Not a scorpio but an aquarius...?

Perris

people who are into astrology always ask me "are you a scorpio" well guess what.. i am not! can you tell me why they may see me as more of a scorpio?

here is my chart:
Positions of Planets
Sun 18°41' Aquarius
Moon 4°44' Pisces
Mercury 26°09' Capricorn
Venus 4°42' Aquarius
Mars 10°56' Taurus
Jupiter 26°39' Taurus
Saturn 9°47' Capricorn
Uranus 3°49' Capricorn
Neptune 11°16' Capricorn
Pluto 15°10' Scorpio
Chiron 2°44' Я Cancer
Ceres 7°19' Aries
Pallas 1°27' Pisces
Juno 8°13' Я Virgo
Vesta 16°51' Sagittarius
Node 5°48' Я Pisces
Lilith 29°53' Virgo
Fortune 17°39' Cancer
AS 1°36' Cancer
MC 9°00' Pisces

Planets in Houses
Sun House 9
Moon House 9
Mercury House 8
Venus House 8
Mars House 11
Jupiter House 12
Saturn House 7
Uranus House 7
Neptune House 7
Pluto House 5
Chiron House 1
Ceres House 10
Pallas House 9
Juno House 4
Vesta House 6
Node House 10
Lilith House 4
Fortune House 1

Positions of Houses
House 1 1°36' Cancer
House 2 21°44' Cancer
House 3 13°01' Leo
House 4 9°00' Virgo
House 5 13°05' Libra
House 6 23°55' Scorpio
House 7 1°36' Capricorn
House 8 21°44' Capricorn
House 9 13°01' Aquarius
House 10 9°00' Pisces
House 11 13°05' Aries
House 12 23°55' Taurus

List of Aspects
Saturn Conjunction Neptune Orb +1°29'
Moon Conjunction MC Orb +4°15'
Saturn Conjunction Uranus Orb +5°58'
Uranus Conjunction Neptune Orb +7°27'
Mercury Conjunction Venus Orb +8°33'
Uranus Opposite AS Orb -2°12'
Mars Opposite Pluto Orb -4°14'
Saturn Opposite AS Orb -8°10'
Neptune Opposite AS Orb -9°40'
Sun Square Pluto Orb +3°30'
Venus Square Mars Orb +6°13'
Sun Square Mars Orb -7°44'
Sun Square Jupiter Orb +7°58'
Moon Square Jupiter Orb -8°04'
Mars Trine Neptune Orb -0°20'
Mercury Trine Jupiter Orb +0°30'
Mars Trine Saturn Orb +1°09'
Moon Trine AS Orb -3°08'
Pluto Trine MC Orb -6°10'
Mars Trine Uranus Orb +7°07'
Venus Trine Jupiter Orb -8°03'
Saturn Sextile MC Orb -0°46'
Moon Sextile Uranus Orb +0°55'
Mars Sextile MC Orb +1°55'
Neptune Sextile MC Orb -2°15'
Neptune Sextile Pluto Orb -3°54'
Moon Sextile Saturn Orb -5°02'
Uranus Sextile MC Orb +5°11'
Saturn Sextile Pluto Orb -5°23'
Moon Sextile Mars Orb +6°11'
Sun SemiSquare Uranus Orb -0°07'
Jupiter SesquiQuadrate Neptune Orb +0°23'
Pluto SesquiQuadrate AS Orb -1°25'
Jupiter SesquiQuadrate Saturn Orb +1°52'
Sun SesquiQuadrate AS Orb -2°04'
Mercury Quintile Pluto Orb -1°01'
Jupiter BiQuintile Uranus Orb -1°09'
Moon SemiSextile Venus Orb +0°01'
Venus SemiSextile Uranus Orb +0°53'

Minderwiz

Lots of info, in order to answer your question we need some simplification. So to start with can you confirm your birth details:

Tuesday 7th Feb 1989, approx 11:32 UT (13:32 Local mean time)

at, approx 39 degrees, 47 North, 030, 02 East (there are some minor discrepencies in your quoted data, which leads to the approximation)

This location is in Turkey

You also used Placidus cusps, whereas I tend to use Regiomontanus.

Also, when you say 'people into Astrology', are you simply refering to friends who have an interest or have you actually had that question from practicing professional Astrologers ??

