People Cards

Teheuti

Which cards most represent people to you and which people? Please note whether you came to these determinations personally (intuition or experience) or from some a source.

For instance, Bear (10 Clubs), seen as mother to some and father to others (mostly I've seen Father on German language sites). I see it as parental (tending toward mother - in my experience) and 'officials' (police, military, bosses, etc.).

A French person told me he had been taught to use Bouquet (Queen of Spades) for the female significator and Lilies (King of Spades) for the male significator - leaving Man and Woman to represent other people in their lives. For me, Lilies can be the father (or family) and Bouquet are female relatives or good friends.

Snake (Queen of Clubs), surrounded by good cards, has indicated a best friend and advisor, although usually this card is a more negative woman or rival.

Stork (Queen of Hearts) once came up as a midwife (in a question having to do with child birth).

Rider (9 of Hearts) can be a young man or a lover.
Dog (10 of Hearts) can be a friend or a husband (especially if he is also one's best friend).
In one reading, Rider was a man's former lover (who tended to ride in and out of this person's life), while Dog was his current, more reliable, partner. In a woman's reading, Dog was clearly her loyal husband, while Man was a person with whom she was having difficulties at work.

Unless otherwise noted, I got most of these online several years ago, probably largely from Chanah's "Confessions of a Freaky Fortune Teller".

Izzydunne

Man, Woman, and Dog card (the dog represents friend). That's all folks. They are just common sense (from my perspective).

Melia

Thanks Tehueuti, that's why the playing card inserts are very helpful (as there is often more than one female or male in some readings).
I have also had the Bouquet/Queen of Spades and Lilies/King of Spades come up in some of my readings as the female and male significator cards.

Teheuti

Man, Woman, and Dog card (the dog represents friend). That's all folks. They are just common sense (from my perspective).
What about Child?

Flaxen

My experience is broadly the same as yours, Teheuti.
Bear is a mother or female in charge. Lilies comes up often as a man in charge or father/grandfather.

I've often had Dog come up as colleagues at work- close ones in the same team, loyal, reliable employees. Also often as husband or long-term partner who embodies that 'best friend' energy.

For personal readings, Child is usually my own child.

My meanings are based on traditional meanings enhanced by personal experience.

Village Witch

In my readings, the Dog most often signifies my husband. Lilies signifies my husband also but at times speaks of his father or grandfather.

The Bear has referenced me a few times in relationship to my daughter/Child when I am being overbearing. :-D Most often I or my daughter show up as the Lady.

The Lilies or the Man often represents my husband when the Dog in the same read signifies a friend. My daughter's ex husband sometimes shows up as the Man. I often see the Child/Lady/Man combination when reading for my daughter.

The Snake has represented me at times when I am upset and looking to strike. Most often the Snake represents my daughter's ex husband who also shows up as the Fox.

My intuition tells me who is who in my readings unless as in the Grand Tableau I have specified what card represents who or what. Of course the question asked also lends itself to who/what card shows up in the reading representing whom.

Izzydunne

Tehuti said:

"what about Child?'

Excellent question, and I probably should have included this card in my short list of people cards. The reason I hesitated is that I tend to use the Child card for "something new". Although you are exactly correct the Child card is also someone's actual child.

Teheuti

Has anyone experienced House (King of Hearts) as a person? Theoretically it could be a landlord, head-of-household, realtor, or man of the house, but I haven't actually seen it appear as a person.

While Clouds (King of Clubs) sometimes represents a person's male "ex," I've only seen it mean that when it appears adjacent to the Man card.

Teheuti

Does anyone use the Jacks as people (besides the obvious Child/Jack of Spades card)?

Personally, I haven't had these come up as people:
Scythe - Jack of Diamonds
Whip - Jack of Clubs
Heart - Jack of Hearts

tarotlova

Bear for me came up as a physically strong built man next to the ship so I thought he would come from overseas or interstate (I live in Australia) well I met my husband who has a very body builder type of body, and he comes from New Zealand, I had just gotten out of an abusive 20 year relationship so when I was reading my cards they said I would meet this man and the Tarot said I would re marry very quickly, sure I thought I lived in a country town and had no intention of getting married, well, I did, met and married in six weeks, coming up to our 11th wedding anniversary. :) The Scythe can represent a person with a sharp tongue, the Whip tall thin person highly sexual, think sexy and they know it! Just a note also on the Bear it can represent someone with a weight/eating problem and prone to lumps and bumps, interestingly my husband has benign cysts on his back and arm, I was quite amazed when I read this interpretation.