Pyramids

willowfox

Abrac said:
In this deck Wands represents creative energy. To the Golden Dawn and many of their contemporaries the pyramids were considered temples of initiation into the Mysteries, which involved mastery of the creative forces. Whether they were or not is a matter of debate, but this gives us a clue into what might have been on Smith's mind when she created the images.

But why are they only on the Page, Knight and Queen of Wands?

Abrac

I'm not sure about that. To me the Page and Knight are the only ones that clearly could be pyramids. The Queen looks questionable. Indeed a mystery.

tarot heart

WolfSinger said:
Actually, it seems even AE Waite wasn't sure whether Pamela's drawings were pyramids or not. From The Pictorial Key to the Tarot, describing the Knight of Wands
Quote:
He is shewn as if upon a journey, armed with a short wand, and although mailed is not on a warlike errand. He is passing mounds or pyramids... :

I must admit I have often wondered if those are actually pyramids. Considering the size of them and the perspective they seem too small. However I have been to countries and islands where ant hills are enormous! Perhaps?

Does anyone have any definitive information on why PCS drew these figures, whatever they are? Very interesting.

Attachments

• imagesCA0NRDUD.jpg
    imagesCA0NRDUD.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 146

re-pete-a

They may be attached to the 3 higher mystery principles of ATMAN, BUDDI, MANAS.

The three higher graces, said to be the levels needed to be worked through.
Astral , Etheric , physical.

The salamanders may represent the emotional fires that engulf but teach a lesson eventually.
The heart tried and perhaps purified by the fires of emotions.

Parzival

Why does the base of the front one flow out like water? Not so sure that these are pyramids, I think they may be three mounds, possibly for three messages.

re-pete-a

methinks that the pyramids of that time weren't excavated to show their bases as they are today.

brightcrazystar

It is Rosicrucian, SRIA. Monsalvat is 3 mountains, Abiegnos is the tallest. They are the three Adepts who discover the Body of Signor Gualdi. The Three Mountains contain the Apartment, the Laboratory, and the Chapel.

The SRIA tell the story of the Master of the Temple, Signor Gualdi, who labored in the Chapel while the others attended to the Laboratory. The Bell sounded indicating he wished his Three Chief Adepts to come to him, and they found him dead. In letters of fire he had written with his wand [Igne Nitrum Roris Invenitur], "by Fire the Nitre of the dew is extracted"

I.N.R.I.

They placed his un-aging body, dead but not lifeless, in the Vault of the Adepts. They await for him to arise. Then they proceeded to all have adventures with his wand, which can be easily tied to the images of the three with the pyramids. These are the Court Cards of wands, and Senior Gualdi is the King, who is of course, Jeshua returned, Crowned and Conquering.

The Pass-word of the first Grade of the Order is I.H.Sh.V.H.

The three mountains are Biblically, Mt. Sinai, Mt. Beth El, and Mt. Moriah, known as Golgotha.

brightcrazystar

Change of topic, in brief, to parsifal. Have you seen Syberberg's Parsifal.
I love this movie, and have the 4.5 DVD.

Back to topic:
Yup. The Lance in the Gra'al Myth is heavily connected to the adventures of Signor Gualdi's lance in the hands of the Three Adepts. Two are male, one is female (omg, spoiler!!!) But they symbolize the Three Principles, the Three Gunas (Rajas, Sattva, Tamas) and all the rest.

In the interior Christian symblogy of the SRIA, they are Peter, Paul (Saul of Tarsus), and Mary Magdalene. It is inclusive of the Joseph of Aramathea legend, and the reason the order is called, SRIA.

Societas Rosicrucianis in Anglia.

The "ANGLIA" is England, where it is believed the Rosy Cross was buried, and it's location was veiled in the Arthurian Legend, the King of Camelot whose birth at Caerleon was the emblem of his Court.

This is the basis of Joshua the Mighty, the heritage of the tribe of Judah in Jeshua through Mary, and all other demigod Kings who bear the Lion as their Standard, the Staff as their Comfort, and The Heavens as their Roof.

lucifall

I am not familiar with Syberberg's Parsifal, but as violinist with Wagner's Parsifal.

brightcrazystar said:
It is inclusive of the Joseph of Aramathea legend, and the reason the order is called, SRIA..
This legend is a ritual of a week for the European Roma Gypsy's in St Marie de la Mer in France.
They worship and celebrate Sainte Sarah, The black Madonna. Sara La Kali, servant of Mary (as gypsies teached me)
I have been there in St Marie de la Mer, with my violin, in my hippy-time.
A happening to make part of!and Really Pure devotion!
It hints the whole grail-story in the Roma Gypsy-(indian)way.
Luci'

Edit: Igoogled it Syberberg's Parsifal is here Hitlers Parsifal in Film.
Wagner was (by the way) a favorite composer of Hitler and what i once learned: Crowley corresponded with that moustached man.