Place's Vampire Tarot

Sophia77

Just received my copy this weekend - and as someone who won't buy Llewellyn decks due to flimsy cardstock - this card stock is a bit extreme too - non flexible and difficult to shuffle. However, besides that the deck is AMAZING!!! Have others used it and what have been yourexperiences? Thanks!!!

rwcarter

I rounded the corners on my deck and believe I've only used it once for a Dark Deck Exchange reading. It was a 3 card reading and I got all court cards. I think I was able to cobble together something meaningful for my partner. Haven't used it since. (But I have a lot of decks and don't do a whole lot of readings.)

Rodney

Viridian

I love this deck! When I think of vampires this is what I think of.... I absolutely love that Carmilla is a character in the deck! As well as Pamela Coleman Smith... ooh and Byron! It's aesthetically perfect and the book that comes with it is a treasure.

I didn't really attempt to read very seriously with this one but I think I recall some people saying that they did and it read well for them.

Watch out that card stock scratches really easily.

greatdane

Love this deck

A kind ATer (thanks Flizarraga!) trimmed and gifted to me as I moved my first one along as it was too big for me to shuffle. It CAN be broken in. I did break in the first and the second. I gently moved it back and forth and rubbed the cards, and while it was still shiny, I broke down some of the lamination and it shuffles really well now. Still a tad big, but I LOVE it.

It is a good reading deck for me and I think the artwork is stunning. The backs are among my favorites.

The book is one of the better companion books out there.

Sophia77

I love this deck! When I think of vampires this is what I think of.... I absolutely love that Carmilla is a character in the deck! As well as Pamela Coleman Smith... ooh and Byron! It's aesthetically perfect and the book that comes with it is a treasure

I love that it includes Ligeia!

Sophia77

Thank you greatdane I will try the rubbing back and forth with my deck! Thanks for the tip! The book really is amazing, and I do think it will become maun reading deck.

Viridian

I love this deck! When I think of vampires this is what I think of.... I absolutely love that Carmilla is a character in the deck! As well as Pamela Coleman Smith... ooh and Byron! It's aesthetically perfect and the book that comes with it is a treasure

I love that it includes Ligeia!

Yes Ligeia too!!! If nothing else this deck would be a jumping off guide for some of the best gothic literature. Wonderful!

Essence of Winter

The deck is fantastic. I love his artwork and he really captured the feel of Stoker's Dracula and Gothic horror generally. I wrote a mini-review of it some months ago:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=4149933&postcount=22

I have been into the vampire genre for as long as I can remember but Place's deck is more than just another vampire-themed Tarot deck. Readings are very clear and intuitive and the vampire aspect doesn't get in the way as it can with other decks.

greatdane

I so agree, Essense of Winter!

I found Place's deck more...visceral...in it's starkness.

MoonGypsy

And trimming it really does make it much easier to handle and to
help the images really pop! i also edged mine in black...