Mythos Tarot

mythos

La Papesse is finis

I've finished her ... and we are both happy. Okay, the flowers at the sides. The poppies (well that's what they are meant to be even though they don't really look like it) are symbolically the flower of sleep or death. Thus the spirit within needs reawakening or rebirthing. Then consciousness begins to stir (rose bud) and blossom (blooming rose). The virginal lily - flower of purity is penetrated by the yellow stamen connecting to our inner consciousness, the spirit within, which the Papesse holds sway over. Then, when we pierce the hymen of the Ru or mandorla; and of the veil and gain access to the divine FIAT of creation, we may sit, at one with the Source, God, whatever you wish to call it.

Our papesse is both the virgin goddess, the Sophia of wisdom, the point at which the Magician, who has all the tools of creation at his fingertips, can step through the veil and, with the Papesse, create the manifested world of the manifest mother and father - the Empress and Emperor.

Yippee! It is all coming together. You see for me, the fool will always be the figure I first learned about in the early 1970's. He is not the god-touched fool, but everyman, who wanders aimlessly through life without consciousness of the glory of connecting with the spirit within. He's the guy down the street putting away a couple of slabs on a Saturday arvo watching the footy with his mates. He is all of us who lead the 'unexamined life'.

mythos:)

Attachments

• HPfin.jpg
    HPfin.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 175

Sidhe-Ra

Indeed, you should both be very happy! I think she's utterly glorious, possibly my new fave of yours. Just perfect! :)

I really do hope you will exhibit these- what about a future collaboration? I certainly plan to organize an exhibition of tarot art at some point in the future.

Blessings,

Em x

Bat Chicken

Wow!! I am speechless.... She is absolutely beautiful and so much more!!
I like your description of the Fool - perfect.... I must agree...:)

webmuse

Mythos, these are gorgeous cards and laden with meaning and arcana. The Magician has so much movement and potential whereas the High Priestess is so still and collected. The world revolves around her and and she knows how it is spinning. BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL!

mythos

Sidhe-Ra said:
Indeed, you should both be very happy! I think she's utterly glorious, possibly my new fave of yours. Just perfect! :)

I really do hope you will exhibit these- what about a future collaboration? I certainly plan to organize an exhibition of tarot art at some point in the future.

Blessings,

Em x

Lovely idea Em. Slight geographic problem though given that you are in Sussex and I am in Australia. When you win the Pools, or I win Tattslotto ... what say we meet in the middle and exhibit together?

And ... has anyone heard from Temperlyne? She has been mising from here for so long that I am worried about her?

And thanks Bat Chicken and Webmuse ... I am so glad that the feeling I have for my Papesse reaches others.

Keigh

Your papesse is rich in symbolism and beautifully rendered. Many many layers I see before me....Well done!

FantasyWorld

Great work Mythos:D

Lovin' your cards:Love:

Be Blessed
Alanna

ArcanoMáximo

My G@D!
How can you be so GOOD?!
This is Wonderful!!!!*****

Rabbit

Mythos
Your deck is gorgeous! You have a great talent. which I wish I had...
I sure can't wait til you are finished!

mythos

Thank you all. I have to say that with this one, I feel as though I have made a real breakthrough, both tarot-wise and as a painter. Your words confirm that feeling, and I so very much appreciate them.