Magisches Lenormand

olivia1

Hi everyone,

I learned about this deck awhile back ago from Le Fanu's thread a New Lenormand (or something like that). But I did not see any mention of what you all thought of the card stock and of the deck's size. So for those of you who own this deck, will you please tell me what the card stock is like and if it is the same size as the Piatnik or Blue Owl? Also, can someone please direct me to where I can buy this deck for the best price?

I have done an online search on where to buy this deck and the only place I could buy it (where it is not on "pre order" status) is from the publisher...I like to shop multiple stores before making a purchase (if possible).

Thank you in advance to anyone who is able to help me.

Le Fanu

Did I forget to post impressions?

Not very memorable. I was doing an order and tossed it in but - really - it wasn't very memorable. Artwork not very good. OK-ish... what else is there to say?

I have never used it, but it is a nice thing to have alongside other Lenormand decks. But we all have different tastes. I don't know why I don't like it; artwork feels a bit scribbly....

ETA; decent cardstock, more or less the same size as the Owls, comes in a plastic two part box, can be ordered from esoterik.de

olivia1

I am sorry that it took me so long to reply (I have been sick).

Thank you so much for your very honest and insightful reply, Le Fanu :)

It is great to know that the cardstock is decent and the size is about the same as the Owls. However, you feeling the art work looks scribbly kind of takes away from my excitement...maybe I will think about it some more before ordering Thanks again :)

Lee

I just wanted to say that I like this deck! It has a friendly and warm vibe. I respect Le Fanu's judgements but, as he says, we all have different tastes. I don't find the artwork scribbly. I can see how it might strike some as greeting-card-like, but for some reason it doesn't strike me that way. I do think the artwork is skilled, for example if you look at the Bear card it's clear that the artist(s) is/are accomplished. The art has been computer-enhanced with light and shadow effects.

I like the storybook feel to it. And I like that while the pictures are appealing, they've maintained a strong focus on the basic symbols, which I really prefer in a Lenormand. I also like how in some cards, some traditional meanings have been worked in, such as the Fish card, which shows a fish nosing open a cask of sunken treasure (for "money"). Of course this might not be a good thing if you don't see the Fish as money.

I just wish it were more widely available. As far as I could tell, it's only available from two stores, one in Germany and one in Australia. The one in Germany had prohibitive shipping to the US, so I bought it from the one in Australia. They threw in some extras -- a rough cloth deck bag, a jade heart, and a magic fortune-telling fish! :D

You can see all the cards here:

http://www.buettner-verlag.de/Bilder/magisches_lenormand/slideshow/slide.html

Laura Borealis

The drop-shadows :bugeyed: I'd always be looking at the drop-shadows.

Le Fanu

Great slideshow, Lee. Do you know of any more like that? I could click on that all night...

(Oh and glad you like the deck... :))

Lee

No, I've never seen a slide show like that before, but it's a great way to showcase the cards, isn't it?

MysticalMoose

I saw this slideshow last week and keep going back to look at it.. I love the artwork, so as I'm finally trying to get to grips with the Lenormand for reading - I've ordered one! :D

rif

I like it. Especially the Fish card!

daphne

I also like this Lenormand, it is my favorite until now, magic really!

Bright colors, lovely pictures, well executed and so story telling! And the backs are so nice, calm and profound. When having all the cards arranged in GT is like being in a candy store, colors, lights and variety, it looks really beautiful.
And having the clear playing card insets made it perfect for me!

It is indeed pity is not more readily available.