Magician and 9 of Swords (help needed)

Ethereal

how would one read this combo in regards to how truly happy a person was at a relationship celebration, if emotional harmony was present currently in the relationship? I found these 2 cards to be quite puzzling; if emotional harmony is present between two people.

Magician 9 of Swords

perhaps the emotional harmony is there for this person, however this person may have manipulated things to make this happiness and harmony happen in the relationship. they had all the tools to do it. the mage is a master manipulator, who can deceive. things may be just smoke and illusions for this person, whom is really suffering from mental anguish and worry inside. maybe also a sense of despair and depression. ( 9 of swords).

not sure how to read this, need help, please.

Grizabella

Do you use reversals? If not, then this might be a good example of where a reversed meaning would come in on those two cards.

Ethereal

I do at times use reversals. if the card is indeed RX. sometimes I look at the rx, shadow side of the card. thanks for the info on this. with the happy harmony and emotional contentment in the relationship currently, I never did look at the RX side to these cards that had me so confused. thanks so much!!! appreciate it, grizabella! what I am thinking now is this person really wasn't happy at a relationship celebration. maybe just, * appearing,* that way, making slick communications and ignoring the any problems in the relationship, and maybe really not getting much sleep. looks like a front was put on. maybe?

PAMUYA

This person is making things workout even if they are worried and stressed. You never know what is behind someone's smile. No relationship is perfect.

sworm09

So the question is if there is emotional harmony between two people?

Well, the answer here seems to be no. I often see the Magician as having trickster qualities, and the 9 of Swords speaks to an intellectual implosion. This seems to imply that they were not happy at the relationship celebration, they were actually agonizing a bit, but they may have put on a happy face or hid it from others. Due to the 9 of Swords, there is a bit of malice implied here, almost as if they put up a front while secretly hating the situation the entire time.

What you said about a front being put on seems to be the case.

Ethereal

pamuya: yes, I would agree with that take of yours. they are making things workout , even if worried and stressed. that is SO true; you never do know whats behind someones smile. and, true also, no relationship is perfect. big thank you for the help!

storm09: yes, the trickster qualities of the mage. I like the intellectual implosion of the 9 of swords take. well, this was about one person In the relationship, however, yes. I don't think one partner was happy at the relationship celebration, and agonizing a bit. yep..putting on a happy face, hid it from others. (false front type of scenario going on ) could be hating the situation all the time. possibility I didn't think of. thank you so much for your input on this, also!!! much appreciated!

nisaba

I know this couple - for years he was very much as if he was wooing her, and she looked up at him with adoration.

I later found out that right though that period, they were in separate bedrooms and fighting like cat and dog. They just didn't want any (and I mean ANY) of their friends to know.

We all thought they adored each other. Genuinely. We would have said they had the perfect relationship, and complete emotional harmony. But it was a front that they maintained for the peace of mind of other people.

Ethereal

nisaba: thanks for the comparative story! what goes on behind closed doors no one really does know. the wooing thing. yes, with the mage he can be quite a slick one. manifesting things, but it all smoke and mirrors and illusions. the other looking with adoration. I have known people like this, too. the pefect harmony, perfect relationship. and, not wanting anyone NO ONE to know the truth. same page here; maintaining a front for others. and, as you said the peace of mind for others. so, true. I can now see this in these 2 cards. thank you , again!