Marseille 3-card combinations

Bernice

Wonderful! (I have made a note of that 14 = a square pyramidal number).
I do so wish I were more mathmatically inclined. I culled as much as I could for number 1 - 10. But totalling the pips will mean further forays.

I also see that a 'square pyramidal' number is very likely = permanence (Whether for 'good' or 'bad', relatively speaking.)

So yes, "So, someone should take something and 'convert' it into something else, which may involve some sacrifices, but the results will be permanent and 'monumental'.

This could be the Queen OR perhaps a family member........?

Bee :)

Flaxen

Bernice said:
Wonderful! (I have made a note of that 14 = a square pyramidal number).
I do so wish I were more mathmatically inclined. I culled as much as I could for number 1 - 10. But totalling the pips will mean further forays.

I also see that a 'square pyramidal' number is very likely = permanence (Whether for 'good' or 'bad', relatively speaking.)

So yes, "So, someone should take something and 'convert' it into something else, which may involve some sacrifices, but the results will be permanent and 'monumental'.

This could be the Queen OR perhaps a family member........?

Fascinating stuff about the number 14. 14 also reduces to 5 (1+ 4 =5). I think the situation reads from batons to the coins. So perhaps this queen is using all of her skill to pull a situation together to create a firm family base. If we take the 4 of coins as the last in the sequence, and then think about the number 5, I would see the 5 of coins as being the energy behind the enterprise. In Mel's pips the 5 of coins relates to diplomacy. This queen's skill perhaps lies in her powers of diplomacy - her ability to bring opposing forces together amicably.

Melanchollic

Flaxen said:
Fascinating stuff about the number 14. 14 also reduces to 5 (1+ 4 =5). I think the situation reads from batons to the coins. So perhaps this queen is using all of her skill to pull a situation together to create a firm family base. If we take the 4 of coins as the last in the sequence, and then think about the number 5, I would see the 5 of coins as being the energy behind the enterprise. In Mel's pips the 5 of coins relates to diplomacy. This queen's skill perhaps lies in her powers of diplomacy - her ability to bring opposing forces together amicably.

Yes! Reducing to a '5' adds another subtle layer to ponder, doesn't it?

Flaxen said:
So perhaps this queen is using all of her skill to pull a situation together to create a firm family base.

I see that too. Or if a reader goes 'the other way', by the direction of the Queens glance (Coin 4 >> Queen >> Baton 10), we might judge the Queen to be taking her homemaking talents to a higher level (the 10 being 4's higher manifestation) and she's shootin' to be the next Martha Stewart! :D

Bee,

Are we not allowed to be more specific in our example queries?

Bernice

Melanchollic said:
Bee,

Are we not allowed to be more specific in our example queries?
Hi Mel, good to see you.

We can't have actual (real) 'readings' here in History. These are purely experimental for exercise in handling marseille card combinations. A Life Area or Subject is given so as to give some focus for what the combinations might mean. We can't be any more explicit.

It's possible that members might want to give two interpretations, one with a positive slant, and one negative? No problems with that :)

Bernice

Three more cards

Deck: Angel Tarot
Subject: Travel/Holiday
Method: Any.

2 Swords + Ace Batons + 2 Cups

I'm brushing up the Math Number method and will return to this spread.

Attachments

• 2-swords.jpg
    2-swords.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 81
  • A-Batons.jpg
    A-Batons.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 2-Cups.jpg
    2-Cups.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 76

Herzog

it's good to see see this thread still going...

visually speaking, we begin with two swords that are crossed, and we end with two cups or what looks like two people toasting. In the middle we see a single wand.

Two people who initially clash become good friends once they put aside their differences and agree to work together

Melanchollic

Using the Ol' Fashioned meanings -

Baton 1 sits between the Sword 2 & Cup 2. It is what goes on between them, the 'interaction'. If Sword 3 is the querent, they who wish to travel, and the Cup 2 is the quesited, the place they wish to travel to, I'd say the time is bad for a holiday. The destination is benefic (Cup 2), but the travelers will either be robbed (Sword 2, a separation from property), or lose something valuable, or perhaps be 'separated' from their health. This will be so horrible that it will become the single (Baton 1) focus of the trip, a troublesome situation that ruins all the fun. Best stay home and cuddle! :love:

Sorry so negative, but avoiding a potential bad situation is a real positive. :D

Herzog

oops... didn't see the subject was "travel/holiday"

Teheuti

Normally I don't use elemental dignities with the Marseille deck - or only as a double-check, but they leaped out at me in this spread.

The Ace of Batons takes center stage by triad placement, but also because it dominates the energy. It is unfriendly with Cups (Fire/Water) but, since Cups are somewhat friendly with Swords, they aren't negated. Cups, though, is the weakest of the three cards. Batons and Swords augment each other for good or ill. With the two Twos I would think this has something to do with traveling companions or people encountered along the way.

So - A strong desire to take this trip wins out over difficulties (opposition?) at the beginning. The trip turns out okay, although not quite as good as you might otherwise expect with the 2 of Cups. One possibility is that you have a disagreement with someone and end up spending time with someone else (maybe only a light flirtation or one-night stand). Or you quarrel with your traveling partner (different ideas about places to go or things to do) and then make-up. Also, cloudy weather could clear up.

Moonbow

1jj

1jj.png

Visually, this looks like a couple on their second honeymoon. The Baton being the reason for the holiday, the celebration. Then I see the Swords not as argumentative but as the first meeting and flowering of the relationship, the Swords don't appear to me as crossed. The 2 Cups are the champagne dinner on arrival at their destination. I don't see travel in this spread so much as the reason for the holiday.

The 1JJ deck has particularly floral minors and this is reminiscent of confetti and flowers. (Plus some sexual imagery. ahem!)