Quotes about Tarot

Laura Borealis

I know there have been a couple of threads with tarot quotes, but I wanted to start a new one... I'm doing a project for a digital media class and need inspiration! If anyone has quotes about, or relating to tarot, please share! :)

Here is one to start, from the tv show My So-Called Life...

"Each card has a name. The Magician, the Empress, The Fool, The Wheel of Fortune, Strength. They represent challenges and tests. Twists of fate. No card is all good or all bad. Cards can be positive or negative, depending on where they fall.

When you read someone's future, they must think of a question. They must hold it in their mind. The cards are read in sequence. Each card leads to the next. We move from terror and loss to unexpected good fortune. And out of darkness, hope is born."

Ivy Rhiannon

I only know two. One is "I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died." Stephen Wright and the other is in my signiture. I am actually looking for more myself, hope this helps! :D

Deana

"Once you start reading them as a story with a beginning, middle and (open) end, they'll stop feeling like a bunch of fortune cookie answers." Emmi Fredericks, The Smart Girl's Guide to Tarot, p.7

Obscure

Desert island

Eliphas Levi: "An imprisoned person with no other book than the Tarot, if he [sic] knew how to use it, could in a few years acquire universal knowledge, and would be able to speak on all subjects with unequalled learning and inexhaustible eloquence."

Asia

"The Tarot embodies symbolical presentations of universal ideas, behind which lie all the implicits of the human mind, and it is in this sense that they contain secret doctrine, which is the realization by the few of truths embedded in the consciousness of all."
~ Dr. Arthur Edward Waite (1857-1942)

Hope this helps.

Fulgour

"How do you spell Marseille?
...nah, forget it!"

~Nicolas Conver 1759

mike gorth

"You've lost your ability to see"

It's from a James Bond movie but I can't remember which film. It has Roger Moore in it and the Tarot of the Witches are the cards that the reader uses.

tarotbear

"Live and Let Die" - After Jane Seymour sleeps with James. Her boss, the villian Kananga says this to her after she does a reading and flubs the answers for him.

mike gorth

That's right I couldn't think of it. God Damn it shut Up!!!!!!! Thank you.... sorry, there was someone playing the loudest video game. I HATE stupid people. sorry for the interruption. Anyway, I was thinking of for your eyes only but that's not the right one. I love the old james bond movies but thank you for clearing that up bear.

Mike Gorth

Moongold

"The Tarot is a book, disguised as a pack of cards" Paul Foster Case

"The Tarot then is a symbolic wheel of life" Paul Foster Case