Marseilles Seekers Thread (Fourth Exercise)

mosaica

EnriqueEnriquez said:
It would be great if you can ... also follow Satori's example in the previous thread, by going through the whole deck or part of it while asking to each card "what am I missing", or any other question you find interesting to explore.

By "whole deck," do you mean to include the majors and courts now, too, or still just pips?

Mosaica

EnriqueEnriquez

Look at the word TAROT.

The consonants conform the ‘body’ of the word: TRT

The first letter is a T, the last letter is a T: TT, like a house. A house with an R inside. A temple for that “RRRRRRR” sound. There we have our inner cathedral, holding the sound of Spirit!

A letter T represents an individual ‘reaching for heaven’, or expanding only on a vertical plane, but that expansion has been blocked, or stopped. In a way, the letter T suggest an individual who wants to live in the intellectual plane (If we look at the letter E we will see that letters would show the individual expanding in three different levels: lower/terrenal, middle/emotional, High/intellectual). By living in the intellectual plane the individual discovers that sky is not the limit, but thoughts are. That’s why the individual needs to move forward, as indicated by the letter R, but the individual moves only to find itself being trapped, again on a higher plane, in the final letter T.

If we were to operate like that we won’t be very practical!

The vowels conform the ‘soul’ of the word: AO

The letter A will be the individual becoming receptive to the ground, and the letter O would be the individual becoming whole. So, the message in the vowels would be “keep an eye on reality to get the full picture”.

The catalyst for the whole operation would be the letter R, which as I said before is a very driven shape, like the shape of a locomotive’s face, which moves the individual from being receptive to the ground (Letter A) to be whole, as represented in the letter O. But if we stop for a little bit to analyze the letter R we see that it comes from the letter P, and the letter P is created by the combination of the letter I and the letter O. A letter P is a letter I that became ‘pregnant’ at an intellectual level. That is why the letter R’s diagonal ‘leg’ is so important: it helps the letter P move forward while anchoring that pregnancy to the ground.

When we combine consonants and vowels, the message in the word TAROT would be: “Reach for heaven to work on earth. Keep your insights practical!”. No matter how elevated our insights, they are worthless if they can’t be applied to our day to day experience, for the tarot is a machine that creates inspiration for real life.

Se, there you have it. It is just a game. But if we play we may ‘get’ something we won’t get when we aren’t playing.

The main point I want to make with this exercise is this: in any process (word, card’s sequence, sea shells cast on a mat) we witness we need to detect the ongoing narrative. I have found out that the key question to uncover such narrative is this one: "how does this came to be?" ¿How that letter A came to be? ¿How that letter R came to be? ¿How that V de Epees came to be? How that Royne de Couppes came to be? The questions pre-suposes that whatever we are looking at isn't a static event, but an individual snapshot, a moment, a single manifestation of a continuous flow. This way, we can make letters, the cards, and the whole reality talk to us.

Best,

EE

EnriqueEnriquez

mosaica said:
By "whole deck," do you mean to include the majors and courts now, too, or still just pips?

Mosaica

Hmmm... Keep it ‘short’ and work on the pips only.

EE

EnriqueEnriquez

Satori said:
So...did he get the chop?

:)

No. He hasn’t been ‘inverted’ yet.

Satori

ELSA

This is the name of my father's dog.

So the E reaches out, and yes it is toward the future. The L continues that motion and grounds it so that we are looking at earth energy, but the S transforms it to the head by running everything/energy through the body. So in a way, like a lightning bolt, where you have a total body experience with some kind of revelational idea. I think the S is a very interesting letter. With the A we see the idea brought back to earth, and again I think it is filtered back through the body. There is a feeling of acceptance to it. Agreement.

So, I'm not sure what my sentence is...Um...

If an idea is a revelation run it through your body to test it's validity/truth/meaning for you.

Is that what you want us to do?

EnriqueEnriquez

Satori said:
ELSA

This is the name of my father's dog.

So the E reaches out, and yes it is toward the future. The L continues that motion and grounds it so that we are looking at earth energy, but the S transforms it to the head by running everything/energy through the body. So in a way, like a lightning bolt, where you have a total body experience with some kind of revelational idea. I think the S is a very interesting letter. With the A we see the idea brought back to earth, and again I think it is filtered back through the body. There is a feeling of acceptance to it. Agreement.

So, I'm not sure what my sentence is...Um...

If an idea is a revelation run it through your body to test it's validity/truth/meaning for you.

Is that what you want us to do?

Yes, this is good. I think you got the essence of it.

