Most and least selling deck lists?

Aeric

I was wondering if there is data available of decks that historically sold well and didn't, especially in the last ten or so years. Do companies release this information?

rwcarter

I don't believe this information is released by companies. Rarely do we ever know what the print run is on a mass-market deck, so how well the deck did or didn't sell often can't be known.

gregory

Tarotgarden used to monitor this...

gregory

I thought Tarot Garden monitored its own sales and not industry sales?
Good point. But it's perhaps a better indicator than no indicator at all :D

I do recall Ric posting once about something from them that really DIDN'T sell...

Zephyros

Is there still such a thing as "the industry" though? From looking at the decks sections here it seems the most talked about decks are independently published. Now, obviously judging anything by AT is problematic, because people here tend to have more sophisticated tastes, being somewhat connoisseurs, but still. USG doesn't look like it holds the monopoly it once did.

rwcarter

I do recall Ric posting once about something from them that really DIDN'T sell...
Yes. Unfortunately it was the Dante and Liber T, both by Andrea Serio, which is why they never moved forward with his Marseilles.... (tears, since we don't have a crying smiley)

gregory

ER - Lo Scarabeo, Muller, France Cartes....

Celtictarot

Llewellyn as well.

AJ

Is tarot garden even in business actively any more?

I know the website is still there, but is any Body?