Queen of Swords and Magician in common?

bluelagune

I see these two having excellent communication skills, quick wit and professionalism. If they come up in a future in love or life or career readings. How serious are these two?
For some strange reason I get a feeling that in aspects of love even though the magician has the tools he is not very successfull at it. He can do love but can he keep it? . So I would see them both as potentials in love. However when it comes to work, the queen is her job. She is. Where the Magician has all tools to do his job. So my question would be how would you see this pair if it came up in the future of your reading either love or career? And what aspects of their personality brings you to this conclusion.

Farzon

In love: a relation without happy end, due to one of the partners being obsessed with control. At the same time: a warning not to be too controlling. Think about past disappointments and thou will get out right this time.

In a job reading: only the second.

The Magician is always in control of the elements around him. The Queen of Swords shows wisdom from sorrowful experiences or someone very sure of himself, very independent. These strong characters could be too much for each other, showing the conflicting interests of control and independence.

Maybe I can think of more cheerful interpretations tomorrow :D.

tarotbear

I would not go as far as to generalize that The Magician and the Queen Swords are both 'Control Freaks', but two control freaks rarely get along well - for very long - because once they realize that cannot control the other they look for the next weak person to exert control over.

bluelagune

Does queen of swords have love? I always picture her selection of partner based on reason, not love. Where magician gets the girl, she is on his arm but if he is the embodiment of wands does he really love the girl?

At work, all is practical based on reason keeps the work rolling but as progress, energy, drive ... does she have it?

Luna-Ocean

These two cards for me don't really say long lasting love but in a professional relationship that didn't require much affection then yes it could last? If the magician came up in my readings for love relationship or business partnership then business would always win? I tend to see a couple more independently satisfied without any need of emotional attachments involved, these two types of people could be considered compatible towards each other but they could also end up being very controlling?

Smiling

The Magician could also be helpful and assist the Queen of Swords, since he is adept at using his tools. So the Queen of Swords could see the Magician as a great asset. All depends on context of the reading, too.

jolie_amethyst

Does queen of swords have love? I always picture her selection of partner based on reason, not love. Where magician gets the girl, she is on his arm but if he is the embodiment of wands does he really love the girl?

At work, all is practical based on reason keeps the work rolling but as progress, energy, drive ... does she have it?

Because you asked: Yes, in fact, most of us who identify with this court card fully understand the concept of love and have experienced it both in giving and receiving. To think that any given card personality is incapable of something that makes us human is silly. We don't give our hearts easily or trust as readily as others might, mostly due to our life experiences; we generally won't make decisions based on emotions (good or bad), and we aren't as demonstrative with our affection as some suits. That doesn't make us heartless robots unable to love or to feel.

OK, rant over. :) Here's an alternate viewpoint to the power struggle idea:

Many "control freaks" I've known (as opposed to sociopathic bullies--yes, there's a difference) are that way because people they've trusted in the past have let them down. Usually, it's happened pretty often over time, starting in childhood--even if it was unintentional on the other person's part--and as a result, they've lost much of their ability to trust. As far as they're concerned, trust and respect need to be earned, and rightly or wrongly, they think most people aren't capable. But give them a GOOD leader or partner they discover they really can count on, and they will willingly follow that person to the ends of the earth, because it's so damn rare for them to actually find one! I've seen it happen to others, and experienced it myself on both sides of the equation.

Personally speaking, I'm a self admitted QoS/control freak, but the two card-personalities I'll gladly, willingly submit to are the Magician and the Emperor (assuming upright cards), with a preference for Magicians that's probably charisma-based. Either of these has attained a level of mastery in a wider range of areas than any of the Kings; after all, Kings are masters of their suit, not all suits. Emperors are the combination of all the Kings; Magicians are skilled in all four suits (the card generally has a representation of each suit on it for that reason), plus their charisma and talents for manipulation (illusion, deception, political maneuvering, or salesmanship) are an added gift that grants them even more power.

At work, I've directly reported to several Emperors and one Magician over the years; the working relationships with the former were good, though there were occasional issues, while the time I reported to the Magician-type was probably the best working relationship I've ever had. And just for reference: They almost all had strong, loving relationships outside of work as well, with marriages that were more stable and better examples than most. All of them were controlling to one degree or another (the Emperors more so), but were skilled at putting people to work where their skills were best suited, and at using appropriate levels of oversight with those people, levels that allowed their delegates the freedom they needed to do their jobs. Give me a good Emperor or Magician any day; I can at least anticipate the possibility of a strong working partnership with them, because their upright traits make them someone I can trust, and in turn, they figure out fairly quickly that they can count on me in turn. Again, this is assuming mostly upright traits all around.

