need help - oracle question

finaflight

Hi Everyone

I asked in another thread the differance between taort and oracle reading.

I know how to read spreads in tarot - So in an oracle is it the same - like could you use a Celtic Cross for example in an oracle.

How do you read an oracle is what I`m trying to say.

thanks
cosmoline

Alta

I find with oracles that simple spreads are better. I tend to use only one card, or a three-card spreads, such as:

Situation - Difficulties - Advice
Past - Present - Future
Goal - Blocks - Advice

and so on.

Marion

MeeWah

I do the same, though also prefer the smaller spreads for Tarot.

Mainly because oracles usually quite different from a Tarot deck & each has its own unique structure, varying from the relatively simple to the more complex.

In some ways, I see oracles or the non-Tarot to rely more on the intuitive because of the differences from Tarot which tend to inspire more of the out-of-the-box approach.

MysticalMoose

I use a different number of spreads including 3 cards as Marion suggests along with the Celtic Cross amongst others~ most booklets with the deck will give suggested spreads for you to try ~ For example The Fairy Ring Oracle suggests several spreads including names such as "The Fairy Mound ~this uses 13 cards! "The Fairy Oak ~ This uses 10", & the "Fairy Ring Spread which uses 8 cards ~ Madam Endoras booklet gives 4 spreads to try they use between 4 and 9 cards for each spread. As with Tarot you can devise your own spreads too. Oracles are such fun to use :D:D

finaflight

Marion

Wasn`t sure - I had a Moon Oracle a long time ago and when I first got it - it showed a Celtic Cross - The signifier was one of the 12 Goddess for each month of the year. I tried to understand it - but think youo have to know somethng about astrology.

The good thing was that the goddess gave good advise, but I couldn`t put in all together till the phase of the moon in the outcome position came to pass.

Very frustrating!

thanks
Cosmoline

finaflight

I will start out with a small spread like I did in Taroti - although I found doing the bigger spreads for informative - its draining.

I just picked up a Celtic Tree Oracle at a second hand store - so I`m excited to learn it. The book has interesting info on tree`s.
I have a piece of tree hanging around my neck -not sure what kind of tree it is though - been trying to find out - My friend doesn`t remember - thinks it might be oak - She (my friend) brought it to me from Ireland - it is suppose to be 5000 years old - It has something to do with the tree sinking into the ground after it dies and then it solidifies. Anyway - I love it! - I wrapped a favorite spare earing I had around it - (lost the mate) - Then I bought a nice chain for it.

Going off topic here - so if anyone has the Celtic Tree Oracle I would love to know how yoou liked it.

Thanks everyone for your input!
Cosmoline

Elven

Hi cosmoline :)

What oracles do you have presently?

I Like the suggestions already made - and certain oracles seem to work for certain questions - but thats a very peronal response ;)
You might like to try as a cross over from reading Tarot and Oracles - to do a Celtic Cross with your Tarot - and then use your Oracle cards over the top of the celtic cross - if thats too much - do a small 3 card reading or one card reading to start. Use the Tarot card as the basis for the reading, and the Oracle card to add as advice for the Tarot card - it might explain what approach or attitude to have. What ever capacity or weight the Oracle cards holds, its function is to add to the reading another aspect which the Tarot has already given.

After a while, you can get a feel for what the Oracle is trying to point out on its own - and with the other Oracle cards - but it depends on the decks you use as well.

Some combined reading may be about Animal Spirits tarot and Animal Totems Oracles, you might like to try a combination of Celtic tarot and Celtic Oracle or Tree Oracle, a Whimsical Tarot and Faeries Oracle ... there are lots of different combinations.

Pick a combination as you would choose and Tarot for a specific question, and then add an Oracle deck which you think will support the tarot. Its a place to start anyway :)

Blessings Elven x

AJ

Cosmoline, wood that has been underground under great pressure over many many years becomes 'petrified', and like stone. We have some petrified forests in the eastern part of the state where I live. You can walk along and see whole trees lying there (broken into sections as a rule). My parents were rock hounds (collectors) and dad made some beautiful jewelry from the cut and polished sections of petrified wood.

Here is a google search,
http://www.google.com/search?q=petrified+wood&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8
Your necklace probably drew you to your new oracle.
Enjoy!

finaflight

Evlen I will try what you said with the tarot and oracle together – In answer to your question – I only have the Celtic Tree oracle right now – I did have the Moon Oracle – but no longer. I kind of wish I had of held onto the Moon Oracle just in case a day came that I could understand it better – I can’t get it anywhere anymore – that I’m aware of

Thank you AJ for that thread to the wood on Google – My piece of wood is dark in color – I would like to see what it looks like inside – perhaps I can find out from somewhere how to find out what kind of wood it is for sure.
I was sitting at a table with some other people when my friend gave it to me – I had asked her once to bring me back a piece of bark from the tallest tree in the forest ( what has that tree seen?) so she gave me this instead. She didn’t think it was a big deal – nor did anybody else at the table either. I must say for me though - I felt very rich or even blessed holding this piece of wood.
Peace
Cosmoline

SunChariot

cosmoline said:
Hi Everyone

I asked in another thread the differance between taort and oracle reading.

I know how to read spreads in tarot - So in an oracle is it the same - like could you use a Celtic Cross for example in an oracle.

How do you read an oracle is what I`m trying to say.

thanks
cosmoline

Actually I very rarely use spread at all. But yes you can use Tarot spreads with Oracles.

How you read an Oracle is another queston. There is no right or wrong way. Different people read differently. And you have to find the way that meshes with your personality. I personally read both Tarot and Oracles in the exact same way. I don't study meanings, I just read by analysing the imagery.

Bar