Oracle De-enabling

Belinda2

AJ said:
As a disabler, if you own one of their decks you own them all. Buy the cheapest one if you must own one.

The other decks I know nothing about which means they are hopeless and useless and wasteful of time and money and ink and paper since I'm an oracle junkie. With taste.
Ok I hear you! lol

Belinda2

Debra said:
I've had Psycards, twice. Couldn't do a thing with them. No depth.
No depth in what way?

Debra

I found them a let-down. The art is attractive--especially the saturated color palette--I like her style. And there's the "J"-word--Jung--so one thinks oooooh there'll be archetypes and such. "Psy" cards, sounds so...psychological. Insights galore, one hopes.

But the cards have a cartoonish quality that twice hung me up, something like "A Boy's True Adventures" with a medieval fantasy-land setting. The book doesn't add depth either. It's like, "get in touch with your feelings about The Sun" well duh.

My feeling is that the pretty on-screen images are enough.

Belinda2

Debra said:
I found them a let-down. The art is attractive--especially the saturated color palette--I like her style. And there's the "J"-word--Jung--so one thinks oooooh there'll be archetypes and such. "Psy" cards, sounds so...psychological. Insights galore, one hopes.

But the cards have a cartoonish quality that twice hung me up, something like "A Boy's True Adventures" with a medieval fantasy-land setting. The book doesn't add depth either. It's like, "get in touch with your feelings about The Sun" well duh.

My feeling is that the pretty on-screen images are enough.
hum well thanks, I will have to think about them some more I don't like Cartoonish images.

Belinda2

AJ said:
As a disabler, if you own one of their decks you own them all. Buy the cheapest one if you must own one.

The other decks I know nothing about which means they are hopeless and useless and wasteful of time and money and ink and paper since I'm an oracle junkie. With taste.
well I do have some other ones to run by you, The way of the horse, I ching Dead moon,king solomen Oracle cards, Cards of Alchemy, Viking cards, open windo cards, The power deck, The wisdom well, Mirror of the heart and the martin rune Deck, . That will about do it for now, of course anyone else who would like to say anything about the above decks are also welcome.

melissa82686

I recently saw scans and posts about Ancient Feminine Wisdom: Of Goddesses and Heroines Oracle, and got seriously interested. But I thought I had enough divination decks. I haven't even read with some of them, and I am not a collector.

This card might be helpful in de-enabling. The snake seems to have grooves in its skin, so it looks like a green earthworm! Is it a problem in the scan or in the picture?

funny enough, i was in the store today and purchased that deck! it was between that one and another one and decided to pick the Ancient Feminine Wisdom. LOVE the artwort. but to my disappointment my book appears to have a few pages in the front and back with no text :( i hope that isnt a sign lol!

SloughSister

I'm feeling my August purchase ought to be an oracle rather than a tarot deck, and I am leaning heavily towards L'Oracle de la Triade. Few people seem to have it but it practically bellows at me on-line when I go investigate it. I think it used to be hard to find but now is available here at our U.S. Amazon. However, other oracle decks attract me too. Many of the decks seem to be more well-known and well-used on AT, because they are more well-discussed... so I was hoping for some feedback on Celtic Messages, Guardians of Wisdom, or Self-Care Cards.

greatdane

Graven Images? Yay? Nay? Maybe?

I have gone back and forth with this one. If it's in here, I missed it. Thoughts?

Belinda2

I'm feeling my August purchase ought to be an oracle rather than a tarot deck, and I am leaning heavily towards L'Oracle de la Triade. Few people seem to have it but it practically bellows at me on-line when I go investigate it. I think it used to be hard to find but now is available here at our U.S. Amazon. However, other oracle decks attract me too. Many of the decks seem to be more well-known and well-used on AT, because they are more well-discussed... so I was hoping for some feedback on Celtic Messages, Guardians of Wisdom, or Self-Care Cards.

L'Oracle de la Triade - this is a deck along with other French that I want to own one day - I checked out what is on Amazon and it seems to be only the book in french no cards- you can buy it from a guy on ebay who is located in France.
I have the self care cards- they are nice self- help kinds of cards.

Simsy

i am de-enabling every Doreen Virtue deck i have... they lack honesty to me and they are about as fluffy as a rabbit running into a room filled with cotton balls lol...

Simsy