And yes, that also works on the romantic side. The QoS types I personally know (admittedly a small sample size) are mostly attracted by more dominant personalities, or at least relative equals. They may settle for a weaker partner (or they may have become a QoS while in a relationship with a weaker partner, and stay out of love/loyalty) but given the option, they seem to look for someone who is as strong as they are, if not stronger. In many cases, settling for a less well rounded, less capable partner at some point quite possibly helped to create the grief in their lives that makes them mistrustful to begin with, and they know it. In battling that grief & learning from it, they've become independent sorts who've matured to the point where they value themselves too highly to pair off with someone they can't fully trust to take care of them if it becomes necessary for some reason. This makes an upright Magician much more appealing as a potential mate; he's power personified, but in balance, and wrapped in all that charisma, well, that's pretty damn hot. *fans self* :joke: If she finds him worthy of her trust, he'll have a good chance at gaining her loyalty and love. She has strong reserves of both, because she guards them with every fiber of her being and doesn't hand either out easily. He'll have to earn it, but this is an accomplished man--remember, an Emperor may have inherited his empire, while a Magician has had to work hard for what he has. The challenge she presents won't scare him off. It may even make her more appealing.

Obviously, the negative aspects of these cards colliding can result in one hell of a dominance war that won't end well for anyone. When that happens, don't get too close to the fallout! If he wants unadulterated worship and falling at his feet, she isn't capable of providing that kind of ego-stroking to him. If he ever fails in the trust she's given him, he will likely never get it back. She can be a scheming, vindictive enemy for life, and he can be a manipulative, self centered a--hole. No denying that at their worst, it might get really, really ugly.

But please don't assume the worst is inevitable when you see these cards together. This is a pairing that can work exceedingly well with a lot less friction than many. In work situations, it's potentially a strong, dynamic team that once established, may fight to stay working closely together no matter what other changes occur in their working environment, moving from project to project together and bringing others along that they've found to be dependable too. In love, you may be looking at a strongly bonded couple that others will envy. They may look outwardly less affectionate than some, but you'll see it in their eyes and hear it in their voices. It's easily recognized, if you know to watch for it.

One other thing I'll note: A Magician can't easily fool a QoS. Her BS detector is too sharp for that, and she's often a skilled manipulator herself, so she knows how to spot one. I've personally found there can be a certain attraction for the Magician in that; here's a person that sees through the glamour and still accepts him (maybe even finds him attractive) for who he is and what he can do. She can't be compelled by his well-practiced persuasive personality (though she may find it highly amusing to watch him try, knowing that sometimes he honestly can't help turning it on). He has to use his wits if he needs to convince her of anything. That's rare for him to find; most people either fall under his spell or run from it, because they assume that ill intent on his part makes him that way. Instead, here's one who calls him on the illusion even if she admires him for being able to pull it off, and she won't hesitate to tell him the truth when others don't--she'll even point out when he manages to fool himself. The Magician-type that I worked for for years told me over and over that was absolutely my strongest asset to him, with quick, accurate, dispassionate analysis of any situation being second, and ignoring his mercurial moods third. (And yes, his wife was the same type as me.)

Whew. Hope something in all that helps!
~jolie

annabel398

Hear hear! As a QS myself, life's too short to fool around with men who aren't up for a challenge. My tarot-reading husband identifies as the Magician, and we are a perfect match! Delight in mastery doesn't have to mean "mastery over weak people," y'know. Mastery of new skills is a tonic like no other... I see this combo as a couple of life-long learners.

bluelagune

1. control feaks

Actually I dont see the issue in this one between these two. She controls most of the reasoning, thinking, ie swords. He got three other things to control. What worries me with this duo is that he might manipulate her with his other abilities/tool. And she catches him and gets to use her sword ... any ideas jow volatile this relationship tends to be?

bluelagune

2. longlasting love

She bases everything on reason. Even love. So it could go either way. She might be wise enough to keep this relationship going. However, as mentioned in 1. When she pulls out the swords .... how much damage can she do?