Perris

Minderwiz said:
Lots of info, in order to answer your question we need some simplification. So to start with can you confirm your birth details:

Tuesday 7th Feb 1989, approx 11:32 UT (13:32 Local mean time)

at, approx 39 degrees, 47 North, 030, 02 East (there are some minor discrepencies in your quoted data, which leads to the approximation)

This location is in Turkey

You also used Placidus cusps, whereas I tend to use Regiomontanus.

Also, when you say 'people into Astrology', are you simply refering to friends who have an interest or have you actually had that question from practicing professional Astrologers ??
Hi Minderwiz,
Yes you are mostly correct. I was born in Eskisehir, Turkey, at 1:30pm (local mean time) which from my research on google has the following longitude/latitude; Latitude is 39° 47' N. Longitude is 30° 34' E. Located in Eastern Europe Time. My birthdate is in fact February, 7th, 1989

I honestly don't know the difference between placidus cusps from regiomontanus (maybe you can enlighten?:)) When I say people into astrology I am talking about friends and acquaintances who are interested in astrology. Mostly people I conversate with, etc. I am a beginner into the astrological realm so I do not have any other info then what I could find online. I am interested in learning though so I apologize if I posted too much info, Im not acquainted with this section of the forum yet although I've been pretty active in the Tarot section. Thanks for replying..

Very interested, Perris.

isthmus nekoi

Hard to tell looking from the numbers but if they're accurate, I would guess it's the Pluto-Mars opposition square sun (and much less so, Venus).

I know someone who is a Gemini ASC, looks like a Scorp through and through. He wears all black and on occasion, military gear, skull rings, sunglasses, is obsessed w/vampires and what not, has a six sided coffin for a coffee table etc. He attributes all this to Mars conj Pluto in 12th. (Maybe conj ASC? Secretive man, he won't reveal his birth data lol)

Ebertin describes Mars-Pluto contacts as follows:

- a person who wants to use force or compulsion at every occasion, attainment of success through excessive effort, tendency to proceed in a brutal manner, etc.

Ebertin on Pluto-Sun:
- striving for power, craving for rulership, etc.

Minderwiz

Perris,

It's just that I need to look at a simple picture - I'm much too dull witted to absorb all that info and put it into some sort of order :)

I could just have asked you to post your birth data but as someone raised the issue of working backwards from the chart data to the natal details, I thought it would be interesting to see how near I could get in the time available to me :)

I'll adjust my chart and then get back to you, but two points for the moment:

If you had your chart generated by a website, they virtually all use Placidus houses. Without going into too much detail, popular House systems are of two general types, Firstly and most used in the West, quadrant systems which divide the chart into four sectors based on MC and ASC and then subdivide the sectors equally, according to either time or space - Placidus and Regiomontanus are two such types. One feature of quadrant systems are that, in terms of degreesm the quadrants are often undequal, with two large and two small ones.

The second type of House system divides the Chart up into 12 equal sized houses, either starting with the ASC or occasionally starting with the MC or in classical Greek and in Vedic (Indian) Astrology whole signs.

The second point is that I'm not a user of the planetoid Pluto, so I'll have to look for a different explanation than Isthmus. :(

Perris

Minderwiz said:
Perris,

It's just that I need to look at a simple picture - I'm much too dull witted to absorb all that info and put it into some sort of order :)

I could just have asked you to post your birth data but as someone raised the issue of working backwards from the chart data to the natal details, I thought it would be interesting to see how near I could get in the time available to me :)

I'll adjust my chart and then get back to you, but two points for the moment:

If you had your chart generated by a website, they virtually all use Placidus houses. Without going into too much detail, popular House systems are of two general types, Firstly and most used in the West, quadrant systems which divide the chart into four sectors based on MC and ASC and then subdivide the sectors equally, according to either time or space - Placidus and Regiomontanus are two such types. One feature of quadrant systems are that, in terms of degreesm the quadrants are often undequal, with two large and two small ones.

The second type of House system divides the Chart up into 12 equal sized houses, either starting with the ASC or occasionally starting with the MC or in classical Greek and in Vedic (Indian) Astrology whole signs.

