• Gilded and Tarot of Dreams

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Fey

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Others

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters

cirom

If you aare a professional reader or just read for friends, and offer them a choice of decks for the reading which do they tend to choose the most.

Sophie

Among the people I read for, the World Spirit gets picked more often.

But others are very popular, among which:

The Fantastic Menagerie
The Tarot of Prague
The Tarot of Marseille (the French-speakers often go for that one, because they know it)
The Röhrig
The Mythic

Elven

Last year (and the year prior) I noted every deck read with for clients - through their choice of between 7 standard decks, and up to an additional 5 decks which I chose randomly to take with me - for other readings, such as readings from the cafe (my choice of deck for the reader) ....

The most used chosen deck to read with (in order) where: (there are many variables which make this list as it is - Male/Female clients preferences, weekly readings for regular clients, age, familiarity, question.
Also of note: The Masquerade was additioned to the standard 7 at the time of purchase - later in the year. This list is 2006.

RWS
Masquerade
Gilded
Minute

New added decks for clients this year are (additional to the standard decks):
New Vision
Old Path
Robin Wood

So far chosen for 07: New Vision x 2/Gilded x 1/RWS x 1.

Alta

I cannot vote, I am a very eclectic deck user. I switch all the time.

Moonbow

I rarely give people a choice, I read with the deck that I feel like using or that I feel suits the situation better. If reading for my daughter (she's 15), I have used the Marseilles, Inner Child and Manga (Selena Lin). Reading for clients have been mostly with a Marseilles unless I get an inner voice telling me to use something else.

temperlyne

I rarely use tarot for readings but show the cards to friends quite often to initiate an interesting conversation for instance. My collection is very limited but most people are very curious about the Bosch tarot at first glance. After having seen more of the tarot they usually prefer the Toth's images as they seem most inspiring.

Sar

My friends have choosed the Archeon Tarot.

Jewel

I am currently expanding the decks I read with, so I had to vote based on the decks I will do readings with. I only read for friends and for myself, no professional here. The choices I traditionally give them are the Fey and Cosmic Tribe (men like the CT). But this year I will be adding 4 more reading decks to the offering (BBC, Victorian Romantic, Fairytale, and Fantastic Menagerie). That might change my answer for next year.

bleuivy

I only read for friends and friends-of-friends, and usually I don't offer a choice. I use the International Icon for most of my readings for others. However, when I do offer a choice, the most popular have been the International Icon and the Housewives.

And those two decks really do fit my group of friends' personalities perfectly. :)

Aoife

Most choose Thoth.
Men seem to like Victoria Regina.
Prague and Hudes are also very popular.