Luman,anyone?

franniee

ooooooo can't wait! I LOVE color!

franniee

OK mine is in the purple box and it is a matte finish. Sharp corners not rounded....was this the vibrant one? Not sure.

Some of the cards have a little chip in the corner and that has me :( (yes virgo here! I'll have to get over that.)

firefrost

franniee said:
OK mine is in the purple box and it is a matte finish. Sharp corners not rounded....was this the vibrant one? Not sure.

Some of the cards have a little chip in the corner and that has me :( (yes virgo here! I'll have to get over that.)

The printings of this deck will never cease to amaze me. I always understood the vibrant one to be glossy, but there are so many different ones, who knows?!

You get a headache but no answers when you delve in. The vibrant ones were up on her homepage last time I looked, months ago...I'll pay another visit...

Shame about those corners - why not contact your seller, and say the deck's not perfect?

thorhammer

I love mine (thanks, morticia :heart:) but I'll say this for it - it doesn't mince words! I've been drawing a card for the day, a focus type thing, for three days now, and have got Sacrifice, Intuition and Lethargy :bugeyed:.

Challenging. I wish I had time to sit down and really get into it. And I wish I had each one in huge poster size, to lie down in front of it and get lost :D

I love it to bits, but I know that, being borderless, I'll soon have scuffed edges :( which will look bad on this deck. Never mind. I, like Fran, will just have to get over it :laugh:

\m/ Kat

firefrost

The few on her home page now have whites and yellows looking much brighter than mine. That could be a result of the flash.

The last lot I looked at weeks ago were glossy and a LOT different.

No matter. To be honest, I'd have bought one of those a) if I could have guaranteed getting that glossy, brighter deck and b) if I'd had the money!

franniee

firefrost said:
The few on her home page now have whites and yellows looking much brighter than mine. That could be a result of the flash.

The last lot I looked at weeks ago were glossy and a LOT different.

No matter. To be honest, I'd have bought one of those a) if I could have guaranteed getting that glossy, brighter deck and b) if I'd had the money!

FF you can't compare the screen to a printed image. On the screen the images are probably in RGB (like your TV) Colors are crazy vibrant - when you convert it to CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow and black) in order to print you lose brightness! IT is automatic! There are ways to pump it up but it will never look as great as an image on a screen. :) Then you have to add the whole printing process of ink absorbing into the paper etc..... and that alters things again.....usually coated sheets are better for color... the color will sit on top rather than get absorbed and "lost" etc....

firefrost

I hear you, franniee :)

A lot of the past arguments have been about how they look on her website, and how different a deck some of us have. I forget who it was who got a glossy vibrant one and hated it.

Anyway, as I said, that's long gone now, it certainly didn't alter my love for the deck in any way.

Step into the colours and have a ball! :) ;)

franniee

My daughter grabbed it the second she saw it and sat on my bed and played with it all evening... she had her stuffed animals sitting there and she dealt them each a card and chatted with them about their card. She is such a little sponge! :laugh: She is very taken with the deck! I haven't had a chance to play quite as yet but I do LOVE color!

firefrost

Aww, that is so sweet! :heart:

Looks like she's following in her mother's footsteps - look out, you have competition! I hope she does let you learn and guide her. Both my daughters lost interest long ago, sadly.