Modified Celtic Cross

Barleywine

I need an original name for this spread - calling it a 'modified Celtic Cross' just sounds like I've taken a spread and kind of mutilated it. I'm crap with names - has anyone got any interesting suggestions for one that I could use?

Interesting challenge, I'll think about it. Like Nemia, the "cross" as I use it is more like a "wheel." The spread originates in the "hub" and then spirals out from there in a clockwise fashion. I really don't consider diametrical opposites at all, except for the notion that "beneath," "above," "behind" and "before" in the old terminology describe convenient "waypoints" in the development of the matter. But these days I hardly even use those positional landmarks at all (except for the idea that "what is beneath" is not subject to change) since "Recent Past," "Near Future" and the "in-between" phase (I call it "emerging trends" or "the realm of possibilities and opportunities" - aka "the Present.") are really a rather elastic continuum with some overlap. I also like the idea that the "wheel" section is about forward movement in the matter and the "staff" is about the querent's interaction with or reaction to that. The arrangement reminds me of the very old kid's game with the stick and the wheel - the stick keeps the wheel rolling along, which for me is symbolic of the querent guiding and controlling the emerging outcome, not just suffering it. Right now I'm just calling my spread the "Retooled Celtic Cross," which at least gives the impression of "improvement." But I'm mulling over a new name that brings in parallels to the "Wheel of Fortune" and its relation to the number Ten.

Barleywine

I need an original name for this spread - calling it a 'modified Celtic Cross' just sounds like I've taken a spread and kind of mutilated it. I'm crap with names - has anyone got any interesting suggestions for one that I could use?

Here are some ideas from wiki that might nudge you along.

"Equal-Armed Cross, also referred to as the square cross, the balanced cross, and the peaceful cross, is a name for the Greek Cross when this is found in ancient cultures, predating Christianity. It is often interpreted as representing either the four seasons, four winds, four elements, or some other aspect of physical nature.[1]

An equal-armed cross (often within a circle) represents the planet Earth in traditional astrological/astronomical symbols. The cross could also be used to represent the natural union between male and female."

All I can think of this morning are silly names: the "Celtic Six-Pack." The random notion of a "reticle" also comes to mind:

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...a-001&va=reticle&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Clockwork Ghost

I like the name the Square Cross, the Peaceful Cross is good too. The name 'The King's Cross' sprang to mind - King's Cross is the red light district in Sydney Australia :)

Thanks Barleywine :D