Miss Piggy's personality & characteristics

dadsnook2000

In order to start with a blank chart and to then build an astrological chart for Muppet's star Miss Piggy, we need all know her and how she expressed herself. If you go to http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Piggy you can read all about her and her history in showbiz.

The following is a listing of some of her personality characteristics which we can use to develop her chart. All participants in the upcoming exercise can add their own impressions of Miss Piggy's personality and attitude toward life. These are my contributions:

** Prima-donna
** exudes charm unless you disagree with her
** exudes sudden devastation with Karate chops unless you agree with her
** easily insulted
** sensitive about her weight, see herself as svelt and lovely
** ignore negative attributes in herself
** believes she has a great voice
** knows that she is beautiful in spite of being a pig
** knows everything, sometimes has a hard time with "yes" as an answer
** feels she is "entitled"
** enjoys being seen as a model, a star, a dancer, a femme fatal.
** live for an opportunity to make a dramatic entrance
** loves Kermit the Frog
** is deceitful when trying to get her way
** insists on being treated as a lady, no matter what situation she is in
** self absorption generally
** underlying aggression
** an ego beyond belief
** fantasizes much of the time
** wears shoes that are far too small for her
** favorite possession, other than Kermit, is her mirror

When we do get started, these and any other attributes and memories that the list has about Miss Piggy can guide our placement of the planets in houses and signs and determine the aspects that we might choose. But first, we have to define Miss Piggy and get to know her. Dave

le.jour.obscurcit

There's definately some Leo in her somewhere.

When I have some more time, I'll go more in-depth.

214red

i would guess the sun being in the first house, and perhaps mars in the 5th

dadsnook2000

Very rigid rules apply

In this thread we are ONLY looking for attributes of Miss Piggy's personality and attitude and character. I would prefer that no mention of "planets" and signs and houses be made -- save that for later.

When we start our exercise, I will start a thread with a specific requirement such as, for example, Moon in a Sign. I would hope that ONLY the Moon and its sign be considered if that was the requirement. When one posts their suggestion or opinion on Moon in a sign, as an example, they should link their astrological reasoning to a personality characteristic of Miss Piggy.

THE REASON FOR THIS is simple. We have many on this list who are in the very early stages of exploring of astrology. Too much complexity can cause intimidation and confusion. We need clarity and simple steps here. Dave

Minderwiz

Dave is right - it's best to have a reasonably clear idea of Miss Piggy's character (and for classical approaches - temperament) and then begin to ask what Astrological features we might find.

Remember the point that Dave made earlier, there's no right answers in this case, what you should be looking for is how to approach the issue of imagining possible Astrological signatures, when the time comes. For now just look at how you perceive Miss Piggy in terms of character and temperament

GoddessArtemis

I've never had any doubt what sign Miss Piggy's sun is in. But since we can't mention it yet, I'll wait until "Sun in..." thread has been created. :p

GA

huredriel

I would also say she has:

** an amazing amount of determination
** a steel will
** a very sensitive heart
** yearns for love and acceptance
** independent
** strong
** capable
** immature
** Loyal
** distrust of others
** probably comfort eats

PS: I knew someone would say she's got Leo somewhere, but I'll save my thoughts for the other threads :D

dadsnook2000

The list of our perceptions of Miss Piggy

Thanks to huredriel we now have an expanded listing of Miss Piggy's most obvious characteristics. And, considering that she is an icon, what other kind of personality characteristics can she have other than the obvious ones? She lives on --- I saw her in a TV advertisement this morning for Habitat for Humanity. If you devote a day's labor to helping them build a house they will provide you with a day-pass to Disney World. For those who would like to review Miss Piggy in action I would suggest that you google Miss Piggy to find reviews, photos, biography, discussions, etc. If yo are really into the Muppets, I can reccommend a website called "Crackel" which offers on-line movies that you can view for free. If memory serves me, there is one or two Muppet-movies listed that you can watch in whole or in part.

Meanwhile, I would like to see others add their impressions of Miss Piggy to our listing. Like all things in Astrology, learning it becomes a participatory process. You have to run a chart, you have to think about each of its many components, you have to consider how they work together or how they clash.

We will be starting with a blank chart, using an Equal House system in which every house is 30 degrees. The signs that end up on those house-cusps might be at any degree so that we can slide a planet-in-a-sign from one house to an adjacent house. But, first we need to have a starting point, so do list your impressions ---one, two, or many--- on Miss Piggy.

** an amazing amount of determination
** a steel will
** a very sensitive heart
** yearns for love and acceptance
** independent
** strong
** capable
** immature
** Loyal
** distrust of others
** probably comfort eats
** Prima-donna
** exudes charm unless you disagree with her
** exudes sudden devastation with Karate chops unless you agree with her
** easily insulted
** sensitive about her weight, see herself as svelt and lovely
** ignore negative attributes in herself
** believes she has a great voice
** knows that she is beautiful in spite of being a pig
** knows everything, sometimes has a hard time with "yes" as an answer
** feels she is "entitled"
** enjoys being seen as a model, a star, a dancer, a femme fatal.
** live for an opportunity to make a dramatic entrance
** loves Kermit the Frog
** is deceitful when trying to get her way
** insists on being treated as a lady, no matter what situation she is in
** self absorption generally
** underlying aggression
** an ego beyond belief
** fantasizes much of the time
** wears shoes that are far too small for her
** favorite possession, other than Kermit, is her mirror
**hyper-sensitive
**always über-feminine in mannerism/dress
**quite wrapped up in herself
**needy
**clings to those they love (Kermit)
**victim mentality ("poor me!")

We will use this listing, plus any of your additions, for each posting when those postings start. Add to this list, please. Dave

Minderwiz

There's a lot there to fit into a chart, so we need to take care that we don't lose sight of the wood for the trees. I'm not going to add to the list but perhaps mention how I would go about trying to construct a chart. Now as this is a traditional approach I don't want to end up clashing with Dave, so apart from this post I'll try and lurk in the background. Otherwise I might just end up confusing things.

Trying to keep things reasonable simple I'd assess Miss Piggy's temperament as:

A Large dose of Choleric - Loves to lead, dynamic, aggressive goal oriented wants to be the centre of attention

A smaller dose of Sanguine - can be sociable when necessary, likes to party, likes new things, likes to be popular can be trendy.

A smaller dose of Phlegmatic - curvacious body, fat to go with the lean meat :)

I'd then consider what Astrological features might produce each of these temperament types and what balance would produce the Piggy temperament. That keeps the focus on Ascendant, Sun and Moon and their rulers. Assuming I got those sorted I'd then move on and have a more detailed look at Piggy's 'manners' using other factors from Dave's list.

Now that's not a modern approach - so I'll keep it to the end of each thread rather than muddying the waters - unless the waters are already swirling with mud and need some clarity LOL.

MCsea

le.jour.obscurcit when I started thinking about this I ALSO thought like you There's definately some LEO in her somewhere!!!!!