Mermaid Tarot by Dame Darcy

lark

http://benebellwen.com/2014/12/13/dame-darcys-mermaid-tarot-deck-review/

It's not a video, but you can SEE CLEARLY every single card besides it being an excellent review. This was my last stop before deciding that "I will find the money to buy this deck very soon, period." I had to have it. So, I hope this helps in your decision.

Btw, there are only two cards that fit that description, the 4 of Swords, in which you cannot tell if the man is a sleeping "merman" (since there are plenty of mermen in the deck), but in keeping with what I know that card to mean, I'm going to go with that because it makes sense to me. The other one being the Death card.

I do like the Queen of Swords, a lot, although I am challenged to work with the tears. I don't mind. The Queen and I will figure it out. ;-) I would be interested to know your thoughts about the Q of Swords. Why you don't like her.

TL2

Thank you I'll watch it...:)

I feel it makes the Queen of Swords very one sided.
I know why she did it to portray the sad widow type aspect of the card meaning ,but she is so much more than just that.
She is the task master the one who teaches you right from wrong, please and thank you.
She has very clear decision making abilities.
She can see through hidden agendas.
She is candid, realistic, calls us out on our stuff.
Teaches us to keep promises, do a job well, tell the truth.
Get on her bad side and because she has very high standards she can criticizes you without compassion.

So that is why I'm not crazy about it...but I am drawn back over and over to this deck so it has something going on.

edit:...just looked through the blog and all the cards maybe 2 or 3 I'm not to excited about but it is minor..
thank you that helped a lot

TheLovers2

Thank you I'll watch it...:)

I feel it makes the Queen of Swords very one sided

I really do get what you're saying. My first impression was that I very much liked the card, but the tears, I saw right away as depicting sadness, etc. And the tears make a point. You cannot ignore them. I see the Swords Queen as possessing many of the traits that you see in her. Yes, absolutely. I don't read her in a one-sided way. Being Libra (an air sign) this is supposed to be my card.

The whole sad, "suffering but stronger and wiser for it" thing," regarding this card has never been what stands out about this Queen to me. As I said, the card can be a challenge. But, it is beautiful to me and I use the tears when it feels right and other times I pick up on other things. Like I said, we are a work in progress.

Thanks for sharing with me, how you see her.

TL2

MissChiff

I just finely made it down to my mailbox and fished out my deck... I love it! I'm embarrassed to admit that it brought tears to my eyes. My Hubby has had a very good long laugh at my expense but I don't care. I love it....

lark

I just finely made it down to my mailbox and fished out my deck... I love it! I'm embarrassed to admit that it brought tears to my eyes. My Hubby has had a very good long laugh at my expense but I don't care. I love it....
I just got mine today too...but haven't had time to sit quietly and open it yet.
Maybe I'd better sit close to a box of Kleenex..:)

Nemia

I spent last night making a nice little crochet bag for this beautiful deck. I bought yarn in sea colors and used a wave pattern. Now I'll add some shells. I'm really happy with this deck. It's unique.

TheLovers2

I just got mine today too...but haven't had time to sit quietly and open it yet.
Maybe I'd better sit close to a box of Kleenex..:)
Haha. LOL. Funny. I'm so glad you decided to get it because I know you had misgivings. Please do let us know what you think now that you can hold them in your hands. I hope it's the beginning of a good relationship. ;-)

TL2

pickled pixie

Happy Birthday Sulis! Does it come from the US? I've been dying to order it but fear customs charges.

It looks such a lovely deck
Le Fanu, I really want to purchase this deck but I'm In the UK and also worry about the customs charges! I've never had to pay these before. Do you have any idea how much (roughly) I'm looking at? I've tried googling but it all looks rather confusing? :( I know you purchase many decks so may have more of an idea ;)

Barleywine

I decided not to buy it, despite being tempted by some of the maritime imagery. When I went to her website some time ago to look at it, my gender-sensitve demons poked their gnarly little heads up and murmured "chick deck." I'm being facetious of course (don't hit me!), but as a male reader I didn't really connect with the unrelenting mermaid motif.

Le Fanu

Le Fanu, I really want to purchase this deck but I'm In the UK and also worry about the customs charges! I've never had to pay these before. Do you have any idea how much (roughly) I'm looking at? I've tried googling but it all looks rather confusing? :( I know you purchase many decks so may have more of an idea ;)
this is the only recently published deck I love and which I haven't bought yet. I'm still tempted and would love a copy. I have no idea about customs charges in the UK as I have had decks come more to continental Europe. The most I ever paid was 70 euros. That's brutal.

I would like this deck but something holds me back. I really don't want to pay for a deck twice over. Best thing to do is to keep my beady eye on the Trading forum but so far it hasn't shown up.

pickled pixie

this is the only recently published deck I love and which I haven't bought yet. I'm still tempted and would love a copy. I have no idea about customs charges in the UK as I have had decks come more to continental Europe. The most I ever paid was 70 euros. That's brutal.

I would like this deck but something holds me back. I really don't want to pay for a deck twice over. Best thing to do is to keep my beady eye on the Trading forum but so far it hasn't shown up.
Ouch!!! 70 euros!! That's put me right off... *gulp* sorry, I though you were in the UK thanks for answering anyway though :)