Question about my cards.

Luna Shay Luv

What is a good way to build a connection with my cards?
Also, when i read for myself or other, my readings are good, but when i read for my ex-husband / boyfriend, they are off.. What could be causing this, how can i fix it?

nisaba

Luna Shay Luv said:
Also, when i read for myself or other, my readings are good, but when i read for my ex-husband / boyfriend, they are off.. What could be causing this, how can i fix it?
Use them a lot. Look at the images. Some people say carry them around or sleep with them under your pillow, but this doesn't help you actually get to know them, and no connection really works unless you are deeply familiar with the images. If need be, play games with them, but just keep looking at them.

As to inaccuracy with your partner, many of most of us, when we have strong feelings about someone, or we *think* we know what's going on with them or in their hearts and minds, we can't actually see the messages in the cards because our own thinking clouds it. I wouldn't worry about it. If he really feels he needs a reading, he probably should go to someone outside teh family, anyway, in case any issues come up that make you as his wife uncomfortable.

rwcarter

Luna Shay Luv said:
Familiarity - use them as often as you can, learn the language they're using to speak to you, etc.

Luna Shay Luv said:
You might not be able to fix it. While you may be able to separate yourself from your own readings, you may not be able to separate yourself (your wants, desires, wishes, etc) from your readings for people with whom you have a vested interest in the outcome/interpretation of the reading. There's a whole section on Reading Problems in Post 2 of the Table of Contents - All About Reading sticky Note at the top of the Using Tarot Cards forum.

Rodney

Modern Mystic

A favorite technique of mine I use to better familiarize myself with my decks Is to use sidewalk chalk to make a mural of a randomly drawn card, this is surprisingly effective for me. It's a lot like a mandala, which also requires meditation on the image one is creating, you'd be surprised how many insights into your card you can get from simply enjoying the act of drawing and coloring a work of art.

SakuraFae

Modern Mystic said:
A favorite technique of mine I use to better familiarize myself with my decks Is to use sidewalk chalk to make a mural of a randomly drawn card, this is surprisingly effective for me. It's a lot like a mandala, which also requires meditation on the image one is creating, you'd be surprised how many insights into your card you can get from simply enjoying the act of drawing and coloring a work of art.

That's an amazing idea!

Modern Mystic

Thanks SakuraFae, I hoped people would like it!

SakuraFae

Modern Mystic said:
Thanks SakuraFae, I hoped people would like it!

I just may try it.. if I'm brave enough to meet strange gazes from my neighbors. lol I'll let you know if I do. :D

Luna Shay Luv, I can't add anything about reading for those close to you, but even if I don't pull a card every day, I often shuffle them and reflect on the pictures. Sometimes one will jump and beg me to ponder the meaning.

SunChariot

The only way I use to build a connection with my decks is use them. They are like friends, the more you do things together, the closer you get.

As for your second question, the most likely cause of why your readings for your ex-husband or bf are off it stress-related. It sounds like something about reading for them is making you nervous and we have to be in a calm state of mine to read. Either figure out what is stressing yuo about reading for them and fix it. Or meditate a lot first before you start to calm and center yourself.

That is my felling on why it is likely happening.

Babs

canid

nisaba said:
Use them a lot. Look at the images. Some people say carry them around or sleep with them under your pillow, but this doesn't help you actually get to know them, and no connection really works unless you are deeply familiar with the images.

Uh huh it does! For whatever reason, when they're under my pillow, I often have 'tarot dreams' & I've gotten some very unique but accurate interpretation ideas. Things I'd never thought of, but fit. It's a bit lumpy tho, & not good if you tend to thrash around, but I don't & have been sleeping with them for nearly a year. So me & the king of wands....never mind.

nisaba

canid said:
Uh huh it does! For whatever reason, when they're under my pillow, I often have 'tarot dreams' & I've gotten some very unique but accurate interpretation ideas. Things I'd never thought of, but fit. It's a bit lumpy tho, & not good if you tend to thrash around, but I don't & have been sleeping with them for nearly a year. So me & the king of wands....never mind.
Yes, but I'll bet you you are, as I said, "deeply familiar with hte images". You put a closed box of anything under your piollow that you don't know, and it's not going to improve your knowledge.

Or, if it does, I've been slogging my guts out trying to manage this course I'm doing all the wrong ways! All I really have to do is put the heavy texts, the CD-roms and a slip of paper with the relevant government website URLS on them under my pillow and I'll suddenly know all about it?

Spend time going over and over the images.