magic mirror oracle

faunabay

I just found a new (to me) oracle deck that looks fun! I'm not sure I'd want to order it, but I hadn't seen it before and thought you all might like a look to.

Though I may just be slow on the uptake and some of you might have heard of it. :) Here's the link

http://www.soul-guidance.com/tarotdecks/magicmirror.htm

Emily

I haven't seen it before either faunabay but I've just had a couple of interesting readings with it, its a shame its not widely available - it does come across as very modern in both design and interpretation. :)

MatPoint

I saw it a few weeks ago. The author (or authors) say it is a modenized lenormand. So the idea of this deck is based in Lenormand, the symbols aren't the original ones though.

I have no idea how well this cards work.

If anyone knows anything about them, please, share.

I'm also interested in getting them.

Mat

faunabay

MatPoint said:
The author (or authors) say it is a modenized lenormand. So the idea of this deck is based in Lenormand, the symbols aren't the original ones though.
That's what caught my attention also. Since my new obsession is Lenormand cards :D I thought this seemed to be a good moderatization of the lenormand.
Some of the symbols are the same (or similar) but some are different. It just looked fun to me.

Emily

I think this would be a little easier to read than a Lenormand, the cards I got in the online reading really made sense and its not often online readings like this work for me.

MatPoint

Oops, is there an online reading? Where? I would like to give it a try. I wonder if this deck comes with an instructions booklet.

stella01904

faunabay said:
That's what caught my attention also. Since my new obsession is Lenormand cards :D I thought this seemed to be a good moderatization of the lenormand.
Some of the symbols are the same (or similar) but some are different. It just looked fun to me.
Pretty much anything with pictures gets called a "modernized Lenormand." :D

You know the Whitman deck, and it's updated version, right?
http://www.tarotgoddess.net/whitman.htm
And Lady Lorelei, and Gypsy Witch, and so many others....

Emily

MatPoint said:
Oops, is there an online reading? Where? I would like to give it a try. I wonder if this deck comes with an instructions booklet.

If you go to the link in this thread then on the main page, you click for free online readings - they are good. :)

faunabay

Uh Oh! I just did a three card reading. I hit the "draw a card" button three times. LOL But.....I got "Hole in the Road, be cautious", then "Danger, minefield", THEN "Hole in the Road" again!! Wow! I better pay attention.

I can't get this deck right now, but am seriously thinking of ordering one after the first of the year. It just looks really cute and fun, but seems to beable to get serious when needed too.

purple_scorp

I've used the online reading page before for this deck. It seems that the pictures are quite literal in that they easily symbolise the card's message.

It's quite accurate - I just did a reading now which exactly applies to my situation.

The only drawback I feel for this deck is that there is a mixture of photos with cartoons. I would prefer all one or the other.

with love
purple_scorp