Padma's daily Kipper draws

Padma

This is my journal for doing Kipper daily draws, in an effort to learn them. ETA Since I am trying to learn on my own, I'd prefer it if others did not post here, thank you for your understanding!

I got the deck for Christmas this year :) They are very pretty! I've removed the extra 3 cards in the deck, though, as the Kipper cards number only 36, and I wanted to stick to tradition while learning. I'll put them back in later, when I have a grip on the system.

Today, obviously starting it off with a bang, because the cards were:

Card 3, Marriage. Card 26, Great Fortune. Card 4, Courtship.

I do know from doing Lenormand daily draws that the cards become quite literal at times for the dailies, so I will say these three cards may be speaking about some nice emails to come during the day between D and myself; or, possibly, simply referring to messages or exchanges with friends, because the cards underline extant relationships, and friendships that are just beginning to blossom. The Great Fortune card underlines very pleasant exchanges, or relations, since it makes everything it touches even better.

It may also just be referring to good relations today with son and DiL, who live with me, and who can sometimes be tetchy - but not today!

Last thoughts on these 3 are that they may be pointing to good news from the car garage, which ordered a part for my noisy old car, and I have been waiting and waiting for it to come in! And it is a sort of relationship or commitment. Courtship does not necessarily imply love, so this may just be them courting me in a business way.

******************************************************************************************

Update: Marriage card did not seem to play out in any way, as the only "commitment" I had today was a very loose one to visit family members, who weren't around when I went to drop in. There hadn't been an agreed time, so I wasn't fussed about their absence.

Great fortune: well, I did get lucky on the sales racks at the store today :) so that fit, but in a diminished, watered down way. I found two things I had wanted, and they were in my size. One of them was the last one on the rack.

Courtship, I did text back and forth with a few friends all day. I guess attending to friendships could be seen as courtship, of a kind.

Awkward.turtle91

I don't own this deck but i'll add what i feel it's telling you
I looked up the images on line. and meanings.

I believe this could be telling you that today you'll experience a union with someone when you least expect it. A friend or your partner. Something quite out of the blue i suspect. I believe that you'll find this communication quite positive and it'll put you in a great frame of mind which could be as something as simple as two people getting along or someone saying something nice to you etc.

Courtship i believe is telling you this might be family or will happen when your at home and your feeling a little stressed about work etc.

I could be a waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off, i'm just basing this on the images i've seen online x

Padma

Hi AwkwardTurtle, thanks for your thoughts, but this isn't a "your readings" thread, it's a daily diary for my draws... However, it was nice of you to drop in.

I think your take on it was good though, and I can see it being about family, as I had mentioned my son and daughter-in-law likely being part of the meanings here. Someone out of the blue is less likely, but I guess I will know by the end of the day! I will update then.

Thanks again ;)

Padma

Ok! So today's cards are Family Room, Mature Woman, and Imprisonment.

Not very encouraging!

Family Room I see as being within four walls, and being at home. The LWB says that it means just that. Also being in the present, and in a main GT, if it is near the significator, it means something happening now, or soon.

Mature Woman - is just that; a mature lady, an advice giver, a guide; a parent or grandparent; a counselor or a guide or mentor. As I have none such people in my life, my relatives being all distanced or dead, it is hard to see who this might be, besides myself ;) This may indicate a few female friends I have who are slightly older than me, but a few years older hardly makes them mature women in the sense of the card.

So I will say that with Living Room, this is me at home today.

Imprisonment: I can see this as feeling bored, alone, and stuck in the house today. We are meant to be having a snowstorm (it's already begun) so the only place I will be going today is to my bro-in-law's house; he lives about 5 mins away from me. I will be alone here for the next few days, too.

I can also see imprisonment as being chained to a habit, and I am certainly thinking about quitting smoking in the next day or two.

Thirdly, I can see this card as being trapped in my thoughts.

Ironically, while putting the cards back into one pack, the Gift card flipped out; I was going to the bro-in-law's place to give my nieces their Christmas gifts, as they have been away. :)

Update tonight!

******************************************************************************************

Well, I missed updating last night, but here it is now.

Family Room was, as I said, staying home. I also ended up sleeping on the sofa ;) So, very literal, this card.

Mature Woman was, I think, representing me. Although, I did speak to someone last night who is older than I am by about 2 years. However, I don't see two years as enough to make them show up that way. But in any case, the card did figure in the happenings of today.

Imprisonment I can see in a few ways; staying in the house, though that was hardly like a prison; and also, I was looking on line at dogs for adoption at a rescue, so maybe that hinted at imprisonment? as in, dogs who were removed from prison-sentence type lives. I'm not sure this card could mean that, though.

