Merging Lenormand/tarot

Sylvie Steinbach

Another spread merging Tarot and Lenormand

Again I advise that you take your own decks and position the cards as followed to work on the spread...it helps!

Mark is our client: he wants to see what is coming up for the next 3 months. We are doing the reading mid-April!

Here is the spread:

Tarot: VII Chariot + Knight of sword + Ace of wand + 3 coins + Ace of coin
Lenor: 2- clover + 32- moon + 3- ship + 20- garden+ 14-fox

What is your take on this assemble?

Make sure you put the Tarot above the Lenormand in the way it is presented..

indianstorm

stormy

Sylvie Steinbach said:
Again I advise that you take your own decks and position the cards as followed to work on the spread...it helps!

Mark is our client: he wants to see what is coming up for the next 3 months. We are doing the reading mid-April!

Here is the spread:

Make sure you put the Tarot above the Lenormand in the way it is presented..

I do love looking at the tarot and lenormand- quite breathtaking isn't it Sylvie-
my view is with the Thoth and the mystical- very pictorial.

so- next 3 months For Mark- reading in April-

1. Chariot + clover = movement in a positive direction, and Mark appears enthusiastic and optimistic. triumphant and catching a lucky break soon maybe at work.

2. Knight of Swords + Moon = Air and Water- neutral pair- Fiery person with drive, with moon indicates romantic attraction in June/July- chemistry and romantic potential

3. Ace of wands + Ship= sexual energy with ship indicating a romantic travel/getaway around 3d/3w/3m's -

4. 3 disks + 20 Garden-work function or get together- possibly a celebration for a breakthrough at work-

5. ace of disks + 14 Fox- practical issues regarding his 9-5 job- improvement on his job prospects- prehaps increase of pay or a promo--

things are looking good for Mark in the next 3 months---

Stormy

LisaW

reading for Mark

Here is the spread:

1) Chariot and Clover :
The Chariot's theme suggests overcoming and mastering difficulties. Combined with the Clover card, it looks like Mark is going to have an unexpected answer to some difficulty, or a twist of fate that helps him overcome something he's been dealing with.

2)Knight of Swords and the Moon:
The Knight of Swords heralds an unexpected occurrence...someone or something is being catapulted into your life! and with the Moon combined with this Knight, I would tell Mark that it looks like it's of an emotional nature...
another way to look at this, is that there is a sudden situation that brings some sort of recognition to Mark - he gets noted.

3)Ace of Wands and the Ship:
The Ace of Wands represents the beginning of an idea, enterprise, ambition or goal. Combined with the Ship, and in about 6 weeks time, there might be a new idea that he's enthusiastic about, possibly that he decides that he'd like to move away from where he presently lives; or an opportunity is being presented to him from a fair distance away.

4) 3 of Pentacles and the Garden:
The 3 of Pentacles shows growth concerning jobs, talents, money matters. It indicates achieving competence in one's field, or recognition, or a promotion.
Combined with the Garden, it says to me that his skills are going to be used in a bigger network of people; or that he is going to be recognised by a group of people for his work...

5)Ace of Pentacles and the Fox:
And, by 3 month's time, Mark will be offered a new job with more money!
A situation will manifest with real results :)

That's about as close as I can come to it :)
This is definitely an interesting exercise........and well worth, praciticing more.
Hope you'll do a few more in the future, Sylvie ~

Thanks,
LisaW

Sylvie Steinbach

Analysis

Chariot and clover:

The chariot arcana is about taking a journey to victory while overcoming challenges. The clover is about opportunities and positive vibrations.

Knight of sword and moon:

The knight can represent communication and air travel by the way. But also an individual. Depending on the age of your client that may be him or not...
The moon is about feelings, recognition and romance.

Ace of wand and ship:

The ace of wand can be sexuality, new creative project or a trip.
The ship is a movement, a transition or sometimes a man who is dark physically.

3 of coins and garden:

3 of coins is the mastery card, the completion of a work, a skilled worker.
The garden is your network, the public, nature or the crowd.

Ace of coins and fox:

The ace of coins is a new opportunity to make money. It promises rewards and material outcomes.
The fox is work, a job or a regular gig but also a warning to be on your guard for deceit and cunning individuals.

Since Mark just wanted to know the trends for the next 3 months as we are in April we know there is no key card that we charge or anything like this.
So we can read the spread as we were reading a book...

