My first Scrying Ball!

JustJazzie

I received my first scrying ball as a delightful gift!
34376374346_44cda0a70a_c.jpg

I've been trying to research as much as I can on the subject- and am a little saddened at the idea of having to keep it tucked away and covered when not in use. Does anyone successfully scry with a crystal that has been left on display? I feel like having it out will remind me to use it more often and bring me more joy.

Do you have any tips for a successful scrying journey?

Thank you!

GotH

Hi JustJazzie.. Congrats on your new ball! :)

I'm a ball scryer and if you were to look around my home, you'd see that there is a ball in about every room. I would find it a shame to cover such beautiful things. Having my spheres out in the open hasn't effected my ability to scry with them. In fact, I think they just absorb more of my energy which helps me understand things better. Kind of like how some people sleep with their tarot decks under their pillow. ;)

I say if it's a beautiful piece and you love the way it looks and feels, display it proudly. :royal:

Ps.. You are welcome to share a pic of it if you'd like. There are many of us here that "ooh and ahhh" crystals. Enjoy!

ETA: You just shared a pic! It's gorgeous!!! Don't even think about covering this beauty.

JustJazzie

Hi JustJazzie.. Congrats on your new ball! :)

I'm a ball scryer and if you were to look around my home, you'd see that there is a ball in about every room. I would find it a shame to cover such beautiful things. Having my spheres out in the open hasn't effected my ability to scry with them. In fact, I think they just absorb more of my energy which helps me understand things better. Kind of like how some people sleep with their tarot decks under their pillow. ;)

I say if it's a beautiful piece and you love the way it looks and feels, display it proudly. :royal:

Ps.. You are welcome to share a pic of it if you'd like. There are many of us here that "ooh and ahhh" crystals. Enjoy!

ETA: You just shared a pic! It's gorgeous!!! Don't even think about covering this beauty.

Thank you so much for your response! I had forgotten how to add the IMG url thingie, so I had to come back and add it in.

I am so happy to hear that displaying your spheres hasn't affected their connection to scrying. I've never been one for tradition, but saw a bit of logic in the idea of keeping it tucked away. I think it will settle into its new home on my dresser for now. Between the kids and the mastiff's its not safe anywhere else! lol

Padma

I would leave it uncovered! It is an absolute beauty :love:

I have 5 scrying balls, I don't cover them up. Like GotH, I am a lover of crystals and I also find them effective, as well as cheerfully sharing my energy (and sharing theirs with me!)

I truly do not believe covering them changes anything. It's like all those old caveats attached to the tarot - can't read them on Sunday, others should never touch your cards, all the rest. That's just folk tales to make the tools seem much more magical and mystical than they are!

I wouldn't specifically hide my stapler or my drill or my paintbrushes...a tool is a tool. :)

Enjoy your gorgeous new friend!

GotH

When I first received my ball, I heard about keeping a dark cloth over it when not in use but what would be the logic other than to keep direct sun light from damaging the crystal or starting a house fire? I'm just curious to know what you've heard. As for kids and big dogs, yes. it would be a good idea to keep it away from knock over range. :)

Padma

what would be the logic other than to keep direct sun light from damaging the crystal...

Oh yeah, I had forgotten that! Some types of crystal bleach out if left daily in direct sunlight (such as rose quartz, citrine, amethyst and a few others). But if they aren't in direct sunlight, they are fine.

(the starting a fire thing is if they magnify the sun beam to the extent that they burn a hole into the surface of the table).

JustJazzie

I would leave it uncovered! It is an absolute beauty :love:

I have 5 scrying balls, I don't cover them up. Like GotH, I am a lover of crystals and I also find them effective, as well as cheerfully sharing my energy (and sharing theirs with me!)

I truly do not believe covering them changes anything. It's like all those old caveats attached to the tarot - can't read them on Sunday, others should never touch your cards, all the rest. That's just folk tales to make the tools seem much more magical and mystical than they are!

I wouldn't specifically hide my stapler or my drill or my paintbrushes...a tool is a tool. :)

Enjoy your gorgeous new friend!

When I first received my ball, I heard about keeping a dark cloth over it when not in use but what would be the logic other than to keep direct sun light from damaging the crystal or starting a house fire? I'm just curious to know what you've heard. As for kids and big dogs, yes. it would be a good idea to keep it away from knock over range. :)
I was wondering this too! How much is just tradition to make something seem more sacred/special than it is. (not to say it ISNT special. I highly value and care for all my crystals. The big and the small)

I wouldn't expect a christian to keep a bible wrapped in cloth and only bring it out and uncover it when they need to read it- though such an act might make it seem more sacred to some. I believe i learned that the tibetan book of the dead is kept in such a way though- but however you read it, the message remains the same. And isn't that what scrying is about? Opening yourself up to the message?
Oh yeah, I had forgotten that! Some types of crystal bleach out if left daily in direct sunlight (such as rose quartz, citrine, amethyst and a few others). But if they aren't in direct sunlight, they are fine.

(the starting a fire thing is if they magnify the sun beam to the extent that they burn a hole into the surface of the table).

Besides the fire hazard (luckily, the lighting in my bedroom is terrible! ;-) ) the idea I have come across is that because scrying is a lunar/subconscious energy- "charging" it with solar energy will....muddle...I suppose, the lunar energy you are trying to tap into?

But you know. I am me. And sure, The sun charges me up all day, but when bedtime creeps up its lunar energy all night long! LOL. So I suppose I feel that as long as I am reading at night, I still get that lunar energy. Not to say it isn't always there in the day time too, just a little harder to tune into? Anyways, I am probably rambling now. Hope that made the slightest bit of nonsense. LOL

GotH

Exactly.

I was a newbie and burnt my hand when I was taking pictures of my very first ball in the sunshine. Ouch!

So.. I'm wondering if it's time to look into getting a newwwwwwww ball. I do every time a discussion comes up on this site. :p

JustJazzie

Exactly.

I was a newbie and burnt my hand when I was taking pictures of my very first ball in the sunshine. Ouch!

So.. I'm wondering if it's time to look into getting a newwwwwwww ball. I do every time a discussion comes up on this site. :p

Ouch! I bet that was a quick lesson learned!

Its always a good time to bring new crystal friends into your life. No time like the present!

Padma

Seems then that you have a healthy, modern idea about keeping your crystal :love: good for you! I think it will live quite happily, uncovered, in your bedroom, and still give you awesome readings :livelong:

ETA and actually, I have read that crystals suffer terribly, when stowed away in drawers, and away from the light. They love the sun and the air, it seems! (and...who wouldn't?)