Prince of swords,King of cups R and the devil R

K.laroux

Hi at the beginning of this month I did a reading on myself using the Celtic spread.
I would like help with the last 3 cards.
8. Prince of Swords
9. King of Cups reversed
10. The Devil reversed
Honestly I'm not liking these cards so close together because I interpret them as possibly an evil man in my life that hasn't reveiled himself yet.
Is the prince the same person as the king if the king was immature?
I interpret the cards like this:
Prince of swords -Information that is upsetting, news of an accident or death.
King of Cups R- deceitful violent man. A man that does harm either physically, mentally or financially or all 3. An evil hateful man.
The Devil R- evil, hateful, greed, ugly, materialistic, shallow, mean, addiction, hidden agenda, emotionless.

rwcarter

Hi K.laroux,

Can you tell us what positions those cards landed in? I personally have at least 30 different versions of the Celtic Cross in my spreads database. Knowing the positions of those cards will help us to help you answer the questions you have about those cards.

K.laroux

The positions were:
8. Prince of swords (Feelings of others around you)
9. King of Cups R (your own positive feelings)
10. The Devil R (the outcome)

rwcarter

The positions were:
8. Prince of swords (Feelings of others around you)
9. King of Cups R (your own positive feelings)
10. The Devil R (the outcome)
Are you using Ellen Cannon Reed's Witches Tarot? If so, how are you interpreting the Courts? Because in her system they don't have meanings in and of themselves, but only as modifiers of the following card.

If you're using more RWS interpretations for the cards, then the Prince Swords would indicate bold, thoughtful and decisive feelings. KC Rx as your own positive feelings is a little harder. It may be saying that the feelings you have are unrealistic or that you're not being honest with yourself about your feelings. Devil Rx as outcome is promising as it suggests release from whatever has bound you, whether that's an unhealthy addiction, a bad relationship or even the ability to upright that KC.

Rodney

K.laroux

Are you using Ellen Cannon Reed's Witches Tarot? If so, how are you interpreting the Courts? Because in her system they don't have meanings in and of themselves, but only as modifiers of the following card.

If you're using more RWS interpretations for the cards, then the Prince Swords would indicate bold, thoughtful and decisive feelings. KC Rx as your own positive feelings is a little harder. It may be saying that the feelings you have are unrealistic or that you're not being honest with yourself about your feelings. Devil Rx as outcome is promising as it suggests release from whatever has bound you, whether that's an unhealthy addiction, a bad relationship or even the ability to upright that KC.

Rodney
you know I just gotta say, I love my deck.
It is the Ellen Cannon Reed deck.
It wasn't until yesterday or the day before that I read on this site that the Witches Tarot is a tree of life based deck. I had no idea.
I learned the card meanings from a book called Tarot A New Handbook for the apprentice by Eileen Connolly.
I'm now thinking I should have added the "what's before you card" to my original question.
That card was the Magician R.
I feel the Magician R is telling me that I have poor lifestyle habits that need to change, and based on what you said about me not being honest with myself, it makes sense.
The magician R says lazy, confused, misled, hesitant, depressed is what's before me.
Unless I turn the tide by first getting real about my situation and then taking action.
If I don't, it will consume me.
Thank you so much, I am so glad I got another angle on the reading.
What do you think about the Magician R ?

rwcarter

you know I just gotta say, I love my deck.
It is the Ellen Cannon Reed deck.
It wasn't until yesterday or the day before that I read on this site that the Witches Tarot is a tree of life based deck. I had no idea.
I learned the card meanings from a book called Tarot A New Handbook for the apprentice by Eileen Connolly.
Ahh, you're not using the author's own system for her deck. Gotcha.

I'm now thinking I should have added the "what's before you card" to my original question.
That card was the Magician R.
I feel the Magician R is telling me that I have poor lifestyle habits that need to change, and based on what you said about me not being honest with myself, it makes sense.
The magician R says lazy, confused, misled, hesitant, depressed is what's before me.
Unless I turn the tide by first getting real about my situation and then taking action.
If I don't, it will consume me.
Thank you so much, I am so glad I got another angle on the reading.
What do you think about the Magician R ?
We generally ask folks to stick to the cards they originally listed instead of keeping adding additional cards one by one until they've crossed the limit of what can be discussed in UTC. I would see the Magician Rx though as suggesting some degree of disorganization. Upright he has the tools before him to create whatever he wishes. Reversed, he isn't able to use those tools for whatever reason.

Rodney

K.laroux

Thank you for your help.
Having another view does help with the confusion.
Your thoughts on what the cards were saying ended up being what it was.
Here I m thinking its someone else, but it's actually me.
When I did the spread, I didn't have any specific questions, so I was leaving it up to the cards to shine some light and sure enough they did!