Predictions didn't come true AT ALL, now having a crisis of Faith in the Tarot..

tarotbear

IMHO ~ I do think it is time to get past this "My BAD Tarot cards lied to me so now I am going to punish them - SO THERE! {toss toss toss}' attitude -- and move forward with your life. Dwelling on anything you feel is negative is unhealthy. Life is more than a pack of Tarot cards .... or what they may say to you ....

Morwenna

It's for multi-quoting. If you want to quote several people in one message, you click on that button in each of their posts, and then go down to the bottom and click on Post Reply. Your new message will then contain the text of all the posts you quoted.

AH-HA!! I never knew that. Thank you! :D

Alexiel_Eden

IMHO ~ I do think it is time to get past this "My BAD Tarot cards lied to me so now I am going to punish them - SO THERE! {toss toss toss}' attitude -- and move forward with your life. Dwelling on anything you feel is negative is unhealthy. Life is more than a pack of Tarot cards .... or what they may say to you ....

I dont know whether thats how it really was though. I had 4 decks in total and I realised I was becoming addicted to Tarot a few weeks ago. I would literally read about 15 times a day- for myself on the same situation. I felt like owning 4 decks was symbolic of my obsession so I decided to let 2 go that I had no bond with, and the other one was missing the Wheel of Fortune and just felt it was a sign to let go. I find releasing it in the river more respectful than throwing it in the trash or giving it to charity. The other two decks I had no bond with so felt I could give them away with no ill feelings between us

Spencer

I dont know whether thats how it really was though. I had 4 decks in total and I realised I was becoming addicted to Tarot a few weeks ago. I would literally read about 15 times a day- for myself on the same situation. I felt like owning 4 decks was symbolic of my obsession so I decided to let 2 go that I had no bond with, and the other one was missing the Wheel of Fortune and just felt it was a sign to let go. I find releasing it in the river more respectful than throwing it in the trash or giving it to charity. The other two decks I had no bond with so felt I could give them away with no ill feelings between us
I don't really know you or anything about you other than what I've seen you say in this thread so I very well could be wrong...but to me it seems more like you were obsessed with the question and getting the answer you want than addicted to tarot. If you were addicted to tarot (in the bad way that is :D) I think it'd be much more likely that you'd be doing readings 15 or more times a day on every day life decisions like what you should eat for breakfast, etc.
Just my thoughts. :)

ravenest

15 times a day??? Yep, I'd say that is obsessive and addictive, I'd even say get rid of all the decks for a while. Or at least not read for a while.

"Releasing it in the river" ??? That sounds like somehow you owned it and let it go - like you realised it needed to get away from you? As a magical and/or symbolic act (if that is what it was) it backfired ; YOU needed to release yourself from the cards, not release the cards from you.

Treating the cards like a caught undersize fish wont help ... but realising you had an obsession with them in the first place was a good start.

15 of ANYTHING a day is 'examinable' .

Alexiel_Eden

15 times a day??? Yep, I'd say that is obsessive and addictive, I'd even say get rid of all the decks for a while. Or at least not read for a while.

"Releasing it in the river" ??? That sounds like somehow you owned it and let it go - like you realised it needed to get away from you? As a magical and/or symbolic act (if that is what it was) it backfired ; YOU needed to release yourself from the cards, not release the cards from you.

Treating the cards like a caught undersize fish wont help ... but realising you had an obsession with them in the first place was a good start.

What do you mean? I don't get it :s

ravenest

The first part agrees with what YOU said. The next questions your concept of, and the significance of, your choice of the word 'release' and a physical solution (throwing the cards away) when the problem is internal (according to you; 'addiction' and 'obsession') . The rest agrees with what you already said; 15 readings a day (especially on the one subject) indicates a problem that has surfaced 'through' your use of tarot ... not BECAUSE OF your use of tarot.

Doing 15 of anything a day e.g.washing your hands 15 times, drinking 15 glasses of water ... doing anything (except breathing) 15 times a day is something that should be looked into (beyond the actions into the motivations), i.e. examined.

What part don't you get ?

Holly doll

The first part agrees with what YOU said. The next questions your concept of, and the significance of, your choice of the word 'release' and a physical solution (throwing the cards away) when the problem is internal (according to you; 'addiction' and 'obsession') . The rest agrees with what you already said; 15 readings a day (especially on the one subject) indicates a problem that has surfaced 'through' your use of tarot ... not BECAUSE OF your use of tarot.

Doing 15 of anything a day e.g.washing your hands 15 times, drinking 15 glasses of water ... doing anything (except breathing) 15 times a day is something that should be looked into (beyond the actions into the motivations), i.e. examined.

My concern is your blaming the cards - although they can help to pin point they are not the be all & end all; after all they are inanimate objects just sitting there until they are shuffled & questioned. Although it may be difficult to examine - there could be an issue underlying that has nothing to do with your use of tarot; instead the tarot brought that issue into clarity for you to deal with - in your own words of "addiction" & "obsession". If that is the case the tarot has been a positive & given you a wake up call...

If "moving on" a deck in the future, maybe gift it rather than drowning it - there's more than enough pollution on the planet already that's not being dealt with; besides - the dye, stock & laminates used in the deck aren't healthy for the water or its inhabitants...

Alexiel_Eden

the release bit

SarahJoy

What do you mean? I don't get it :s

the release bit

I can't speak for ravenest, but here's how I see it:

To put it bluntly, the problem is not the cards; the problem is your obsessive behaviour, using the cards.

Releasing the cards (in your case literally, dumping them in the river) doesn't address the problem. We're gently suggesting you examine the obsessive behaviour patterns, figure out why you were compelled to engage in them, and address the problem -- releasing yourself from a negative loop.

To continue ravenest's metaphor: you don't need to quit drinking water. You need to look at why you're compelled to drink 15 glasses of water a day, and fix that.