Lumina Tarot

RiverRunsDeep

Judging from the pictures I've seen, I think it doesn't share the WU's raw power.

Exactly this. It doesn't share a tenth of the WU's raw power. In fact, when I finally had the Lumina in my hands, I realized it was not like the Wild Unknown at all. Lumina has a lovely art style and reads nicely, but it doesn't grab me the way my favorite decks do. I don't dislike the deck, but I also don't feel any connection with it. Also, if you are particular about card stock, Lumina is thick and clunky and difficult to shuffle.

All quite subjective, of course. YMMV.

rylla

Thick cardstock is for me :)

illyria

Just discovered this thread today... I feel not sure if I should get this one yet. I love the style - a bit like the Wild Unknown but much smoother. Judging from the pictures I've seen, I think it doesn't share the WU's raw power. For those of you who have them both, how do you feel about that?

Hi, Farzon.

I have both. They're two completely different decks, though there are similarities in style. I feel it would be a waste to purchase and use the Lumina in the exact same context as TWU. If you want a raw, powerful deck and you feel that TWU delivers, then use it for that raw power. If you're willing to explore something else, and you feel that the art of the Lumina resonates with you, then it's a tool worth looking into. I can't guarantee a connection, but I can say that it is Not TWU.

TWU is very good for meditative work for me, personally. I can be very silent and still, and on some days, given to bouts of melancholy. When I'm in that space, I feel the deck has a purpose and passion I can get behind. But then, I'm not Always like that, and so I grab a deck that suits my current state of mind. (Obviously I'm not a one-deck kind of girl.) :)

MissChiff

I'm just really not sure about this deck... I like the artwork...it reads ok..but there is something about it that throws me off... Maybe I just need to spend more time with it..

Farzon

Hi, Farzon.

I have both. They're two completely different decks, though there are similarities in style. I feel it would be a waste to purchase and use the Lumina in the exact same context as TWU. If you want a raw, powerful deck and you feel that TWU delivers, then use it for that raw power. If you're willing to explore something else, and you feel that the art of the Lumina resonates with you, then it's a tool worth looking into. I can't guarantee a connection, but I can say that it is Not TWU.

TWU is very good for meditative work for me, personally. I can be very silent and still, and on some days, given to bouts of melancholy. When I'm in that space, I feel the deck has a purpose and passion I can get behind. But then, I'm not Always like that, and so I grab a deck that suits my current state of mind. (Obviously I'm not a one-deck kind of girl.) :)
Thanks for the great input! Checking my finances, I have to say purchasing the Lumina is not an option at the moment, anyway.

I like the style, it looks great, but I'm still not sure ... I, too am a bit thrown off by the female body image communicated in the deck; way too skinny in my eyes. But if it's still available in a few months, I might still get it.

Citrin

Thanks for the great input! Checking my finances, I have to say purchasing the Lumina is not an option at the moment, anyway.

I like the style, it looks great, but I'm still not sure ... I, too am a bit thrown off by the female body image communicated in the deck; way too skinny in my eyes. But if it's still available in a few months, I might still get it.

If she would’ve just thrown in maybe 2-3 more average weight women, and perhaps one who isn’t around 22 years old, this deck would be a no-brainer to me, I’d buy it in an instant! The coloring is gorgeous and I really like her Connected and Free Oracle.

I don’t think the skinny people would bother me using this deck in readings, but I feel hesitant supporting something I don’t really agree with 100%... I’ve had my own weight struggles for 20 years, sometimes on the verge of ED, and I’m finally starting to hmm almost accept that I’m never gonna weigh 95 pounds (and still be healthy). I don’t want thoughts about weight interrupting my spiritual practice. Maybe I’m overreacting though... I'm gonna give it a couple of months thinking before I decide on it. A lot of people are loving it on YouTube and Instagram so maybe it's less distracting seeing it in real life. :)

madhatter00o

Oooh man. After reading what some people on here have had to say about the Lumina Tarot, I think I'm going to have to take the plunge. The person who likened it to "youthful, buzzing conversations" all around really sold me.

Plus, there's some serious eye candy.. >_>

KristinCali

If Starchild + Wild Unknown had a baby it would be Lumina

aquestionmark

I posted a pic of my trimmed Lumina deck in the trimmed deck thread. I trimmed the top and bottom borders off, this really opened the deck up for me and makes it the perfect size for comfortable shuffling. :)