moving pictures

Yurikome

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share a recent experience I'm really excited about. So I got sick of working with the Bohemian Gothic (really spent months with that one), and browsed through my drawer for something new. I went for the Morgan-Greer and decided I could generally do some basic mind-muscles stretching, so to say. And this thread
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=148267&page=1&pp=10
directed me towards investigating Dusty White's book. I found a couple of exercises posted online (I don't remember - Amazon or Google Books) and went right ahead.

The exciting part:
I was doing exercise 2 (I think) - the one where you just lay down two cards and quickly look for similarities, compare and contrast, a couple of seconds, no longer. And after a few of those pairs THE FIGURES IN THE IMAGES STARTED MOVING. My usual reading style is a mix of what's in the picture and what the suit/number adds to that. Here, the figures were moving and interacting from card to card, eliciting completely new meanings (or ones that would have taken a lot of words and intellectual struggle to come to, my usual way). For example:

Queen of Wands, 8 of Wands - I never understood the 8 of Wands, maybe that's why the Queen stood up from her throne and with an exasperated shriek threw her hands up in the air and then, with a giant swing, threw the rod she was holding across to the other card. Of course there's more rods on the 8, but that's because the whole court followed suit. I mean, if the Queen laughs, all the lords and ladies laugh with her, right? So when she's moody, everybody echoes that.

Another pair that moved quite vividly was 10 of Swords, Queen of Cups. She gave him water when he was still dying and stayed with him till the end. She removed the swords and tended to the body with motherly care.

Another pair was the 3 of Coins with the 5 of Coins, although this one was like a sped up film, in which we know the building (and whatever goes on in there) plays a main role.

It's much different from this meditation type of work, where you talk to the characters etc. That one requires some activity on my part, trying to get the information out. This here just goes on by itself!

Does anyone have similar experience? Does it evolve? Can you stop it, I mean - is it like a choice: "I have looked at all the elemental dignities (for example), now go! do your thing! I want a movie now"? Do you incorporate it into other reading styles? How? I'll gladly read your stories :)

(so excited!)

Evermore

Wow!

I remember reading another thread about this very thing but it was month ago. I know this sounds really bizarre, but just YESTERDAY I was thinking about it. Very eerie that you posted this not even 24 hours later. Geez, that's happen nearly every day for the past 4 or 5 days.

Anyway, I don't think I have even seen the images in the Cards move, personally. I think the one time that MIGHT count is when I thought someone winked at me! (Maybe my Gilded enjoys flirting?) But, then again, I don't think I have sat down to try. I do remember being little, laying on the couch in the family room, and looking at the pictures on the wall. We only had one lamp in the family room at that time and the light barely reached over the these other pictures when it was down low (which is what we always kept it on unless we really needed it to be bright). I remember staring at the photographs to the point where I could see the people--my family members and even me--move. Now, this could be trick of the light/dark because of shadows or whatever else. But I enjoyed it time and time again as a little girl. =]

Now, I never tried this with Tarot. Although, I must admit, it would be fun to see some kings and queen lashing out. :p I would love to try sitting down and seeing if this happens. But I just have a feeling I wouldn't get anything from it. :( I could try it with the lights dim, but I would be afraid that instead of seeing them move it will just be play of the light--or lack thereof. But, then again, maybe it's just our mind that sees them move? So perhaps the dark helps our mind see things move? So our subconscious will still receive the same message?

It sure is interesting to think of!

Did you do it in the light or was it pretty dark where you were Reading?

Natasha

Yurikome

In full light :) Right after breakfast. I just took the deck out again, for some experiments. They don't want to move as singles. Only paired (haven't tried more cards than 2 for now). And not all pairs as well, as if sometimes I'm looking through "windows" into one and the same "room", other times it's different places, sometimes it's one window and one flat picture...

It's great that after years of working with the tarot there's still new ways of looking at it :)

NikkiB

oh this sounds exciting i'm going to try this!