My First 5

Billy-boy

Here's a look at the first five peices I've created for a 22 part series I'm working on based on the Tarot. Working title is Fool's Journey, but once it's complete I'll perhaps decide on something else.

http://hangbilly.blogspot.com

Any comments are welcome, please be constructive.

Thanks

divinest

Billy, these cards are spectacular. The meanings really speak to me, and work perfectly with your images. I'd be interested in buying these cards if you ever produce them. :D

HoneyBea

I think these cards are really good, the only one that really didn't resonate for me was the high priestess, not sure why.....:)

Sidhe-Ra

I agree that these are lovely, intuitive images. The high priestess does seem somewhat clumsy compared to the fluidity of the others though... I look forward to watching your work develop!

Em x

Strange2

These are excellent, Billy. And my favorite is The High Priestess; just showing part of her face gives an air of mystery and hidden power, and her hood/hat echoes the shape of the crescent moon. Great work, and looking forward to more!

Ruby7

Love your artwork, my favourite so far is The Sun, but they are all great. Looking forward to seeing more :)

All the best,
Ruby7

Kathy24

Beautiful artwork Billy! My favorites are The Sun because it is so bright and cheery and The Empress because you portrayed her in a beautiful nurturing way. Can't wait to see more ... :)

byrgypsy

These are simply awesome!!!!

My personal favorite is the death card.

nanab

These cards are GREAT!!! Can't wait to see more of your work.

brujaja

Thanks for sharing these with us, Billy! Maybe it's just the scans, but I really like the texture of these images...they seem much more pastel-y to me than oils, very soft and dreamy.