PCS Centennial, deck only version

agviz

Hi Storm82, I'll try to post some side-by-side shots this weekend. I think though, that the color variation on the fronts is not a as noticeable of a thing as the backs. You can decide for yourself when I post some comparisons.

Storm82

Hi Storm82, I'll try to post some side-by-side shots this weekend. I think though, that the color variation on the fronts is not a as noticeable of a thing as the backs. You can decide for yourself when I post some comparisons.

thankyou for your help!

do you think the colors are very different from the regular riderwaite deck thats out there?

Ambrosia

thankyou for your help!

do you think the colors are very different from the regular riderwaite deck thats out there?

The colours are MASSIVELY different. Muted and really quite pretty.

agviz

After closely comparing the deck-only and kit versions, I'm seeing so little of a color difference that it wasn't worth scanning a sample. Again, it's just the backs that have a noticeable difference.

Storm82

ok,
you have the deck only version (not in a tin?) ?
the cardstock is same/different?

agviz

ok,
you have the deck only version (not in a tin?) ?
the cardstock is same/different?

Right, I'm comparing the deck-only (not in a tin) to the kit. The card stock is very similar, but the kit version is slightly stiffer to shuffle. That's the only difference I notice.

Storm82

Right, I'm comparing the deck-only (not in a tin) to the kit. The card stock is very similar, but the kit version is slightly stiffer to shuffle. That's the only difference I notice.

do you think tahts good or bad? for readings I mean..
sorry to hassle you :)

agviz

No hassle. Although I wish it was a bit less stiff, it's not so bad that it deters me from working with it. The stiffness difference between the two decks is slight. Ultimately, the kit version is my all-time favorite tarot deck.

If you are debating which of these decks to get, I would recommend the kit because of the extras you get. The book on PCS is especially nice. I wouldn't fret over the subtle differences between the two decks and then miss out on those extras.