Question repetition of 6's and two knights.

mary_leo

Hello guys, Merry Christmas!

I did the "Next Relationship Revised" spread posted by 13Monkeez (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=138579) on AT and I got some doubts about it. I'd be glad if you could help me figure it out.

I pulled three 6's:
His weekness - Six of cups (He's got a hard time letting go)
My reaction to him - Six of pentacles (I'll be generous and kind)
How will the relationship be like - Six of wands (I guess it could mean that I'll feel lucky)

I'm wondering if this repetition mean something. I read that the number six relates to balance, harmony. And it also relates to the lovers meaning commitment, choices, decision...
Could it mean that the relationship will have this "vibe"?

Also on this spread I got two knights, one for the "Who will your next relationship be with?" I got the Knight of Cups, I think it means that he is someone who acts on feelings, emotional, loving, flirtatious.
And for the "Important factors on his past" I got the knight of swords and I think it would mean that he used to be cold, blunt, argumentative.

Because of the knights I believe this guy must be around 20-30 years old and he used to deal with relationships like the knight of swords until he falls in love (knight of cups)

I would love to hear what you guys think.

Mary

headincloud

His weakness - Six of cups is the only card in the pack that specifically relates to our past so he may have a rocky or difficult past as a weakness. He may also be holding onto a past relationship, he's likely nostalgic.

My reaction to him - Six of pentacles, Getting what you deserve.

How will the relationship be like - Six of wands, Successful.

Knight of Cups is the card of the lover.
knight of swords, he may have a conflictual past.

mary_leo

Thank you Headinthecloud for your reply!
I thought of the 6 of pentacles as sharing, being generous.
I never thought of it as getting what I deserve, I appreciate a different perspective.

Enviado de meu MotoG3-TE usando Tapatalk

rwcarter

I pulled three 6's:
His weekness - Six of cups (He's got a hard time letting go)
My reaction to him - Six of pentacles (I'll be generous and kind)
How will the relationship be like - Six of wands (I guess it could mean that I'll feel lucky)
6C - he may retreat into the past (better, simpler, less stressful times) when under duress
6P - you may feel like you need to be the giver in the relationship
6W - the relationship will be successful as long as one of you remains on the pedestal, and considering the other two 6s, that's probably going to have to be him

I'm wondering if this repetition mean something. I read that the number six relates to balance, harmony. And it also relates to the lovers meaning commitment, choices, decision...
Could it mean that the relationship will have this "vibe"?
According to the Pictorial Key to the Tarot (PKT), three 6s mean success.

Also on this spread I got two knights, one for the "Who will your next relationship be with?" I got the Knight of Cups, I think it means that he is someone who acts on feelings, emotional, loving, flirtatious.
And for the "Important factors on his past" I got the knight of swords and I think it would mean that he used to be cold, blunt, argumentative.
KnC could be someone who leads with his heart. KnS could be someone who had to fight to get where he is today or it could be someone who leaps before he looks. Two Knights suggest intimacy according to the PKT.

Because of the knights I believe this guy must be around 20-30 years old and he used to deal with relationships like the knight of swords until he falls in love (knight of cups)
A lot of folks see Pages as children, Knights as teens and young adults, Queens as adult women and Kings as adult men. But in talking about Significators for the Celtic Cross, Waite says that
Pictorial Key said:
A Knight should be chosen as the Significator if the subject of inquiry is a man of forty years old and upward; a King should be chosen for any male who is under that age; a Queen for a woman who is over forty years; and a Page for any female of less age.

Hope this helps with different perspectives,
Rodney

Styx

I just thought that I could give you my take on this, just in case it might help.

Six of cups could mean that he likes "known pleasures", a form of emotional stability; it might be his weakness if you tend to find this boring or if you hope that the excitement of the first few months of a relationship might last.

Six of pentacles - a possibly unbalanced exchange. You will be under the impression that you are making more effort than he will. You might feel that you have the upper hand, in a way - the rich person giving to the poor: you may feel much more comfortable or self-assured than him, so you would feel you have to pull the weight of the relationship, at least in the beginning.

Six of wands - it could mean that you will feel lucky because of the work (6 of pentacles), you will feel like you "deserved" to get him. The winner of the 6/wands might be a bit blind to his surroundings - I think his apparent indifference might fool you.

I think the knight of cups gives you the key of all the sixes. I can see the knight of cups as a flirtatious, daring lover; but given the other cards, I would insist on the dreamer aspect - someone who gets through ups and downs just on his own, interpreting and imagining signs and conversations. That's why he may appear either romantically over-the-top or extremely shy; with him, the action is inside.

I think the knight of swords might be someone else - he's been confronted with harsh words that were very hard to process; now he's more careful before he lets his guard down.

mary_leo

It made me wonder!

Hi Rodney I'm very grateful for your insight!
The way you explained the 6's made me have a rush of intuition, because the first six cards of the reading are about the person's personality and it described perfectly my last boyfriend, but we broke up last April so I've been trying to move on.

Maybe this spread is a warning that he might come back into my life and I'll still be the giver and he'll still want me to take care of him, I surely made his life much easier (6 of pentacles) and he might be missing all this (6 of cups). I worked really hard for 2 years to make it work and I would really feel "lucky" if he came back in a different, loving way (6 of wands).

About the knights... when I was dating him, he was very cold, angry, impatient, indifferent (knight of swords) and he might try to show me a different side of him (knight of cups).
I don't really like the knight of cups and I might be terribly wrong, but it sounds like that guy who says he is in love, but at the same time is not ready to commit, it feels like it is much more about conquering.

I really apreciate your answer!
Mary

mary_leo

Hi Styx, I use the Mythic Tarot and I always thought of the 6 of cups as looking at the past, unable to let go and I always felt some sort of sadness looking at this card. I love when I get new perspectives on a card.
And yes I have always been the six of pentacles, I make their problems my problems and I help in every situation, plus I believe the spread shows my ex-boyfriend and we had very different financial background, he has always been really really poor and I did help him and his mom pay for utilities by hiring him for gigs.

And I know that if I saw he has changed, I would feel very lucky and I would certainly feel like a reaping what I sow, good karma.

About the knight of cups you said "I think the knight of cups gives you the key of all the sixes. I can see the knight of cups as a flirtatious, daring lover; but given the other cards, I would insist on the dreamer aspect - someone who gets through ups and downs just on his own, interpreting and imagining signs and conversations. That's why he may appear either romantically over-the-top or extremely shy; with him, the action is inside."
I agree with you completely and once again it points to my ex, he is a pisces guy who doesn't let anyone see his soft side and he always quotes "I'm a day dreamer and a night thinker".
And the knight of swords is the way he used to treat me when we were dating... he was cold, angry and he used to yell at me a lot =(.

Thank you! You did help me a lot!
Mary

Laurelle

6's are in Tipareth. Knights are also in Tipareth. Both represent beauty and are linked by the Hebrew conjunction "vav", which means "and".

So the repeating cards without interpreting each individual I would say there is something here full of beauty and something connecting both of you together.

mary_leo

6's are in Tipareth. Knights are also in Tipareth. Both represent beauty and are linked by the Hebrew conjunction "vav", which means "and".

So the repeating cards without interpreting each individual I would say there is something here full of beauty and something connecting both of you together.

Hi Laurelle, I'm reading about tipareth and the sixes, very interesting and meaningful!
Thank you!