della Nuova Visione - Tarot of the New Vision Mignon

Tarocchi dei Folletti - Fairy Tarot Mignon

Tarocchi di Leonardo da Vinci - Da Vinci Tarot Mignon

Tarocchi Rinascimentali Mignon - Tarot of Renaissance Mignon

Tarocchi dei Gatti Bianchi - Tarot of White Cats Mignon

Tarocchi Pagani - Pagan Tarot Mignon

Tarocchi dei Draghi - Dragons Tarot Mignon

Tarocchi Erotici di Manara - Manara Erotic Tarot Mignon

Tarocchi dei Druidi Mignon - Mini Tarot of Druids

Tarocchi di Marsiglia Mignon - Mini Tarot of Marseille

Tarocchi dei Segreti - Secret Tarot Mignon

Tarocchi Celtici - Celtic Tarot Mignon

Tarocchi dei Visconti - Visconti Tarot Mignon

Tarocchi delle Sirene - Mermaids Tarot Mignon

Tarocchi degli Gnomi - Tarot of the Gnomes Mignon

Tarocchi della Strega Moderna - Witchy Tarot Mignon

bluecaffeine

The white cats mini is always with me, it is perfect i.e. for jeans or leather-jacket-pockets or anorak-pockets (when I don't carry a big bag with me). I would like some more minis.

Libra8ca

I've bought one LS mini deck (The Secret) and didn't really like it; I found it a bit too small. In fact, if anything I'd like the LS decks to be bigger (like MRP) and not smaller! ;)
I think I'd like the LS mini decks better if they were a bit larger like the Nova Tarot or even the Halloween-in-a-Tin. These I really like. Also, if they were borderless, the pictures could be a bit bigger.
My favourite LS decks are Universal Fantasy and Secret Forest; I think I'd buy smaller versions of these if the "Minis" were a bit bigger and borderless :angel:

Laura Borealis

I liked the mini Fairies deck. It seemed appropriate for it to be small, especially with the Richard Doyle fairy art on the pips. I don't know why I traded that deck, actually. I might have to get another one.

Ambrosia

I have the Universal, Tarot Art Nouveau and Visconti.

I love mini's as decks to carry with you for personal readings etc. When reading for others I tend to use standard sized decks.

I wish *all* decks came in two sizes. I'd definitely have both for my favourite decks!

They are also great inexpensive little gifts and wonderful for the collector.

Hedera

I quite like the LS mini decks, I hope they don't stop doing them!

I wish they'd get around to doing a mini of the Fey soon, though; I don't understand why there isn't one already.

Compared to other decks (like the Harmonious), it is very suitable for minituarizing (minimizing?), it's nice and clear and colourful, and from what I understand the regular version is one of their most popular decks.