My own mother as a surrogate?

lovelettertarot

I had a dream that I got pregnant but it was through my mom. I was pregnant but I didn't have the belly or baby. It was inside of my mom. And she didn't tell me until it was almost due and I had been drinking and smoking and I was so scared about how much I could've hurt the baby. I was upset that she didn't tell me. But my mama was beautiful carrying my baby. The birth was going to happen on the water, on a dock but at first it was a false alarm and we had to wait longer.

I would be thankful for your interpretations.

How I see it: My ultimate dream is motherhood. I know I need to start taking care of my body now and living my life the way I would want to be when I receive the blessing of a child. In our family, we always joke that my mom will be an obsessive grandma and try to steal our children as her own. Also to note: I am not sexual active nor do I have a boyfriend. My mom's tubes are tied.

Thanks!

danieljuk

hi lovelettertarot,
I like how you specified that there was no way this could literally happen in real life in your post :)

This is a really interesting dream. When someone carries a baby for someone else that is a beautiful gift and a connection, it's a really deep thing (I think this dream is pretty deep as well). When the baby is born they have to give it up to that person and that must be difficult but there is a strong link and connection forever.

Your Mother acted as a surrogate in this dream so you could seemingly avoid the responsibility of motherhood but you didn't actually know this and so it's not a deliberate thing but maybe it's a second chance. You weren't the best Mother in the world but it doesn't matter. I think that shows anxiety and fear about motherhood and pregnancy. You plan to have a family one day but what happens if you get it wrong? So I think there is some fear there and your bond with your Mother and she helps you out there, everything is okay in the end and quite beautiful!

I think there is two themes there, the fear or anxieties about being a good mother and I wonder if you regard your mother as a good one, that is she why she can do it and have the baby for you. Becoming a parent is scary for many people, often people hide their anxieties about it. I would look at your anxieties in this area though and your connection about this with your Mother. Perhaps this dream is saying it is not time for a family yet, you want to enjoy life some more :)

I would also think about this dream that a birth is not always literally a baby in theme. It could be the birth of a new idea or project or something. Are you starting anything new? How could your Mother birth this new idea / project better than you? Perhaps you don't have the confidence that you could do it! I see this dream as largely a working through your anxieties / emotions largely in them though. Hope that helps :)