We can assure that Mark will take a trip -it s being confirmed by multiple cards- that will be financially beneficial as it may be motivated by some kind of work/business. Mark will have to take a plane so we know that it is not short distance! The timing is soon -moon and ace of wand- and we can safely said it should be within a month...
A romantic escapade is possible as there are many sexual cards leading to that. It is possible Mark meets this individual while on that trip or during the time of that trip.
Now there is a timeline that indicates June/July -cancer sign- that could be significant in the completion of the nature of its business trip. Probably by then he will be reaping the rewards of his efforts. But it could also be that the person he meets is Cancer -if himself is not.
His success seems to be directly linked with his expertise in his career maybe in services as customers/people are indicated in his spread.
Since I do not know the sexuality of Mark, based on this spread I would be wondering if he is gay as that knight may point to a younger lover -male- with dark hair -maybe foreign descent-.

These are questions that I would be addressing tactfully with Mark by double checking my first impressions in breaking down the reading while asking Mark if he has any questions...

Sylvie Steinbach

Question!

Let me know if you are interested in this thread since the participation is sparse. If you have been working in Tarot before and got over the side of Lenormand this is a good exercise to incorporate the two. But it is only good thread if people participate.

Contrary to my workshop where I was acting as the teacher and therefore correcting methodology and techniques, in this thread my purpose is different. My goal is to show how I usually use the process professionally and let you play while checking my inputs...I will not correct your inputs. So if you are shy rest assure you won't have to worry about my feedback :)

So tell me if you want this thread to grow...

indianstorm

awesome stuff!!

thats an amazing breakdown- i did wonder on Marks sexuality as you tactfully pointed out with the knight- the romantic opportunity is obvious :)

i'd love more of these exercises Sylvie- it is making me think outside the box more.. tying in the tarot and lenormand is a breakthrough-

Still loving the solo Lenormand spreads-- gets me to the core of the matter.

i'd love it too if the those who just joined added their input to gain a variety of interps..

Stormy

Sylvie Steinbach

Hi Stormy

I agree with you that this is as crispy stuff as what is in the book in my opinion. A lot of people who are familiar with the Lenormand do not know HOW to combine the Tarot with the deck to further their insights. Here is the opportunity! And I am a bit surprised by the low participation since Tarot is everyone's cup of tea ;)

Maybe some advertising around is necessary?! will see...

Blessings

Phine

Yes, please...

Dear Sylvie :)

I tried to read the cards on my own as a lurker since I remembered only signed up members who already studied your book were *allowed* to participate in these threads ;) .

But I am really interested in this subject (especially as my favorite tarot deck is the Thoth too and The Blue Owl as lenormand deck as well *lol*).

I was asking myself how you would handle a specific question - and still hesitated to post it.
Now I´m feeling quite invited - and yes, please: I´d like to learn more about merging these two kind of cards!

Best wishes
Phine

LisaW

:)

I know I'm one of the few posters on this thread....but I'm sure that the examples are interesting to alot of people who aren't participating.
I'd enjoy playing around some more with this concept...it definitely helps expand our understanding!
It's funny, but alot of tarot enthusiasts are strictly that... tarot enthusiasts, and I must admit, that until this past year, I was like that....but now that I've had my eyes and understanding awakened to the power of the Lenormand, it's become my #1 tool!! Thank you Sylvie, for showing me a completely different world! I have had so many hits with the Lenormand that it's still blowing me away....do you ever get used to that????!!! LOL

Still, loving tarot for all these years, it's nice to have a way to combine them :) I hope you will continue sharing your expertise in any way you want!

Best Wishes,
LisaW

Sylvie Steinbach

Phine and Lisa

It helps if you got my Lenormand book for the meanings since they do not all complied to the traditional ones BUT since this is not about teaching, more about sharing You can post...

The idea is to see how both interact as if they were having a relationship. A Lenormand card can give insights onto what a major arcana is trying to say...while a Tarot card can give an indication on what is the right meaning to choose on a lenormand card.

It is particularly interesting in timing for example. Tarot is known to give Astrological indicators and as the Lenormand students learned the small 36 cards can be quite specific in timeline too!

Descriptions can be reinforced which is useful as it is difficult sometimes with the Lenormand to know if it is referring to an individual or another meaning.

The precision and accuracy of the Lenormand is amazing if you know how to use it. BUT tarot can be a challenge sometimes when you are looking for details. Combining the two can be a real solution!

:)