The second point is that I'm not a user of the planetoid Pluto, so I'll have to look for a different explanation than Isthmus. :(

Hmm.. your explanation is very interesting! Thank you... I'll be waiting for your interpretation :)

Perris

isthmus nekoi said:
Hard to tell looking from the numbers but if they're accurate, I would guess it's the Pluto-Mars opposition square sun (and much less so, Venus).

I know someone who is a Gemini ASC, looks like a Scorp through and through. He wears all black and on occasion, military gear, skull rings, sunglasses, is obsessed w/vampires and what not, has a six sided coffin for a coffee table etc. He attributes all this to Mars conj Pluto in 12th. (Maybe conj ASC? Secretive man, he won't reveal his birth data lol)

Ebertin describes Mars-Pluto contacts as follows:

- a person who wants to use force or compulsion at every occasion, attainment of success through excessive effort, tendency to proceed in a brutal manner, etc.

Ebertin on Pluto-Sun:
- striving for power, craving for rulership, etc.

Thanks.. I really liked your mars-pluto observations! :)

isthmus nekoi

Minderwiz said:

lol, Pluto's demotion was a sad day for modern astrologers - one less planet to complain about!

@Perris, you're most welcome

Minderwiz

isthmus nekoi said:
lol, Pluto's demotion was a sad day for modern astrologers - one less planet to complain about!

Well it will also drive them to consulting their Astrological psycho-thereapists/ psychic nutritionists/ psychiatrists etc, all of whom are ruled by Pluto, so I think there's many miles left before it disappears off the Astrological radar LOL

As well as it's opposition to Pluto (which I have to ignore) Mars is in a close trine with Saturn in Capricorn. Saturn's extremely powerful in this chart. It's not only in its own rulership but its also in mutual receptions with Mercury, Venus and Jupiter (though only the first of these has any real strength, through triplicity). Saturn also is angular in the seventh (and rules the Severth, Eighth and Ninth). Mars rules the eleventh House of friends (in which it is also situated). Saturn is also the sole dispositor of the chart - it rules directly or indirectly all the other planets (I don't use the outers but even if I did, this statement would still be true).

So the views of friends and others will be permeated through the Saturn/Mars trine.

Underlying temperament is strongly phlegmatic, you probably (subconsciously) adapt to meet others expectations and they expect someone who is both forceful (Mars) and well directed (Saturn).

Another interesting factor is that Mercury is very near it's station Retrograde, it's only moving at 11 minutes a day - so it is very slow and very weighty. Ruled by Saturn this will give a large dose of gravitas

Lastly your fifth House (romance, fun, creativity, chlidren) contains virtually all of Libra and Scorpio - The house ruler is Venus but we can't avoid some reference to Mars in it's affairs. A fifth house ruled by Venus and Mars - sounds quite 'Scorpionic'

Perris

Minderwiz said:
Well it will also drive them to consulting their Astrological psycho-thereapists/ psychic nutritionists/ psychiatrists etc, all of whom are ruled by Pluto, so I think there's many miles left before it disappears off the Astrological radar LOL

As well as it's opposition to Pluto (which I have to ignore) Mars is in a close trine with Saturn in Capricorn. Saturn's extremely powerful in this chart. It's not only in its own rulership but its also in mutual receptions with Mercury, Venus and Jupiter (though only the first of these has any real strength, through triplicity). Saturn also is angular in the seventh (and rules the Severth, Eighth and Ninth). Mars rules the eleventh House of friends (in which it is also situated). Saturn is also the sole dispositor of the chart - it rules directly or indirectly all the other planets (I don't use the outers but even if I did, this statement would still be true).

So the views of friends and others will be permeated through the Saturn/Mars trine.

Underlying temperament is strongly phlegmatic, you probably (subconsciously) adapt to meet others expectations and they expect someone who is both forceful (Mars) and well directed (Saturn).

Another interesting factor is that Mercury is very near it's station Retrograde, it's only moving at 11 minutes a day - so it is very slow and very weighty. Ruled by Saturn this will give a large dose of gravitas

Lastly your fifth House (romance, fun, creativity, chlidren) contains virtually all of Libra and Scorpio - The house ruler is Venus but we can't avoid some reference to Mars in it's affairs. A fifth house ruled by Venus and Mars - sounds quite 'Scorpionic'

Thank you, thank you, thank you! But to clarify, are you saying the dominance of saturn in my chart is giving me scorpionic qualities?