• INFP

Votes: 123 20.3%
  • INFJ

Votes: 161 26.6%

• Total voters

Sanctum_Priest

alec said:
Hi Sanctum_Priest,

I've worked with two excellent IT project managers who are both INTJs. While their ages, backgrounds and nationalities are completely different, they both were extremely intelligent, conscientious, focused and successful in leading projects to completion.

They also both cared a lot about what people thought about them - though you wouldn't necessarily know this from their unflappable exteriors.

They are likable people - but not "warm and fuzzy".

Complete integrity, honesty and worthy of trust.

Don't know if this is typical of INTJs or not, but it held for both of these people.

Alec

Oh the irony. I'm a project manager but I freely admit I'm rubbish at it!

Aerin

Sanctum_Priest said:
I missed this before. It's not surprising that AT members tend to be more introspective and iNtuiting than the general population. From the info shown I don't think AT members are that different from the general population when it comes to the last two identfiers (TvF or PvJ) which surprises me slightly. But what I don't understand is what someone who combines N and T is like -- it seems a contradiction to me. I ask this as an ISTJ!

My husband is INTJ. A lot of the people I used to work with were NT - scientists in the main. Big on generalising and working with concepts and logic; scrupulously fair; tended to see things as "right" and "wrong"; hated organisational politics. Totally didn't "get" anyone who said things they didn't believe in to keep in with others. I come across a lot now too in my work, again scientific backgrounds.

(I'm NF)

jacknails

I came up as ISFP, and the career indicator showed Graphic Designer, so I'm in the right direction it seems :)

JSNYC

Aerin said:
My husband is INTJ. A lot of the people I used to work with were NT - scientists in the main. Big on generalising and working with concepts and logic; scrupulously fair; tended to see things as "right" and "wrong"; hated organisational politics. Totally didn't "get" anyone who said things they didn't believe in to keep in with others. I come across a lot now too in my work, again scientific backgrounds.

(I'm NF)
Wow! You nailed me too, Aerin! For some reason I love that name...

As of now, there are 295 votes, and I created a chart of the breakdown of the traits, here is the list (to preserve formatting):

HTML:
	Votes	Percent

E	36	12.2%
I	259	87.8%

S	50	16.9%
N	245	83.1%

T	106	35.9%
F	189	64.1%

P	128	43.4%
J	167	56.6%

However, (as usual :D ) there is one technical detail with your description... the scientific background. One year of college, tested out of the other year, didn't want to go. I guess you could say... whiz kid, but no one that has ever new me has called me that... they just say I'm really smart.

Somebody gave me a computer and a bunch of books, a story I used to think was curious, I told myself how to program computers at 16... they were BASIC back then. I am simply someone who can take very complex systems, and understand them, completely. I have had a fair amount of success, but I used to often wonder what would have happened if I actually tried... if I actually cared.

Then I picked up my first Tarot book and deck, the Universal Waite and the Gilded Tarot (which was quickly switched to The Legacy of the Divine!) in December 2009, and I popped the top! (As I always do!)

Pop! Man! What a mind job! :)

(Note: I let Excel pick the colors for the chart, Excel did quite well, so I didn't change them.)

Attachments

• Traits.jpg
    Traits.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 120

alec

Nice breakdown (and excel chart) JSNYC!

Alec

Tarot Orat

I've always been the only INTP in the class or group of test-takers, the only one in my high school (it was a small high school, admittedly), the only one at my company. But here, 10.4% of the poll takers are INTPs like me! No wonder I feel particularly at home around Tarot folk :)

Silver Crow

INFJ

That was interesting. I new I was part of a smaller group in life, and look, we're all here. LOL

Tarot Orat

I just went to one of the links above to take the test - I haven't done it in ten years - and came out a lot less "T" than I used to. There had been a few questions I hesitated over, and when I went back and changed the answer I was an INFP. I have probably been developing "feeling" ability as I grow and interact with mature people more often; when I was in school, nobody liked me and I was the constantly-studying smart kid. Now I'm still the smart woman, but people actually like me and I feel better around them and using my feelings and emotions.

Still a huge introvert, though. And pretty intuitive, and quite perceptual. It's the "slightly thinking" vs. "slightly feeling" that are fluid now.

Still, my first result, when I really went with my gut, was INTP. It's just that I hesitate a little more now on some issues; I'm not too far from an F, and in some situations can be more feeling than thinking.

Very interesting; I'll have to take the test in 10 more years and see if I change more!

Teheuti

I find that when I am in the midst of writing a book I become much more INTJ than I am normally. Otherwise, I'm a pretty strong INFP. The solitary, critical and mental processes of writing and researching bring out parts of me that are not as strong in my social life.

moderndayruth

ESFJ :angel:

caretaker/supporter

What made me laugh was:

"With Extraverted Feeling dominating their personality, ESFJs are focused on reading other people. They have a strong need to be liked, and to be in control. They are extremely good at reading others, and often change their own manner to be more pleasing to whoever they're with at the moment."

I do feel as Leonard Zelig sometimes... :rolleyes:
We've changed residences very often, moved from country to country every three or four year, so, yeah, i somehow learned to adapt! :p