Queen of Swords + Moon As Outcome

violet_crown

A friend of mine recently did a celtic cross reading for a relationship I had ended not too long ago. The spread concluded with the Queen of Swords in the hopes and fears position, and the Moon as the ultimate outcome.

I was wondering if anyone could help me understand this combination? To me, the two cards are about as far apart as you can get. My feeling was that I am the QoS, and the Moon is the relationship itself. The cards were basically trying to tell me to let go of understanding something analytically that would never make much rational sense. Like, for instance, continuing to desire a relationship with a person who's not the greatest for me.

Beyond that, I'm not too sure how to interpret what this says about how things play out in the future. This is also not the first time the two cards had come up together for me (8 of Swords has been making a lot of appearnces as of late, as well...). The best I can frame the original question was, "Where do things stand between X and myself?"

Thirteen

Positions in a Celtic Cross

My feeling was that I am the QoS, and the Moon is the relationship itself.
If you use a Celtic Cross with positions, then you have to take the positions into account. So, Q/Swords was hopes and fears. That you see her as you is fine, but you have to put it in "hopes/fears" context. Meaning what you FEAR you are and/or what you HOPE you are. So she's not really you. She's what you either do/do not want to be. Does that help you understand her?

The Moon was the Outcome, meaning the answer to the question: How do things stand? And the way they stand is not good. The Moon is a card of intuition, but it's also a card of deception, hallucinations, dreams over reality. Meaning one or both of you are under an illusion—either that the relationship is wild, mysterious, romantic—or perhaps that it is scary. Either way, the way things stand is that you (both of you?) are deceiving yourselves and maybe each other as to how you feel. You're not being honest about your feelings, or not willing to admit how you really feel, and how things really stand between you.

Suggestion: If you want to change that Moon (i.e. the way things currently stand between you two), I suggest you put out the Moon and ask the deck: "How do I make the feelings I want to be real, real rather than an illusion?"

But please do no post the answer in this thread. That would be a separate reading requiring it's own thread; and if it's one card, then it's a full reading and belongs in Your Readings.

violet_crown

If you use a Celtic Cross with positions, then you have to take the positions into account. So, Q/Swords was hopes and fears. That you see her as you is fine, but you have to put it in "hopes/fears" context. Meaning what you FEAR you are and/or what you HOPE you are. So she's not really you. She's what you either do/do not want to be. Does that help you understand her?

The Moon was the Outcome, meaning the answer to the question: How do things stand? And the way they stand is not good. The Moon is a card of intuition, but it's also a card of deception, hallucinations, dreams over reality. Meaning one or both of you are under an illusion—either that the relationship is wild, mysterious, romantic—or perhaps that it is scary. Either way, the way things stand is that you (both of you?) are deceiving yourselves and maybe each other as to how you feel. You're not being honest about your feelings, or not willing to admit how you really feel, and how things really stand between you.

This was very helpful, Thirteen. Thank you for sharing this. I had actually read some of your previous posts in other threads on Moon's appearance in relationship reads, and found them to be very enlightening as well.

Suggestion: If you want to change that Moon (i.e. the way things currently stand between you two), I suggest you put out the Moon and ask the deck: "How do I make the feelings I want to be real, real rather than an illusion?"

Also great advice. I did a second spread and have a lot more clarity and peace around the situation. Thank you again. :)

r3alchild

A friend of mine recently did a celtic cross reading for a relationship I had ended not too long ago. The spread concluded with the Queen of Swords in the hopes and fears position, and the Moon as the ultimate outcome.

I was wondering if anyone could help me understand this combination? To me, the two cards are about as far apart as you can get. My feeling was that I am the QoS, and the Moon is the relationship itself. The cards were basically trying to tell me to let go of understanding something analytically that would never make much rational sense. Like, for instance, continuing to desire a relationship with a person who's not the greatest for me.

Beyond that, I'm not too sure how to interpret what this says about how things play out in the future. This is also not the first time the two cards had come up together for me (8 of Swords has been making a lot of appearnces as of late, as well...). The best I can frame the original question was, "Where do things stand between X and myself?"
What I seen in those cards.

Leaning only on one faculty can lead oneself into illusion.