Medicine and Sacred Path Cards

Milfoil

Mi-Shell said:
Iffff you dream of the Binee'see' the Wakinian, the Thunderbeings, THIS is the sign that you HAVE to become a Heyokah!

Eeek, thank goodness my dreams haven't included seeing thunderbeings then!

(what are thunderbeings???)

Mi-Shell

Thunder beings in the myths of First Nations can manifest as Thunderbirds, Huuuuuge translucent Dragonflies, Storm-Cloud beings, or even humans - often with a biiiig drum through which you can see or upon which there are swirling clouds.......

Bat Chicken

..and they are what they imply - BIG ENERGY!

Milfoil

Thankyou both, I really appreciate your help.

The book still hasn't arrived so can I beg your assistance once more and ask what card 31 - Medicine bowl indicates. The word underneath on my card is 'cura' so Cure is clearly a message here.

Does this card have anything to do with bringing together different things to effect a cure or is it an idea about being a physical recepticle for healing? Perhaps both?

Bat Chicken

You're pretty close - it talks about opening yourself up to healing...

Milfoil

Thankyou - that makes a lot of sense.

Mi-Shell

.....the Poem that goes with the card:

Medicine bowl of healing cures
of visions, dreams and what endures
Beyond the void of time and space
You bring the healing for every race.

For seers and healers the water you hold
Brings ancient wisdom now retold
For seekers and for those in need
Your healing ungent brings reprieve

Milfoil

Mi-Shell, thats really profound right now, some of the lines resonate with things going on in my life at them moment. Thankyou.

Ok, today is Kokopelli, its ok, I've managed to find lots of information about this 'trickster' musician and fertility deity.

My question is, looking back on the daily draws, there is a theme running through them, one of power, healing and the trickster. Can someone please explain to me why the 'trickster' is important, what is it about the trickster that I need to be taking note of? Clearly this message, whatever it is, is being hammered home!

Thankyou again and sorry for being so demanding.

Mi-Shell

Some trickster messages could be:

-Do not take yourself tooooooo seriously!
-Have some fun in your life!
- laugh about yourself!
-Laughter dissipates tension

-The trick may be on you!
-Are you "over the top" on some issue????
- Looooook at an issue from a contrarian side. Oposing views are good teachers

---- Remember, when we opened the Teaching Tent and there was some "joking" going on = Serving the trickster....

Milfoil

Thankyou Mi-Shell, I've responded over in the Teaching tent where this discussion seems more appropriate.