My Tarot Cards came in today

Dominoo

And I can't get them until tomorrow (wait, Monday). :(

It will be my first deck.

Amsonia

what deck did you get?

Amsonia

I don't have that one, looks like an interesting choice for a first deck, I bet you'll have fun with it tomorrow :) congrats on getting your first deck...it won't be your last...ha!

Cheers!

Shade

Congrats! Many happy readings to you!

Alta

Well, please let us know how you find them, when they do show up. :)

Dominoo

Well, please let us know how you find them, when they do show up. :)

Are there tests to do?

I have no idea, this is my first deck. Do you get them blessed? XD

Emily

Are there tests to do?

No, but when you do get them first go through them and count - make sure they are all there. I do this with every new deck I get. First the count, face down, so you are checking the backs to make sure they don't have any defects, then I visually check the face sides to make sure that I have every card. I split them into the Majors then the Minors - again face up so I can have a look and start to get to know the deck. I do keep them in order for a while to look through the cards usually laying them out in lines. This will be the only time they are in order because once I start using them, they don't get ordered again.

Then just start to enjoy them. :)

rwcarter

Are there tests to do?

You can just start using them. There are many threads about rituals over in Talking Tarot if you feel the need to perform any with your deck before you use it. You don't have to though.

One thing I like to do with a new deck is the "New Deck Interview" Spread to get a sense of what the deck feels are its strengths and weaknesses, how our working relationship will be and what I can learn from it.

Rodney

ana luisa

EXCELLENT advice from Emily and Rodney ! I think you're going to love this deck. I don't own this specific one but the ones I got from the same illustrator are phenomenal and quite clear in their readings. Mind you, I am not particularly fond of the style but bought because I saw them in action and was mesmerized. Enjoy and let us know :)