Non-responsive pendulum

Yaya29

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum and want to say hello to you all. I have been loosely practicing divination with a pendulum for a few years but I am looking to get more experience with it. I had a strange experience last night and hope that others might shed some light on the subject.

To begin I will go back to when I first got my pendulum. I purchased it from a shop that had several to choose from. I chose a couple that I liked the looks of but the first did nothing when I held it and asked it to show me a yes. The second jumped up and down angrily and the third, the one I have, gave me very clear answers. I always start out asking questions that I know the answer to in order to judge it's truthfulness. Last night I asked it a couple questions and received the correct answers then I asked it if it always tells the truth and it gave me a "no." Then I asked it the question that I have on my mind which I asked it a few nights ago as well. The first night it gave me a yes answer but last night it didn't answer at all. I asked it a couple other questions to make sure that our energy was linked and it answered me but when I went back to my original question, again no answer. This has never happened before and I'm not sure what it means. If anybody has any insights I would greatly appreciate them. Also, any suggestions would be welcomed.

Alexra

im interested in reading the responses to this post. i have had the same thing happen to me a few times. i usually wait a day or two to ask again and get a response

Angel929

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum and want to say hello to you all. I have been loosely practicing divination with a pendulum for a few years but I am looking to get more experience with it. I had a strange experience last night and hope that others might shed some light on the subject.

To begin I will go back to when I first got my pendulum. I purchased it from a shop that had several to choose from. I chose a couple that I liked the looks of but the first did nothing when I held it and asked it to show me a yes. The second jumped up and down angrily and the third, the one I have, gave me very clear answers. I always start out asking questions that I know the answer to in order to judge it's truthfulness. Last night I asked it a couple questions and received the correct answers then I asked it if it always tells the truth and it gave me a "no." Then I asked it the question that I have on my mind which I asked it a few nights ago as well. The first night it gave me a yes answer but last night it didn't answer at all. I asked it a couple other questions to make sure that our energy was linked and it answered me but when I went back to my original question, again no answer. This has never happened before and I'm not sure what it means. If anybody has any insights I would greatly appreciate them. Also, any suggestions would be welcomed.

Could it be that it already gave you the answer and nothing has changed to move it from that answer?

priestess_12

I too have tried using the pendulum for divination over the years and have had mixed success with it same as you yaya where even when I ask if it has given me the wrong answer it says "yes" lol

I have been told that if the right intention and prayer is not used before starting the reading with the pendulum other "energies" can take over the pendulum and give you false answers.

Influencing the pendulum with your conscious mind can happen a lot as well where you give yourself the answer you want to hear - to avoid this I write my questions on post it notes and mix them up and flip them over and ask the answer to them that way. even doing this has given me false answers.

I think from my personal experience using the pendulum it gives me the answers I need to know now and if it is not giving you an answer then you have to trust that its information that you are not supposed to know at this point in time. Or if it is not responding you can try clarifying your question I find that if my pendulum doesn't understand the question clearly it will not respond. or sometimes your pendulum may just need to be cleansed.

just my 2 cents worth :)

APT

I bought a pendulum and I even have trouble getting it to move. :( It is very weird. Maybe I am an empty shell inside, and that's why there's no energy to pick up. :laugh:

Nah, seriously, I've even given up on it. I have a brand new one that I bought about three months ago and I just can't seem to get it to work at all. I have no idea why. It sucks. :(

Qpmomma

I always have the pendulum give 3 answers: yes, no, and not right now. Is it possible the answer is "not right now"? Also, I always adk if now is the best time to work with the pendulum. There are other things too. You may need to cleanse it. Those are the top 3 things that give me wonky answers.

Asbestos Mango

In my experience, a non-responsive pendulum means, "Do you really need to ask?"

BeastlySerenity

I have a collection of pendulums that I use regularly to read myself and others. I have a pretty strong connection with several spirit guides and other spirit entities.

There is no 'universal way' to use a pendulum. However, I'll tell you a bit about how I can get most pendulums to work :).

1.) Ground yourself.
2.) Create an energetic shield of energy around you that protects you from negative entities, but also enables spirit guides and positive spirits to enter.

3.) Speak in a clear , but warm manner, like you're talking to an old friend. Ask for the spirit who is your ally or your guide to come and join you and help you with a few questions.

4.) Ask it to show you the sign for yes, and then to show you the sign for no.
When you speak to it, besides speaking to it in voice, also speak to it telepathically (in your mind).

5.) After every question or every other question is answered, always thank the spirit genuinely.

6.) If a pendulum still doesn't work. Have an extra one on hand. And ask;
"Did you not like that pendulum my friend? How about this one? Do you like this one better?"

You know the pendulum is working when you get appropriate responses to verification questions.

It's okay to ask a question twice just for verification. Make sure you let the spirit know it's for verification. For example, you can mention:
"So one more time my friend, was that a yes to xxxxxx?"
After the reply
"Thanks so much my friend you were such a great help."

It also helps if you make offerings to spirits. Incense, candles, water bowls, cool gadgets etc. This will strengthen your ability with pendulum and spirit communication.

Garnet-Flame

Have you tried rewording your question? Sometimes pendulums don't like the way you phrase something and won't answer, then when you change the wording around it answers.