Nicoletta Ceccoli's Tarot

littlethings

Guess what showed up today for my birthday? This was a very nice surprise :)

I think I'm going to love reading with this deck. It's a little bizarre, a little moody and a little trippy. Should be fun :)

EarthAngel2911

Oooohhh, I'm very excited about this deck and have been since I saw the first drawings a couple of years ago! :)
Amazon sent me a nice little email yesterday saying that it's on its way, and I should see it on Thursday. :) Yay!
From the little sampling of cards I've seen so far, it seems like it will fit into my Autumn seasonal decks nicely. :-D

Dark Victory '39

i've been getting some pretty good readings w/ this, but the stench is truly unbelievable; it's now almost gone, after a week of being aired nightly in the window, plus stuck in a paperbag during the day w/ a papertowl soaked w/ potent (and i mean potent) essential oils. I've nvr had to work this hard to clear the chemical reek.

I don't quite know what to do w/ the flying donuts in queen of wands, or really the whole card is so strange; im surprised seeing her cradling a baby (cone). Actually, the food ones as a whole freak me out, which truly, might be the point. Because people are comparing this as the same readibility as fairylights, i have to say FL didn't work for me at all, and i am a visual reader who doesn't have any qualms about straying far afield typical rws or thoth impressions if i see something in the moment in the card thats influencing me; and i'm having a relatively easy time reading the ceccoli. actually my hardest 'sell' is getting people who i usually read for interested in having me use this deck w/ them, so i've been mostly doing personal readings. love the pastels and greys, honestly that was one of the big draws; i seem to require periodic spells of using quieter colors and more muted decks. And oddly, black and white decks sometimes are too contrasty for me rather than soothing.

Le Fanu

You must be very sensitive to smells.

<To others>; it has that new deck smell but really nothing more.... (just in case others were thinking of not ordering it because it might be like that U.S Games laminate smell. It isn't)

Nina*

You must be very sensitive to smells.

<To others>; it has that new deck smell but really nothing more.... (just in case others were thinking of not ordering it because it might be like that U.S Games laminate smell. It isn't)

I WAS wondering. I didn't notice any smell.

Dark Victory '39

the smell

i was wondering if the smell had anything to do somehow w/ getting it from llewellyn warehouse? i didn't have a problem at all w/ silver wc, although someone else on that thread commented that they did have to air out their kit; is it possible different distributors wd have had different processing chemicals? doesn't seem likely. i'd say as a whole, i'm a little sensitive to smells, but never to the extreme of this; i've never had a prob w/ any sort of deck bf. can anyone else comment if they notice a smell on this one? i certainly dont want to bias people unfairly, as i'm quite liking the deck.

EarthAngel2911

I just got my deck last night and didn't notice any smell at all...

I went thru each of the cards; some I really liked and some had me scratching my head. But I've been around the block long enough to know that a deck like this can be readable visually and intuitively for me if we mesh well together. Guess I won't know that until I start playing with it, though. And I'm looking forward to that! :)

LotusSong

Has anyone gotten their deck from Amazon? I preordered this back in August. Right now it says that it hasn't shipped my deck, but I still have an estimated arrival date of the 16th - 20th which is ???. I'm worried that they somehow forgot about my order. :S

littlethings

I didn't remember any smell from my deck and just gave it a sniff now. There's a hint of an odor, but it's very faint. So faint that I didn't even notice it when I was going through the cards.

I got my deck from Amazon. I preordered the deck in April.