~ Making a website to show off your Tarot Creations.

kayne

Showing the world your Tarot Card creations is really easy by putting them on your own website! But where to start? Fear not - it really isn't as hard as it sounds!!!

For people new to making sites, I started using Geocities PageBuilder. It is free to register (you have to put up with irritating pop-up ads but you don't have to have any adss on your actual site so your creativity is not compromised...) All the tools and the 'space' to make it is all online... You can even add some pretty spekky stuff. (I made this in PageBuilder for last year's Xmas Party.) Basically, if you can upload an attachment in email, you can make a site in PageBuilder.

btw. You use your Yahoo! email address to regester and this name becomes part of your website address.

Another really good and easy program to use to make your Tarot Website is Microsoft FrontPage. That is what I make all my sites on and I find it really simple and easy. Then it is just a matter of uploading it through Geocities.

So - anyone feel like having a go making your own site? Anyone else use a different, easy web site building program? Feel free to ask me any questions about it... I am not really an expert but I can give you tips... :D

lunalafey

right on

too cool, I have seen what you have done and want to do the same. I'm in the learning stages. I've been working with angelfire and tripod. I liked tripod. But something happened when I had everything in storage, I tried to work with it a few times a while back. Have not been back since.
I suppose now I will. thanks for the nudge...
YOU WILL be hearing from me again....

Hush

RE: sites

i actually already set up a site...but ive been waiting for solandia to ok the using of the FAQ from aeclectic ...

but the address is sunnydaletarot.20m.com

the pagebuilder thing is a little awkward to use..(the last time i made a site i used microsoft frontpage)

but it does its job *shrugs*

(im gonna put the link in here but its not really properly up yet as i dont have the ok from solandia (or whoever i ask..))

funkpuss

What about Mac users????

I know it shouldn't be a problem but I don't know anything about uploading a webpage.

How long did it take you to do?

Funky

kayne

Re: What about Mac users????

Sorry Funky: I know nothing about Macs (I'd love to have a reason to know more though!!!) *Kayne dreams of a funky new silver iMac*
funkpuss said:
I know it shouldn't be a problem but I don't know anything about uploading a webpage.
I only know how to do it through GeoCities and it is actually pretty easy. If you are regestered with Yahoo! and go to the main GeoCities page you will see a link "Easy Upload Transfer files from your computer." Follow this and the instructions and hopefully you can work it out. (If not, let me know and I can try and help out...)
Originally posted by funkpuss How long did it take you to do?
AAHhhhh - don't ask! I can spend a whole weekend or more working on a site, but I make all original titles, backgrounds, buttons etc and I am a perfectionest when it comes to stuff like that. And I am always changing them... It takes a lot longer to do on GeoCities PageBuilder than Microsoft FrontPage because in PageBuilder you are uploading onto the internet as you go... takes some time. You really can spend as long or as little time as you want making sites.

Go on! Use it as a creative challenge!!! :T3P

funkpuss

MAC & PC's

OK kayne thanks

You make me laugh I get that ALL the time EVEN from IT tec's.
If youse a PC' and a Mac user asks questions about a Mac, they FREAK out!

I used to use a PC at work and hated it because of the windows poping up every second.

I use an imac and I find mac's user friendly. I'm no good really with computers but I've sorted quite a lot of tec stuff on muy mac so far. But as usal you never know how to sort things out until you have the problem yourself.

Funky:)

funkpuss

Search engines

Hi

I know there is a way because someone told be about it a few years ago but I forgot.

How would I be able to get my webpage/site on the top of the search engines???? as you know there are 1000,s of tarot sites.

Funky

kayne

AGAIN Funky, I have very limited experience in this... but I know you can list it in a variety of places for free. I think Google is the best one (Go to Google.com and look for "List my site" or something like that...) You can also do stuff like banner exchange, webrings etc...

funkpuss

Silly me

Hi Kayne,

Yeah I think your right about google. I was with a webring before which was really good and had banners on my site from top names in the UK.

But what I didn't make clear was how do I get my site on to the first TOP of the list or even the first 10??

I will also phone around to web design Co. next wek to find out more info.

I think I should do postal readings and put this on a site for an income while I design my own cards.

Funky

kayne

Sounds great! I think they judge top 10 sites by the amount of people that go into them... I guess you have to regester... and probably pay money... am not too sure...

Anyone else know anything more about this???

Can't wait to see some new sites from fellow Aeclecticans! :D