The dog I was looking at was an older female, though. ;)

Padma

So today I decided to use some of my other Kipper decks in rotation with the Fin de Siecle one. It's a bit difficult, because all three - the Fin, the Mystical, and the traditional deck - all have different names for their cards.

Today I am using the Mystical.

Ugh! What a horrible draw!

Today I get: Prison, Gloomy Thoughts, and Living Room.

Well, we all know what Prison means! I take this as a "you aren't going anywhere" kind of card. With a heavy snowstorm expected today, I can see how this might be a thing. Stuck at home. Mirrored with Living Room, that makes sense.

Gloomy Thoughts are meant to be just that - negative thoughts, depressing thoughts, a bad mindset. The LWB says it can also be unexpected news of some kind.

Living Room, obviously, in the house. Staying home.

I do need to walk the dogs and run some errands locally today...so I am not sure how these cards will apply.

Just for fun, I drew 2 Lennies: House + Tree. Looks like I am not going very far today! :p

*****************************************************************************************

Update:

Prison literally meant staying at home, imprisoned by a big snow storm!

Gloomy Thoughts - well, I learned something about this card, by watching some youtube videos on Kipper which were quite informative. It can literally mean "look before you leap" or "hold yourself back" from a course of action. As I was contemplating adopting another dog, I think the card meant "don't do it!"

Living Room indeed meant enjoying my cozy home :) It's nice to be snug indoors, with all you need, while it is impossible to be outdoors due to extreme weather.

Padma

Today's Kipper daily draw:

Meetings, Gloomy Thoughts and High Honours

I'm not sure what kind of Meetings are to be had today, since we are still digging ourselves out of the snow fiasco. I live in a very small town, in a very rural place, and am not likely to meet anyone today. Our house is fairly out of the way.

Gloomy Thoughts - well, I don't feel gloomy, and am not contemplating any course of risky action for the time being! :laugh:

High Honours: This card I had to look up again in the LWB, which says things are taking a turn for the better. One is meant to compare it to the cards around it to see what is improving. I guess this means my gloomy thoughts are dissipating ;) (not that I had any, in particular, but oh well!)

I guess we shall see what the day brings! Happy New Year's to me, I am hoping for a calm and uneventful year - last year was a doozy :p

I'm still having problems marrying these cards into pairs etc. so I hope I can learn how to do that, soon. It took me a long time to "get" the Lenormand card pairs.

*****************************************************************************************

Feed back on today's cards -

Meetings: well, none in person! However, I did email the dog rescue to donate money, because I won't be adopting the dog...I also met up with many friends in the chat thread today, and we had a lively chat going. I think that might count as meetings.

Gloomy Thoughts: Again here I got the vibe of "look before you leap! Back away from the edge! Don't do it!" and of course, I did decide to not adopt the dog. I think that was a good decision - the cards certainly seem to think so!

High Honours: Well, by donating money to the rescue I did a good thing, an honourable thing. And also things improving, because no dog rescuing happening :p

So I think that was all my daily cards were about. An otherwise incredibly uneventful day! Thank goodness for the company of my chat friends! :D

Padma

Today's cards:

Success in Love: Apparently, this card is one of the best cards in the deck. It portends everything going well, and running smoothly. It can mean "sorrows and problems will soon be in the past" and I would be totally ok with that! It also means negative cards get less negative. Successful outcomes in all matters, regardless of what they relate to.

A Long Way: This one means that something we are going through takes a long time to resolve. It requires patience and strength, and asks us to just see the situation out. Things will eventually change. I'm not sure how this relates in a day to day way. I guess I will have to be patient, wait, and see! ;) It also means loyalty and stability, so those are good things. And that relationship prospects are good. Along with Success in Love, that seems to be pointing to harmonious relationships today!

A Journey: This one is like the Ship in Lenormand cards. A journey, either by car, train, bus or plane. It can mean that something stalled resumes it's course. Coming after "A Long Way", which says things take time, this one says things move forward again. So whatever stalls today soon resumes course. It also looks like this trio of cards is saying that relationships become smooth, and all things are stable, and forward progress is made.

Good cards, although right now I believe that my relationships are safe, and everything seems ok. I guess this may mean they carry on being like that.

I also drew Stars, Moon and Sun for my daily draw in the Lenormand. Those three cards showing up together are rare and momentous, and indicate winning the lottery or something like that. Though that is if they crop up in a GT, not a daily spread! Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket, just in case! But it does look to be a good day!

Ok! So first off, the Lennies Stars, Moon and Sun meant I was chosen as a "VIP" member at the pet food store I shop at, and now get a percentage off the food I buy there :laugh: woot woot! Big lotto win! ;) Celebrity me!

