Movie Monster Tarot Minors

dolphingirl

I am working on the minors for the Movie Monster tarot and was wondering what monsters or monster movies/tv shows do you love? Which ones would you like to see show up in the deck?

Thanks
Samantha

HudsonGray

The Thing
Nightmare on Elm Street
The Prophecy (any of the three)
and Little Shop of Horrors (Audrey has to fit in somewhere!)

Those are my favorites, even though The Prophecy may not be considered 'horror' in some categories.

Annabelle

I love the Hellraiser movies, as well as the Scream trilogy. I'm also a Nightmare on Elmstreet fan.

ncefafn

Samantha, I confess, I don't know which monsters you've already included with your majors. Therefore, I'll resort to B movies for my suggestions:

Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Wasp Woman (although, this is probably more a C or even D movie!)

Vincent Price, in one of his Poe incarnations, has to be the King of Cups; preferably from Fall of the House of Usher.

Finally, I know these guys don't fall into the traditional role of movie monsters, but I think the gang from Mystery Science Theater 3000 should be the Swords court. I leave it to you to choose the Queen. :)

Kim

seneris

The candyman would be nice...

dolphingirl

Thanks for the great ideas :) You can see the major Arcana at my website http://www.dolphin-daze.com/

MST3K did show up on the Wheel of Fortune (Have to love those guys!)
Freddy from Nightmare on Elm Street turned up as the devil :)

I have really loved how well different aspects of the tarot are reflected in the monster movies!

If anyone would like to hear part of the LWB for any of the cards on my website feel free to let me know. Thanks so much for all the super ideas and movies, another super thing about this deck is it gives me a perfect excuse to sit and become a couch potato! :)

Kaylee Marie

Are you doing horror movies in general, or just monsters? I'm thinking The Omen, Children of the Corn, The Ring, and other movies with scary characters that aren't necessarily monsters.

Oh, and how about Pet Cemetary, Dracula, The Mummy, American Werewolf in London... they have some good creatures (we just won't comment on the acting ;) ).

And I wholeheartedly second ncefafn's suggestion for Attack of the Killer Tomatoes -- hee hee!!

~Kaylee

FantasyWorld

Kaylee Marie said:
American Werewolf in London... they have some good creatures (we just won't comment on the acting ;) ).
~Kaylee

I'll second that;)

ncefafn

Kaylee Marie said:
Oh, and how about Pet Cemetary,

Oh my gosh. The sister, the one with spinal meningitis or whatever it was, in that movie freaked me out so bad. There has to be a place for her in the deck.

Kim

DollieAnna

I like The Munsters. Does anyone remember them? Herman, Lily, Grandpa, Marilyn and Spot. But I suppose that Herman is already represented by Frankenstein.