Premonition versus Vision

WolfSwan

Just wondering what you think the difference might be between premonitions and visions - I.e. How would you tell if you've had a premonition or a vision.

I see premonition as a set event that may happen in the future. Most of the elements would be literal and not symbolic.

I see vision as symbolic of what the querent is considering, so the elements within have symbolic resonance.

For example, I had a "vision" (not sure if it was a premonition) around my birthday. I was meditating and I asked for guidance about my birthday. I was feeling depressed about it and didn't know what to do. I ended up having a very clear image of myself in a sequinned black dress, in the arms of a man in a grey suit, and though I couldn't see his face I was looking up at him lovingly. Behind us the river or ocean with a sunset. It was very real and a blissful feeling.

I ended up feeling pulled to walk back to work a certain way and drawn into a store that had the exact dress in my vision, in only my size. The location of the event is a place that is just opening within the next few weeks. I'd never been there and never heard of it before but came across it by chance and it was exactly the place in my vision.

Only thing missing is the guy. So was that a premonition or vision?

Gofannon

I had a premonition of my wife in a dream about a year before I met her. She had no face, all I remember is her long hair. So your guy could be someone you don't know yet. I'd suggest you buy that dress.

WolfSwan

I had a premonition of my wife in a dream about a year before I met her. She had no face, all I remember is her long hair. So your guy could be someone you don't know yet. I'd suggest you buy that dress.

I bought it straight away!! And now that the place I had a vision of is almost finished construction and ready to open I'm booking it out for my birthday! It's overlooking the river that cuts through my city :) Also my birthday celebration starts with cocktails at sunset...;)

Wow about your wife. Did you recognise her straight away? Or was it the hair that caught your attention? How did you end up meeting? Was it like your vision?

DownUnderNZer

Triple post.

DownUnderNZer

Triple post.

DownUnderNZer

My older sister, a few times, has seen a child standing next to someone...usually a female somebody.

To her the "one" destined to be born to that particular person in the future.

She sees what they will look like and if a boy or girl.

The last one I know of for certain is when she saw my younger sisters son when they were all eating dinner together. He stood next to my youngest sister around the age of 8-10.

Very close to my older sister as well and he calls her "mum" too. :D

Last year for his birthday (and he is not even a teen) they took him on a trip abroad for a month which included a 3 week cruise! Special birthday party for him on board.

A very wanted and well loved miracle child. :heart:

DND :heart:

WolfSwan

My older sister, a few times, has seen a child standing next to someone...usually a female somebody.

To her the "one" destined to be born to that particular person in the future.

She sees what they will look like and if a boy or girl.

The last one I know of for certain is when she saw my younger sisters son when they were all eating dinner together. He stood next to my youngest sister around the age of 8-10.

Very close to my older sister as well and he calls her "mum" too. :D

Last year for his birthday (and he is not even a teen) they took him on a trip abroad for a month which included a 3 week cruise! Special birthday party for him on board.

A very wanted and well loved miracle child. :heart:

DND :heart:

Wow what a beautiful story! That's a pretty impressive talent there. I suppose the fact that the child is then born would be confirmation of a premonition. I wonder how you would know otherwise whether something is a vision or premonition until after the event happens (or doesn't)!

JadePixie

I get premonitions in dreams from time to time.

I've only had a "vision" once and I don't know if it was a vision or if I was just out of my mind (despite being a drug free), it was when I was in labour with my youngest. I saw a man kind of squatting down watching me, I knew it wasn't my husband because he was next to me. I think I started freaking out and asked if there was a man in the room, there shouldn't have been because my attending midwives were female, I remember them telling me to calm down and focus. I still don't know if there was a man there for real or if it was a vision.

DownUnderNZer

Don't think premonition...she sees them like some see ghosts or spirits only before they are born. Like face to face. :)

Wow
what a beautiful story! That's a pretty impressive talent there. I suppose the fact that the child is then born would be confirmation of a premonition. I wonder how you would know otherwise whether something is a vision or premonition until after the event happens (or doesn't)!

DownUnderNZer

Not happened often though to her and no idea why.

Another time she saw a girl skipping outside her window through half sleepy eyes and then when she turned over a glimpse of that little girl standing in the corner of her room.

Woke her up properly.

She freaked out as she was on the second floor so how was it possible to see the kid outside the window! :bugeyed:

Turned out I believe to be a kid that went missing or was missing.

She thinks the kid was there to show her she was no longer alive or maybe because my sister was like a beacon.

My sister didn't like it so got into church more. :)