Down to business now:

Success in Love: Well, I did have harmonious relations yesterday with people. I can't say this meant anything more than that, but then the cards are very watered down and more literal in the dailies than in the large spreads.

A Long Way: This one did not really apply, that I could see, beyond traveling the very winding road highway to the pet food store and back. Oh, and also, connects with Journey in the sense that I haven't left the house in a while, and drove there in my Ship (car). This card falling before Journey is also meant to say that a long time of doing not much comes to an end, and moves forward again. Also I did plan a trip to go visit my niece in another province, leaving on Friday. So I guess it did apply in a few areas!

A Journey: Well, I did travel yesterday to the next town over to buy dog food. I also planned the above mentioned trip on Friday, to another province. So I can see how A Journey fit in.

Padma

Today's draw:

Success in Love: I suppose I will have a good day in regard to others again!

Short Illness: I think this is about my car being at the repairs garage all day, because I will be rendered immobile :p the LWB says forced break, incapacitated, standstill. SO I think it is indeed about the car. (also one of my dogs is suffering from a malaise, and I need to book a vet appointment for him).

Court: On a daily level (since I am not expecting to have to deal with courts, lawyers, judges and the lot) can mean that a balance needs to be created in one's life, and certainly, I am trying to do that at this point in time, since my daily life is a bit out of whack. It can show energies not flowing properly. I have a lot of stuff I need to get done in the house today, so this card along with Short Illness is also - I think - telling me to pace myself, or I will harm my back or overdo it and be too tired to do anything else later.

We shall see!

PS Lennies for today are Sun/Woman/Stork, so it seems like improvements are on the way. Certainly with the car they shall be!

Okay...and now, for the update.

I'm seeing my cards a trifle differently than I did this morning.

Success in Love talks about success in any venture requiring communications and relations with others. I was not having that go so great today in some ways. There is one person today whose lack of comms caused me to feel quite bad and insecure about myself. Everyone else were pretty nice, though. And even the DiL was mildly helpful, for a change. But that one person...

Short Illness I think refers to the one person who is not speaking to me. I felt nervous and upset about it. I hate it when I feel like this, and I don't like to feel that others feel they have power to manipulate me. This whole thing is certainly making me feel ick!

Court: and now because of that person, I am totally feeling judged. Which seems ridiculous, but it is what it is. And maybe also that I might now be judging them for judging me :p sooo complicated!

I have to remember that a really good positive card, like Success in Love, can actually offset the more negative ones. And that Short Illness literally means a short discomfort.

My Lennies were about the car, I think! With Stork on the end, certainly things are improving The car did not cost as much as I thought, and the car is running well now. Hopefully things with that person will improve, too.

Padma

I have almost the same cards today as I did yesterday!

Court: Energies still not flowing properly - especially within relationships, because the next card is:

Success in Love. So clearly, the problem from yesterday carries on to today, or at least, the feelings do, somewhat. The Success in Love falling after the Court though shows that the judging I felt yesterday is lessening, and that some harmony is restored. Here's hoping!

Grief and Adversity: well, clearly while the matter seems to get a bit better, I still feel bad! :p or, something that causes grief happens today. I've just read the LWB and this card says suffering, and to check the cards around it to see what one is suffering from. In my case, I feel shut out and judged on a very flimsy basis, like, not enough to be judged on, and so I feel that it is unfair. Since my Success in love is sandwiched between more negative cards, it seems to me my matters will not be resolved today where it comes to relationships. :(

My Lennies say Garden/Fox/Dog so I see someone is most certainly a false friend to me. Wow! Talk about a kick in the shins!

Updating today:

Court: I am not sure what this meant other than my initial interpretation, that things are still unbalanced within relationships. This card almost felt like an emotional hangover from yesterday's cards and events/feelings.

Success in Love: Exactly as I said; things evening out a bit from yesterday's events, plus a better understanding of the situation or the person involved.

Grief and Adversity turned out to be irritation with my DiL. As son and DiL are currently living here, and DiL does nothing to help around the house or cook or anything while son is at work, I felt upset and angry about it at the end of the day (after I cooked dinner for them yet again). I did not say anything, because I didn't want to start a problem, but really, I need to sit with them and work out a chore rotation schedule, because I can't just keep doing everything for them. At least son now has a job. I can only hope the DiL gets one soon, too. Then they can happily move to their own place!

SonyaB

Hi Padma! Just read this and thought I should chime in here! I can't imagine anyone not speaking to you unless they were having their own issues, you're so nice and considerate! Some people just can't communicate their feelings well so don't feel upset or get down on yourself and let it affect your days so much. We care about you and if this person wants to sulk and throw a tantrum more fool them I say! Real friends, mature people discuss their issues and love you no matter what! In light of that - have a great day today and sending blessings from Oz! Xx