More Specific Information

C.M.M.

I'm never able to really get more specific information from Tarot -- things like timing tend to be really elusive for me (I can't ask "when" something will happen" and timing never really comes up . I can ask what things will be like at such-and-such time, but I still have to be really general), and while I can get yes-no questions working sometimes, I can never do it with something I already have a strong opinion about, and sometimes not even if I don't really have an opinion.

Does anyone have any tips on how to loosen up and get information even if it's something I'm already pretty set on? I am a little worried that it might impact my ability to do other reading, so I'd really appreciate the help.

nisaba

Trust your first instincts.

With clients, I often use "for instance" examples of how that card might operate in a given situation, and the examples I first think of tend to be exactly what's happening in their lives.

willowfox

***Relax and stop over analyzing.

Briar Rose

there is a thread on AT where nisaba explained how to read the time in the cards.
Also, there are astrological aspects in a reading, color, locations, people you kno/might be meeting/messages , elements and all kinds of things in the cards.

If you are just laying the cards out and if you are depending on your ability to know what 3 of cups, or 10 of swords might represent that, then you are only scratching the surface.

How about keeping a tarot journal. A section where you can write information like nisaba's timing with the cards, meanings of astro stuff, courts, aces, etc..

and then try writing out a spread. You can even start with a 3 card spread, and then make one sentence with a comma in it.

The cards are a lot deeper, and you will begin to see the depth if you write out the cards and look for the clues in symbols, color, time and messengers, and then write those down until you are able to do it without writing it down.

if you do this, your intuition will deepen.

C.M.M.

@ Nisaba -- I guess that's really all I can do, huh? Although since someone linked me to your thread, I will be checking that out too.

@ willowfox -- But it's sooooo haaaard! >: I will do my best. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon u-u

@ Briar Rose -- I do want to look into elemental dignities further. I've written down some of the basics, and I probably should start keeping a tarot journal! Modal dignities also look like they could be useful, especially since I've done a lot of stuff with astrology.

I'm not so sure about looking at colors and what not for meanings, but that's because I've never held with color symbology (that is a word, isn't it?). I have found that looking at the images on the card can be rewarding, albeit a little tiring.

Thank you very much for your help, everyone.