Potential Students For The School For Beginners - Please Reply

LadyZelda

We are nearing our deadline to put our "School for Beginners" in place and we have Wendywu & Aulruna to help us...but they can't do anything unless we define exactly what we need, so it is time to get organized, isn't it ;)

So far here is a list of those who have shown interest in having a School For Beginners:

Tarot Fairy
Elysia
Caristia
MoiraKarin
Alyna
Olivia1
Janie144
LaLaBella

2 of you I don't know for sure what are your intentions so please confirm if you want to be a student in our School or not:

Lord-Ewin (you seem to be an experienced reader rather than a beginner)
Nina (you seem to be satisfied with what you already have to learn the oracle)

Please everyone of you, do answer this post so that we can create a final list of all the students.

Next step:

We need to give our moderators the "Structure" of our School. Therefore, as you write your name on your reply confirming your intention to be a student; give a "yes or no" and if "no" what would you like instead, to the following propositions:

- When to start?

Next week: Yes or No?

- How many times do we meed in the school?

Once a week: Yes or No?
Twice a week: Yes or No?

- 3 Threads done as Stickies, instead of 1, for ease of use and references: Yes or No?

The purpose of 3 threads is for the ease of use and for well organized future references. It will be more beneficial if we are able to look up the meaning or combinations of a card as well as a layout without having to search through pages of discussions, questions, practices, etc...of the School Thread.

So here they are:

1) "School For Beginners" thread: Yes or No?

This will be our classroom where we do our learning, questions/answers (no question is irrevelant or silly in this school, so it will be a place to "ask to your heart content!"), discussions about the lesson (text book being the Treppner's course), a practice related to the lesson being done when the lesson is understood by all students.

Note: The Treppner's course is not a requirement to "enroll" in the School For Beginners. You can learn with us even if you cannot get the course. Those of us who have it will help anyone who doesn't.

2) "Cards' Meaning & Combination" thread: Yes or No?

This will be the thread where we will place the meaning of each card as we learn them. It will be what we learned from the Treppner's Course, but also what we learned by our personal study of each card (we can all do that... believe in yourself).
Same will be true when we get to the cards' combination.
So to summarize:
1st we go through each card's meaning, 2nd we go through the combinations for each card and all that is stored on its own thread for future references and ease of use.

3) "Lenormand Layouts" thread: Yes or No?

This will be the thread where we post the layouts that we learn about in the School thread, as we learn about them (layouts that come with the Treppner's course as well as others that we know or find elsewhere). It will be just the layouts as the learning and practice will be done in the School. This will create a collection of layouts always available to us, that we can easily check out.

Finally, to have no one concerned about the "daily practice and GT" threads, I want to clarify again, that the School For Beginners thread isn't replacing them and that any student can continue to participate in these threads as before.

Thanks for your replies! :)

alyna

Hi

I confirm my intention for being a student in the school.

I would say yes to the first question about when it should start.

I say Yes to three threads option, one for school, one for combinations and one for layouts.

I say we should meet up once a week since that shall be convenient for everyone over the weekend.

Thank you

metatron3

Oh !
Can I join ? pleeeeeease !!
And just to show I'm a super student, here are my answers :)

When to start : Next Week ?
Yes, it is good for me.

When to meet : Once or twice a week ?
Let's start with once a week. I do have time to come more often but not to take my cards.

3 Threads ?
Absolutly yes !
As for the combination/meaning thread -> wouldn't it be wiser to stick to the "academic" definitions to not be overloard by everyone's experience ?

LadyZelda

Oh !
Can I join ? pleeeeeease !!

Absolutely! :)

As for the combination/meaning thread -> wouldn't it be wiser to stick to the "academic" definitions to not be overloard by everyone's experience ?

As there are for sure a "French & German" way to interpret the Oracle (maybe even other ways I don't know about) and as some would feel more drawn to one or the other, and as most professionals (who are publishing Lenormand's courses or books) always specify that the meanings/combinations they give you are just basics and that you should feel free to add your own vision of the cards after you study them...
I thought that we should not lock ourselves in the Treppner's course for example. What I mean by that is that we can learn like you say the "academic" because we want to benefit from those who are more than experienced with the Oracle, but follow their advice and also add our personal "revelation" on the cards. On the thread, when writting the card meanings we could go like this:

(ITC = Iris Treppner's Course - CS = Colette Silvestre)

The Cavalier/Rider:

German Source: (ITC)

News, transport, sport, business entreprises, a horse, a young man. Movement & communication, messages, moving toward a card: dynamic, moving away from a card: stagnation.
Body parts: Joints, tendons, ligaments
Timing: within 2 days - Fast
Astro: 3rd house - self representation

French Source: (C.S)

Diverse info, visits. News can be happy followed by positive cards or unhappy followed by negative cards.
Cartomancy: 9 of hearts: Success, victory, many satisfactions, fulfillment of hope regarding love, joys, pleasures.

Student Source:

Here, there will be whatever we have discovered after our study of the card, which is done on our own first and then discussed in the "School Thread". When finalized, it will end up with the "academic" interpretation on the "Cards meaning & Combination" Thread.

A note will be written on the top of the thread that could say something like: "whoever turns to the "Cards Meaning & Combination" thread, will decide what to take and what to disregard from the info and adapt according to the reading."

:) Thanks Alyna & Metatron3 for your reply! :)

Can't wait to know who else is joining ;)

elysia

I am confirming my interest too. Once a week would be fine for me. I say yes to everything else.

Pam O

I too am interested in this class. The once a week meeting is a better option.

Yes to all the other questions also.

I have several decks but I have not had success getting a decent reading that feels good to me from the Lenormand cards so I'm a total beginner at this time.

Good job putting this together. :)

LaLaBella

Hello Lady Zelda.
Yes to everything. Once a week meetings are excellent.

The more contributers, the merrier. The debate over meanings and combos should make for some interesting threads.

Thanks for putting this together.

MoiraKarin

i would like to say 'yes ' to all 3. I think once a week, would be fine by me for meetings.

Wish all of you, lots of learning enjoyments and fun!!