New card backs - LoS French Cartomancy and Lenormand Oracle Cards

Melia

@auntie - here's the link. http://www.bookdepository.com/search?searchTerm=french+cartomancy

@greatdane - the images look ok to me. It seems to me it's the way they've edited these that doesn't appeal to you. If so, perhaps purchase the sevenstars Lenormand deck instead - the images are so much nicer (better balanced) with the card inserts I think.

greatdane

HI Melia

I loved the images. They were just like double images. The Birds especially not only were blurry but had double images. But I bought them a couple of years ago and they had the sage backs with the child. I just wanted a copy without really blurry images. They were the only deck I found that looked old and didn't have inserts or verses, I prefer them without either. So I can now look forward to hopefully getting mine with clear images! Takes awhile to reach me here in the US but I got notification they were sent earlier this week so should have them by the middle of the month.

magpie9

The french cartomancy is back in print? Amazon US doesn't stock it...where can you get it? :bugeyed:

greatdane

Got my new Lenormand Oracle and it's GREAT!

Amazon didn't have except thru vendors and EXPENSIVE. Got it from Book Depo for 8 inc shipping, arrived in about a week from the UK and I LOVE IT! Great printing, great backs, great price!

magpie9

Thanks, Greatdane...I just ordered it from Book Depositary!

SixDegrees

I have two questions about the updated French Catromancy deck, and I'd appreciate anyone who could answer:

1) My recently arrived Llewellyn catalog describes the set as having "gold foil impressions." I assume this refers to the hard outer box and not the cards, right?

2) An Amazon review of this set said that the cards are 3.5 by 4.8 inches. That seems rather large for a Lenormand deck! Can anyone confirm? If so, I may actually be interested in purchasing this as an alternative to my old French Cartomancy set for three card readings.

Melia

There's no gold foil treatment or "impressions" on the cards ... and no gold foil impressions on the card box either. The cards are 10 x 6.2 cms - the cards are larger than some of my other Lenormand decks, however these are the ones I tend to use all the time, including for grand tableau spreads and the size has never been an issue for me.

SixDegrees

Thank you for the information, Melia!

auntie

Yes, thank you Melia. I just saw this and ordered. I hope I get the new backs, we'll see, because I certainly don't need any more copies of the ones with the Heart error.

Le Fanu

I just got the new edition of the Lenormand Oracle today.

It is soooo much nicer. Lovely backs and sharper printing. So glad I got it. Love this deck - always did - but with these lovely backs it is now perfect. Such a great and easily available reading deck.

kudos to LoS :thumbsup: