Lovers as (non-romantic) person

PAMUYA

Lovers for me regarding a person is someone who can be my spiritual connection, a sole mate, someone who helps me on my journey. A sole mate in most cases are not "lovers/romantic" but have a karmic connection. The same type of connection is found in the Devil card, which is karmic energy which needs to be resolved (these types of karmic relationships can manifest over many life times until this energy is burn up) The Lovers energy is someone who brings you merit, energy which helps you to enlightenment/understanding/heaven (depending on your religious beliefs). This can be a romantic connection, or a deep friendship. I got this meaning after a deep meditation on the Lovers card. This someone is your connection to a deeper understanding of yourself, someone who makes you look honestly at yourself. They are not your "better half", they are there to help you find what is already within.

Pique Dame

The Lovers energy is someone who brings you merit, energy which helps you to enlightenment/understanding/heaven (depending on your religious beliefs). This can be a romantic connection, or a deep friendship. I got this meaning after a deep meditation on the Lovers card. This someone is your connection to a deeper understanding of yourself, someone who makes you look honestly at yourself. They are not your "better half", they are there to help you find what is already within.
That's a very nice way of interpreting it. It's unlikely this friendship will ever progress to anything deep like that (for reasons such as distance and other extenuating circumstances), but it's a good way to think of this card in a non-romantic aspect.