Page of Pentacles crossed by Nine of Pentacles

Mythic Dude

I'm a relative beginner and recently did an open Celtic Cross reading for a friend. In position 1 & 2, the cards chosen were Page of Pentacles and the Nine of Pentacles, respectively.

The first thing that popped out of my mouth was - oh wow, money is on the mind, huh? After she confirmed this, I continued to interpret the card but to be honest I found myself struggling for interpretation. I told her that it felt like to me that she was in a period of initial growth (Page) even if she wasn't aware of it but that her inability to feel self-sufficient (Nine) financially was stunting that growth. I explained that she already has the resources and skill to manifest wealth in her life (Nine) but she may be lacking in discipline (Crossing Position). I also told her that the Page might be representing someone currently offering an opportunity that she may not be seeing (Position 1).

But then after the reading I was like UGGGHHHH maybe I just totally made that up and now I'm second guessing the entire interpretation altogether. Thoughts on other interpretations?

Darkmage

Or any growth she has is just for her alone. The two cards don't necessarily conflict, and in a CC reading, the crossing card can just as easily reinforce the central card instead of presenting an obstacle.

I'd ask if she was thinking about starting her own business. I've found Page of Pentacles and 9 of Pentacles often pop up in the readings of self-employed people, and/or those thinking about becoming self-employed.

Your interpretation is sound, though, and once again, depends on the context of the reading.

PAMUYA

Possible meaning: The page is a student/immature, beginning a career, the 9 could be someone who is experienced, who is sucessful who gets in the way or helps. Or the 9 indicates hard work and discipline needed.

Flaming Chalice

Possible meaning: The page is a student/immature, beginning a career, the 9 could be someone who is experienced, who is sucessful who gets in the way or helps. Or the 9 indicates hard work and discipline needed.

I wish this forum had a like button. I like this interpretation a lot, but these things depend on the next. I think the OP shouldn't be too hard on him or herself. That reading seemed really intuitive, which is my favorite kind.

Mythic Dude

This was all really helpful. Thank you so much. Spoke to my friend. Turns out she is actually debating between starting her own catering company or going to school. Now it makes more sense. And thanks for encouraging me to follow my own intuition. :)