Minchiate usage

Cerulean

Due to the revived thread...I've got a new like!

I started this thread....

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=50813

and am researching my Il Solleone Minchiate while I happily hope one of the Italian vendors answers my inquiry for a special order...the Il Solleone tarot that I have has a different way of reading the majors and putting aside the astrological cards...I also like how the two Emperors remind one of some other Bolognese patterns that touch on the 62-card Mitelli and later 40-card patterns..

Thanks to MercyMe for reviving this thread!

Cerulean

full deck

Per the Solleone minchiate (1980), it is still available from R. Somerville (playingcards.com) and is one of my favorites for general use. This deck's illustration style is more conducive for meditation and visualizing for me.

I may resume posting on this thread after the middle of January, when work gives me a respite. It is still an interesting deck and interesting to use as well.

firecatpickles

Astrology and Minchiate

Who else sees the link? I believe the 12 zodiac are there for a reason, and I started to work out my "own" system. Turns out--it has already been done for me. I ordered the "Oracle of the Radiant Sun" (just the book, I think) from Amazon.com that will have all the astrological connection I am looking for. I think this will be helpful when trying to attach meaning to the "plain" pips.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=132929
[Edited to Link the pattern I found 2010]

Cerulean

Just as a reference from a Mary Greer text...

While this was in a listing of Tarot and aromatherapy book, I found it on the web and other sources with the source being "Golden Dawn" style decks with decanates...as other discussions in the past, people have suggested it's not the only way to go when correlating Astrology and Tarot...

Majors first, Minors than courts
Majors
Uranus-Fool
Magician-Mercury
High-Priestess-Moon
Empress-Venus
Emporer-Aries
Hierophant-Taurus
Lovers-Gemini
Chariot-Cancer
Strength/Lust-Leo
Hermit-Virgo
Justice/Adjustment-Libra
Death-Scorpio
Temperance/Art-Sagitarius
Devil-Capricorn
Star-Aquarius
Moon-Pieces
Sun-Sun
Judgement-Pluto
World-Saturn

Minors will be similar to the trio assigned in astrology that uses decanates...courts might be from Thoth?

Minors

2S-Moon-Libra
3S-Saturn-Libra
4S-Jupiter-Libra
5S-Venus-Aquarius
6S-Mercury-Aquarius
7S-Moon-Aquarius
8S-Jupiter-Gemini
9S-Mars-Gemini
10S-Sun-Gemini

2W-Mars-Aries
3W-Sun- Aries
4W-Venus-Aries
5W-Saturn-Leo
6W-Jupiter-Leo
7W-Mars-Leo
8W-Mercury-Sagitarius
9W-Sun-Sagitarius
10W-Saturn-Sagitarius

2C-Venus-Cancer
3C-Mercury-Cancer
4C-Moon-Cancer
5C-Mars-Scorpio
6C-Sun-Scorpio
7C-Venus-Scorpio
8C-Saturn-Pisces
9C-Jupiter-Pisces
10C-Mars-Pisces

2PJupiter-Capricorn
3P-Mars-Capricorn
4P-Sun-Capricorn
5P-Mercury-Taurus
6P-Moon-Taurus
7P-Saturn-Taurus
8P-Sun-Virgo
9P-Venus-Virgo
10P-Mercury-Virgo

Suggested courts/astrology

Aries-Queen of Wands
Taurus-King of Pentacles
Gemini-Knight of Swords
Cancer-Queen of Cups
Leo-King of Wands
Virgo-Knight of Pentacles
Libra-Queen of Swords
Scorpio-King of Cups
Saggitarius-Knight of Wands
Capricorn-Queen of Pentacles
Aquarius-King of Swords
Pisces-Knight of Cups.

I'm not certain if there's one thread about Tarot cards with different astrology assignments, because I've become aware of more than a few. While the Radiant Sun is a great oracle deck, it never worked for me as a tarot does...and the only way the Minchiate ever worked for me in a tarotlike way is to separate the huge amount of majors and the astrological elements (including the elements of water, air, etc.) from the courts and pips...but I've not used the astrological elements or 12 astrological cards for timing or anything. Maybe some other creative readers have been able to come up with something better...

I might be rambling, but thought the GD listing of minors/majors and astrological assignments might be helpful...

Cerulean

firecatpickles

Cerulean said:
thought the GD listing of minors/majors and astrological assignments might be helpful...Cerulean

I have "studied" these aspects before but I'm sure a lot of people will find it useful to have it here, thank you!
Cerulean said:
People have suggested [Golden Dawn is] not the only way to go when correlating Astrology and Tarot...
The only thing I do not agree with the Uranus, Neptune and Pluto for the obvious reason that they did not exist with the original system (call me an originalist...) Also, the Pages and Haindmaidens are conspicuously absent. This is my personal list to help me remember their archetypal personailities:
Page of Wands = Faunus (the envoy)
Handmaiden of Cups = Cupid (the student)
Handmaiden of Coins = Daphne (the do-gooder)
Page of Swords = Aeolus (the sleuth)

Cerulean said:
I'm not certain if there's one thread about Tarot cards with different astrology assignments
Maybe there ought to be, and this thread could be that good start.
Cerulean said:
I've not used the astrological elements or 12 astrological cards for timing or anything. Maybe some other creative readers have been able to come up with something better...
I believe the zodiac and tarot are interrelated organically and elementally (i.e., they follow the same organizational pattern). Whenever I find a zodiac in a personal reading it seems to be it acts as an "extra" court cards or as a trump. This is one of the reasons I want to consult the Radiant Sun book, not so much for the cards themselves, but because it will facilitate my finding what these patterns are all about. I am learning more about astrology as I go along. Maybe a strong background in astrology can help me with the Minchiate.

Anyway, I personally really don't see the zodaical cards in Minchiate as having any particular time context. Really our "birth-rising" signs really are a mythical (forgive the metaphor) construct. What is more important are the ways all the other signs and planets align with my houses that make me an individual. For instance, my rising sign is Cancer, but my first house is primarily Leo; and, I am a homebody because of the Scorpio influence in my 4th house (the only sign or planet there). I am a Leo through and through.

La Force

Minchiate Tarot Trump Order ?

Hello I have had this deck since it came out this sept. My questions does anyone really know what the order is of these Trumps, or is it let up to the reader to decide?

I have the book "Mystical Origins of the Tarot, by Paul Huson" in his book he states that there were 2 popes, one in Rome and one in Avignon

these two Popes are represented by the Emperor of the West and Emperor of the East

Then he conflict him self by stating that the Female Pope is the Grand duke, Empress is the Western Emperor and the Emperor is the Eastern emperor.

then on Wiki

The Grand duke is the Empress
The Western Emperor is the Emperor
The Eastern Emperor is the Pope
Faith is the Female Pope/High Priestess

The to make things more confusing

Stuart R. Kaplan has Charity as the Female Pope in his cary-yale visconti tarocchi deck I found this info here on the forum.

I would appreciate some help to understand the decks order.