We start with a letter E which reaches forward without holding anything back. We can see the individual extending at a physical, emotional and intellectual levels. Then the letter L suggest a need for the individual to get anchored on the physical realm. This anchoring prompts that ‘kundalini’ energy we see on the letter S, which coils in an electrical way to reach up. The letter S shows a kind of expansion that is more elastic, flexible, and vibrant than the expansion shown by the letter E. And then, it is almost as if the letter S becomes a shower, with the letter A being dropped down to fall standing steady, holding firmly its ground.

Perhaps the message is about how a the branches of a tree can only be as big as the tree’s roots.

Is that dog having its calcium?

Now, playing a little bit, a letter E could be a Chevalier. The letter L could be a Valet, but also, Le Fov. The letter S could be La Maison Diev, or Iugement, and the letter A definitively looks like Le Bateleur. ;-)

Well done Satori. :)

EE

Phine

Hoping your invitation is still valid :) ...

Instead of picking a word by random I chose my nick to study.

P H I N E

My first impression: Verticals and horizontals are stressed, there is only one curved line appearing right at the beginning. I can imagine a seed vessel popping and letting the seed ripple to the ground (following the falling line of PHN), ingraining and then bringing up a new „I“, growing on all three levels (E).

The body of the word: P H N
It has a falling rhythm - I can see the curved line of the P becoming the horizontal line of the H that tips to become the diagonal line of the N - like a marble run that nicely and carefully brings the ball from a higher point to a lower one.
P - lots of ideas and thoughts (as if the head is pregnant) are looking for
H - a counterpart to share these ideas and find balance, find an emotional exchange as well as the possibility to climb another level of understanding for both parts (the image of a ladder came to my mind).
N - The exchange seems to be necessary to get the feet on the ground and go a step ahead for a new positioning.

The spirit of the Word: I E
The I, the individual reaches forward on all plans. But it has to be grounded before (I N E).
The I is the center of the word - it´s like a mirror or a centerline to the other letters: E seems to be an opened form of the P in the beginning and the N is leading the process of the H to the ground...

But how am I to put this together in one picture?
Phine seems to be a person with many ideas, whos mind is always busy. She needs the exchange with other people to modify and permute the undertakings and to enable growth on every plane.

Is that an approach - or do I whitewash :D ?

Best,
Phine

Satori

EnriqueEnriquez said:
Is that dog having its calcium?
Great question! I'll ask my Dad.

EE said:
Now, playing a little bit, a letter E could be a Chevalier. The letter L could be a Valet, but also, Le Fov. The letter S could be La Maison Diev, or Iugement, and the letter A definitively looks like Le Bateleur. ;-)
EE

I think that Iugement is Judgement, right? What language is that anyway? Wow, how did you get those cards from the letters...that is a trick.

Bernice

O.K. What exactly are we supposed to be doing, the marseille pips or the letters of a word?

Suspected you were all barmy....now I'm convinced. (mumble .. mumble... this is what you get for joining a Cuckoo Club... did you think it would be a piece of cake? A pink elephant? A bent teaspoon?.... mumble...)

Me = Bee

EnriqueEnriquez

Phine said:
P H I N E

My first impression: Verticals and horizontals are stressed, there is only one curved line appearing right at the beginning. I can imagine a seed vessel popping and letting the seed ripple to the ground (following the falling line of PHN), ingraining and then bringing up a new „I“, growing on all three levels (E).

The body of the word: P H N
It has a falling rhythm - I can see the curved line of the P becoming the horizontal line of the H that tips to become the diagonal line of the N - like a marble run that nicely and carefully brings the ball from a higher point to a lower one.
P - lots of ideas and thoughts (as if the head is pregnant) are looking for
H - a counterpart to share these ideas and find balance, find an emotional exchange as well as the possibility to climb another level of understanding for both parts (the image of a ladder came to my mind).
N - The exchange seems to be necessary to get the feet on the ground and go a step ahead for a new positioning.

The spirit of the Word: I E
The I, the individual reaches forward on all plans. But it has to be grounded before (I N E).
The I is the center of the word - it´s like a mirror or a centerline to the other letters: E seems to be an opened form of the P in the beginning and the N is leading the process of the H to the ground...

This is extraordinary! Well done.

Phine said:
But how am I to put this together in one picture?
Phine seems to be a person with many ideas, whos mind is always busy. She needs the exchange with other people to modify and permute the undertakings and to enable growth on every plane.

I would rephrase it like this: Ideas are like milk: you either drink it or throw it away, because after a few days it gets rancid. Phine needs to act upon certain ideas, either by sharing them, or by discarding them. This way she will be empty enough for new ideas to come in.

Best,

ERE

EE