pdf format

inertia

Hello to everyone! I am an admirer of the Lenormand Oracle. Few days ago , I learned about the book by Sylvie Steinbach and I found this forum. I was wondering whether the book "The Secrets of the Lenormand oracle" is available to purchase online in a pdf format. The fact is that I live in Russia and it is really difficult for me to buy it through Amazon.com and as far as I am concerned it is not available in bookstores. :( I really need this book. I am looking forward to getting your answers-suggestions. Thanks in advance.

thorhammer

I believe that the Treppner course is available for purchase in pdf format. It is wonderful; I've had Sylvie's book and didn't enjoy it at all, whereas the Treppner course is clear, concise and follows a really well-laid out system (IMO). There are threads here in the Lenormand subforum about it :) The people who do it are German, I think, but it's in English as well.

\m/ Kat

inertia

OH! Thank you SO much fo your immediate response. Both of you! :) I will check your suggestions! I really love the lenormand oracle. I am trying to find the best "method" to learn the interpretations, the way of reading... but so far i was disappointed by the books that I've read.. I think I have a book "the oracle of love using the lenormand deck" by Iris Treppner..(in Russian, I do not know the original title). Is it the same person? Please, I would love to hear your reviews. I'm new to this and any guidance would be really helpful! Thanks again

Golden Moon

Hello

You should get the terpreen .

Ashtaroot

I really liked Sylvie Steinbach book and I agree you should contact her directly
good luck

stpcarly

I really enjoyed Sylvia's book a lot and it has a lot of useful info in it. that is how I learned, plus using the workshop she has here. You can even do the workshop stil (although it is over) and I have found she'll answer questions posted if she sees them (but you need the book to do the workshop).

inertia

Thank you all for your help and support. I would love to hear more by you people that you;ve learned and use one of these methods. Maybe some reviews, thoughts would be great. Thanks again. Waiting for your answers! :)

moderndayruth

Inertia, i didn't use Sylive's method, and i am not really into any kind of fixed system - in my experience Lenormand takes practice like everything else. Maybe learning by heart and parroting meanings that others attached to the cards works for some, but it doesn't work for me. My granma read Gypsy Fortunes and i was used to these cards, than with an online buddy we went through all the cards, studied the traditional meanings and what it meant for us personally for some half a year and i also journaled and practiced a lot, that's how i personally learned to read this oracle.
There are our members who swear by Sylivie's method, there are those who aren't very fond of it (myself included), the Teppner's (not sure of the spelling) material is held in very high regard by those who studied it - but if its difficult for you to get those, there is plenty of free material online, meanings and spreads, get yourself a journal and a deck you like and start practicing, that's probably the best and fastest way to learn.

inertia

moderndayruth, thank you for your answer. It's really beautiful to share one's experiences and thoughts. I agree with you. Practise makes perfect. I will also reproduce some words I've read from someone in the forum-"learning how to read the cards is like learning a new language". I guess that's a factual truth.
Presumably, the lenormand oracle is the language-target. Each card is a word, which includes (a) basic meaning(s).The combinations create simple and more complicated sentences (when used in various spreads).As a linguist-translator, I can say that nothing is vague when it comes to any language. There are rules and a "path" on how to use any word (card), how to create any sentence(spread) and how to identify and give the meaning of this sentence(interpretation). And now I am a student, who wants to learn a new language. For example, the language is called "Inertia". So, I go to a bookstore and I buy 3 coursebooks. I pick randomly a word. The word is "moderndayruth". The first book gives this meaning "quarrel", the second one "joyful evening" and the third one "a young dark-haired girl"...hmmm now I'm a confused student! I have the same language but different meanings! So what should I do? A language must have a dictionary! I go back to the bookstore and I buy the dictionary, which can give me the actual meaning and the special meanings that this word can obtain when used in various expressions. Now, regarding any oracle..there are lots of coursebooks describing methods and meanings BUT what I'm trying to find is the dictionary.. p.s. I'm really sorry for the big and maybe boring post :)